Event Title: LUXURY SOUL WEEKENDER BLACKPOOL

Event Author: mike

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Fri 07 January 2011

-------------------------------------------------

dug from their website

https://www.luxurysoulweekender.com

The Details ...

The Luxury Soul Weekender team are extremely pleased to announce our 15th Luxury Soul Weekender in 4-star opulence to the "Hilton Hotel" in Blackpool from Friday 7th until Sunday 9th January 2011

As well as top quality contemporary and classic soul, Jazz Funk and Soulful dance, played by a top team of UK DJs, we will also be bringing you three fantastic live acts Michael Henderson, Jean Carne and Cool Million.

DJs will play in four rooms of music: The Queens (Jazz Funk, Disco Anthems, Soulful dance/garage); Springs (80s Boogie Tunes); The Westminster (Northern Soul, Motown and 70s Crossover) and the legendary lounge (mellow grooves and future anthems)

Anyone wishing to book accommodation packages at The Hilton, The Imperial of Savoy are advised to take care of their reservation as soon as possible. Booking are being taken for this event by The Hilton directly on 01253 623434, or you can book here on-line. Day passes will also available now from Ticketline

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 16
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

140.jpg

Ditto ! Can't wait , just gotta get xmas & new year out the way !!!! :lol:

Who else is going out there ?? :lol:

:lol: I'm going ..... again :lol:

I usually go for the whole weekend but this year well next year I have to be somewhere else on the Friday so wont be there until Sat but that's no problem as I'll soon catch up to everyone else's pace :yes:

Really looking forward to it. The last one was one of the best, for me, & I can't see next years being any different :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest andyrattigan

Great weekender.

Highlights for me were the Saturday afternoon Jazz Dance session and Colin Curtis's Mecca Memories set Saturday night.

All in all a top weekend of Modern Soul from the 7ts through to today. There was even a couple of Northern Soul sets in one of the rooms which took me back to my roots.

Great weekender.

Highlights for me were the Saturday afternoon Jazz Dance session and Colin Curtis's Mecca Memories set Saturday night.

All in all a top weekend of Modern Soul from the 7ts through to today. There was even a couple of Northern Soul sets in one of the rooms which took me back to my roots.

Hi Andy :wave:

Great to see you at the weekend & welcome to the North :lol:

The highlights for me, on my short visit (one night only :() were Colin Curtis's Berlin Classics in the Queens & Bob Jefferies in the same hallowed room straight after Colin :thumbsup:

Another highlight for me, of course, was seeing Jean Carne perform, again, though "Dont let it go to your head" went on for 10 million years :thumbsup: and "I'm back for more" didn't go on for long enough angry.gif The little lady can certainly belt them out :yes: Really enjoyed her performance.

Another fantastic Luxury Soul Weekender

Well done Richard & Ralph :P

Roll on Birmingham now :thumbup:

Ali x

Guest andyrattigan

Hi Alison.

I also enjoyed Colin C's Berlin Classics set. He is my favourite DJ by far with a very similar eclectic taste in music to myself.

See you out and about in 2011 :D

Hi Alison.

I also enjoyed Colin C's Berlin Classics set. He is my favourite DJ by far with a very similar eclectic taste in music to myself.

See you out and about in 2011 :lol:

Sorry I missed you at The Hilton, it's always nice to put faces to names.

I was sit with Alison for a while in the Queens on Saturday Night..:thumbup:

Edited by davetay
Guest welshruss

Highlight for me was Teecee Saturday afternoon - these sets are becoming legendary now.......Bob Jeffries 3hr set - absolutely banging.....And Alison "shimmering" in the night.....lol

Brilliant weekend all round.

I was sit with Alison for a while in the Queens on Saturday Night..:lol:

Dave - you did see him, but didn't know it. He was stood with Mark (or was it Darren :D ) in the hallway when I first got there. There was a group of us chatting by the lifts & you came up to us & it was when I asked you where Lou was. I should have introduced you at the time. Sorry :thumbup: x

Highlight for me was Teecee Saturday afternoon - these sets are becoming legendary now.......Bob Jeffries 3hr set - absolutely banging.....And Alison "shimmering" in the night.....lol

:D :D You should have the heard the dress Russ. It sounded like Santa's sleigh when I walked and when I danced, well, put it this way I didn't need any Maraca's :yes::D

Was gutted that I missed the afternoon session as I've heard nothing but good about it :thumbup: I will be there for the WHOLE weekend next year :lol:

xxx

Guest andyrattigan

It's so great to see so many Modern Soul fans embracing Jazz Dance. It was an amazing afternoon of music in there.

Guest andyrattigan

I was sit with Alison for a while in the Queens on Saturday Night..:ohmy:

Catch you another time Dave :lol:

regards,

Andy