Pat Boone, Bud Harper, John Manship

https://recordcollectorsguild.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=60818&highlight=&sid=2dd7a002215fb608ae0ac926bd4d1f71

I'd appreciate if you'd read the comments by "Global Dog Productions" at the link (it's not lengthy) and refute them - it's not the first time he's said this about Manship (or Pat Boone, for that matter). I'd love to see you register at that site and tear the comments apart right there, but if you CBA then I'd be happy to quote what you might reply here. In advance, thank you!

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

INTERESTING COMMENTS ?

a pity we can not comment without joining the site ! but after reading that rubbish id rather not particpate.

Johns getting flack from all sides partly jelousey imo

What is clear is the site knows nothing about soul music

Social source share

the guy in oregon obviously knows nothing about the uk northern soul scene. it looks as tho what he is trying to say is that because john put the bootleg guide out..... he is responsible for bootlegging the records. also we all know that not just soul 45 `s get played on the northern soul scene we have stuff played by white artists and the guy hasnt got the tools to grab the concept of this.

dave

Social source share

What is clear is the site knows nothing about soul music

A few there do, but sadly I'm unable to challenge your point in general. Thanks for the comment.

will absolutely refute when i get home,,,,been buying off john since i was 16.....absolute TOP bloke,,,,

Much appreciated; I can't stand when someone sets themselves up as an authority on something and then gets it bass ackwards (maliciously, no less).

We already told this guy where to go when he made those accusations a couple of years ago, why's he at it again I wonder?

Some weird vendetta, I'd guess; I can't find the previous comments in the site's history, so a refresher smackdown would be helpful if you've got a moment to do it. Thanks!

Social source share

The guy's obviously a dick. :thumbsup:

What's his point on the Duke 395 Bud Harper "Wherever You Were" b/w Bobby Bland "Shoes" though? Was that a boot? He says The "real" Duke 395 was Ida Fisher- "Bad Understanding" b/w "No Request" - 1966. I don't really know the catalogue that well so can't comment but I'm curious as to whether Duke may have reissued it.........:lol:

Ian D :yes:

Social source share

The guy's obviously a dick. :thumbsup:

What's his point on the Duke 395 Bud Harper "Wherever You Were" b/w Bobby Bland "Shoes" though? Was that a boot? He says The "real" Duke 395 was Ida Fisher- "Bad Understanding" b/w "No Request" - 1966. I don't really know the catalogue that well so can't comment but I'm curious as to whether Duke may have reissued it.........:lol:

Ian D :yes:

It is a boot but John's just selling them, as I and hundreds of other people do. He ain't making them.

Social source share

It is a boot but John's just selling them, as I and hundreds of other people do. He ain't making them.

Well I gathered that. Is it a recent boot or an old one?

Actually this guy needs shutting down quickly 'cos those kind of statements can be damaging and shit like that can spread like wildfire on t'internet. John should send a cease and desist order sharpish.

Ian D :thumbsup:

Social source share

Well I gathered that. Is it a recent boot or an old one?

Actually this guy needs shutting down quickly 'cos those kind of statements can be damaging and shit like that can spread like wildfire on t'internet. John should send a cease and desist order sharpish.

Ian D :thumbsup:

Think they are about 7 or 8 years old now. They were done for one of the Prestatyns or Blackpool weekenders

Social source share

The bizarre thing is that the person making those inane comments is the guy behind the following site:

https://www.globaldogproductions.info/

He really should know better.

He's probably had a run-in with John since he's obviously also in the discography business. John's probably been a bit short with him or he's probably been plaguing John with info requests or such-like. It'll be something like that no doubt..........:thumbsup:

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

The clip that Ken posted above is the Pat Boyack/Sweet Pea Atkinson version.

I absolutely love the original 70s version. :(

Ah thats why it sounds pretty allright,i won't bother posting up the other P Boone on source no.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!