Just Soul - November 13Th 2010 (Saturday)

Just Soul

Just a gentle heads up for our next event, a month today!

Saturday 13th November 2010

8:00pm - 2:00am

Admission £5.00

An evening of only Top Quality Soul Music in the company of:-

SEAN HAMPSEY - ANDY 'TATS' TAYLOR - KEVIN BRISCOE + BULLY

Delivering the UK's most truly Soulful playlist!

The Venue

Ye Olde Bell Hotel

Barnby Moor

Retford

Nottinghamshire

DN22 8QS

This superb venue is conveniently located on the border of Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire & Yorkshire close to the A1, M1, M18 & M62 with Doncaster, Lincoln, Nottingham, Leeds, Chesterfield, Rotherham, Sheffield and Nottingham all within an hours drive.

www.yeoldebell-hotel.co.uk

As previously arranged, we have a Special room rate of £65 (inc breakfast) for those wanting to stay over (normal rate £110).

Be sure to mention 'Just Soul' to get the special rate.

So get ready for another evening of real Soul Music.

Not just Northern, Not just Modern, Not just Crossover... Just Soul!

If you want to know what all the fuss is about, visit www.JustSoul.co.uk or see the Feedback thread from the opening night.

Yet again, its gonna be special.

:thumbsup:

We look forward to seeing you on the night!

Please Note: Lock out will be at 10:30pm so please do try and arrive early.

The Just Soul movement continues.

Sean

• Replies 112
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

At firking last... I have been waiting impatiently for this for what feels like an eternity - and now I've only got 31 sleeps to wait. I promise you all I WILL be a nightmare...

Can't we start earlier than 8? :thumbsup:

At firking last... I have been waiting impatiently for this for what feels like an eternity - and now I've only got 31 sleeps to wait. I promise you all I WILL be a nightmare...

Can't we start earlier than 8? :lol:

You and me alike Kirsty , been checking events every day .

p.s I thought you were a nice quite lady !!! :thumbsup:

Guest topcatnumpty1

Wondered when you were gonna post this Mr.H.----Roll on ,can,t wait Nov 13th --my birthday and our 20 th anniversary(we might be even more rowdy and gregarious than Kirsty!!!!!

T.C AND RANI

Blimey there's only 5 posts and I've been slandered in both

First Mak suggested I were a lady, then Tony reckoned I was rowdy :thumbsup:

I'll have you all know I'm neither of the above - I'm just a handful - or two if you've got freakishly small hands :lol:

Looking forward to this so very much it's hard to contain my exhuberance

Guest topcatnumpty1

Can't we start earlier than 8? :(

kirst, as Rani and I are celebrating we,ll have started way b4 8,you,re welcome to have a half shandy with us!!!

T.C

Good crew coming from the NE. What time are folks planning to start partying so we can make our descent on Just Soul in good time.

Kev

Kev

We are hopefully setting off around 5'ish quick freshen up then down to watch Bully and Tats play lp tracks for each other !. You in the hotel or the travelodge ?.

Cant wait whos coming down with you?. Is the " its not all that" going

Edited by Adam G
Guest topcatnumpty1

Rani and me(I) are landing mid afternoon ,and were going to find a local tea shop to start our celebrations,expecting a well known "southern softie " and Malc Burton and a York contingent later on,sounds promising!!!!

T.C

Kev

We are hopefully setting off around 5'ish quick freshen up then down to watch Bully and Tats play lp tracks for each other !. You in the hotel or the travelodge ?.

Cant wait whos coming down with you?. Is the " its not all that" going

How are you mate, we are staying at Traval Lodge, Me, Pete, Gaz, Shep, Col, Daz and Harry are going. I have booked the Minibus from the Travel Lodge for 6.30, so should see you lads just at the right time for Bully,s and Tats opening spot.

Kev

Wondered when you were gonna post this Mr.H.----Roll on ,can,t wait Nov 13th --my birthday and our 20 th anniversary(we might be even more rowdy and gregarious than Kirsty!!!!!

T.C AND RANI

CONGRATULATIONS Tony & Rani,

You're definitely coming to the right place for a double celebration of such magnitude!

Look forward to seeing you there mate.

:lol:

Sean

Can't we start earlier than 8? :yes:

We would not expect anything else :thumbsup:

With you being you Kirsty , and it also being Tony Coleby's birthday , his and Rani's Anniversary and a state visit from Lord Carshalton " Foggy " Dewhirst , the evening promises to be more than memorable .......

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Guest Kev Briscoe

My word, is it that time already?!

Can't believe how it's flown since that balmy summers evening in July! Now winter, and another birthday is fast approaching.

Great to see so many people are still with us one year on!

Thanks for all your support.

Kev

Can't believe how it's flown since that balmy summers evening in July! Now winter, and another birthday is fast approaching.

Kev

I know Kev the first anniversary!! one of many mate betcha

just 26 sleeps too

a. lose a good half a stone so my new dress fits like its meant to - and not where it touches!

b. for my hair to grow a couple of inches so it doesn't resemble a helmet like it does today :hatsoff2:

and most importantly

c. meet up with some of my favourite people so we can drink, dance and sing together while we listen to some of the best music ever made thumbup.gif

Kev

Anniversary patch anyone? I'll get me coat:ph34r:

Guest topcatnumpty1

just 26 sleeps too

a. lose a good half a stone so my new dress fits like its meant to - and not where it touches!

b. for my hair to grow a couple of inches so it doesn't resemble a helmet like it does today :ohmy:

and most importantly

c. meet up with some of my favourite people so we can drink, dance and sing together while we listen to some of the best music ever made :thumbsup:

Kirsty--i,m with you on A and C(losing the weight ,not getting into the dress,that is!!)

Getting closer---is Lady Hamilton joining us?

T.C

"I,m not going to change your sheets again Mr Garbutt":thumbup:

Dont mention sheets after Foster and Kirsty wrecked mine int travel lodge with cake coffee and booze!!!!!!!

Dont mention sheets after Foster and Kirsty wrecked mine int travel lodge with cake coffee and booze!!!!!!!

phew glad you continued the sentance to explain how Me and Foster sullied your sheets - my reputation could have been in tatters :D

Guest topcatnumpty1

phew glad you continued the sentance to explain how Me and Foster sullied your sheets - my reputation could have been in tatters :huh:

"Reputation in Tatters!!"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T.C

T.C AND RANI

All this talk of birthdays and anniversaries etc.

I know of three more birthdays within a week either side of this night... and they'll all be there to join in the celebrations!

Looks like Kirsty is gonna be busy baking for some time beforehand doesn't it :thumbsup:

Guest Kev Briscoe

All this talk of birthdays and anniversaries etc.

I know of three more birthdays within a week either side of this night... and they'll all be there to join in the celebrations!

Looks like Kirsty is gonna be busy baking for some time beforehand doesn't it :thumbsup:

Three more birthdays, come on John! Name and Shame I say!!

Kev (54 tomorrow)

Guest Brett F

Looking forward to Just Soul this month, i've been spoilt these last couple of months, heard some of the best music in collections here and abroad, and i've no doubt that rich vein will continue at Just Soul. I spoke with Sean just last night and his philosophy behind Just Soul is spot on and i found myself fully agreeing with him, a lot of people would like to see this night appear monthly but less is more, the anticipation adds to the overall enjoyment. Be good if the guys could wet our appetite with perhaps a few things we might have he chance of hearing on the 13th.

Brett

Three more birthdays, come on John! Name and Shame I say!!

Kev (54 tomorrow)

No, let's see if any of them come forward first :thumbup:

Mind you... it doesn't take much working out if you check out the dates in the calendar - that's if they've put the info in their profile - I've not checked that method yet...

All the best for yours Tomorrow! :thumbsup::huh::(

phew glad you continued the sentance to explain how Me and Foster sullied your sheets - my reputation could have been in tatters :thumbsup:

See still no apology !! just botherd about yer tatters !!!

See still no apology !! just botherd about yer tatters !!!

Adam I AM so very, very sorry... next time I WILL not let Peter eat crisps in your bed :huh: That way I can't kick the packet out of his hand, thus strewing the contents onto your sheets. nor will I jump up and down on your bed while trying to avoid your spindly legs that you had under the duvet and in doing so jiggling Peter who duly spilt his drink

See ya in 3 weeks for more of the same... :thumbsup:

Be good if the guys could wet our appetite with perhaps a few things we might have he chance of hearing on the 13th.

Brett

Anyone can get a flavour of the playlist for Just Soul from www.JustSoul.co.uk Brett.

Hard to say what will be on the playlist before the night itself.

We just open the box and let the spirit move us :lol:.

Besides, you already know, it'll be 'Just Incredible'.

:rolleyes:

Sean

Anyone can get a flavour of the playlist for Just Soul from www.JustSoul.co.uk Brett.

Hard to say what will be on the playlist before the night itself.

We just open the box and let the spirit move us :thumbsup:.

Besides, you already know, it'll be 'Just Incredible'.

Sean

Well just make sure you pack some A Popcorn wylie and B some Ronnie Dyson (love in all flavours lp would be good !) but dont take any notice of me lads just bring a full box .cant wait......can feel my hangover areet the now!!

Lee & I will be down early, as per usual. Grab some tuck, then straight in for some nice early doors mellowness....

...and some usual Bully type banter....

Girf

Since when does downing 5 pints and taking some snuff constitute 'early doors mellowness'?:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1

Since when does downing 5 pints and taking some snuff constitute 'early doors mellowness'?:thumbsup:

When your from the Boro mate !!! see you all there early doors then

When your from the Boro mate !!! see you all there early doors then

Boro & Essex alike....get with the program Binsy, or you'll be left behind in a flurry of old socks...:lamsey:..whatever that means. It'll all make sense on the night......

Edited by Girthdevon