Burscough British Legion Sat 23Rd October

Brookesy

BURSCOUGH BRITISH LEGION

LORD STREET

BURSCOUGH

LANCS L40 4BZ.

SATURDAY 23rd OCTOBER AND EVERY FOURTH SATURDAY OF THE MONTH.

Yes folks, its Burscough British Legion time again!! :hatsoff2:

Hot Dog....

Jumpin' Frog....

Alberquerque! :thumbsup:

Another night of quality soul sounds for your delectation and delight, all spun on original vinyl. If you like to hear something a bit different come along to the Legion-----underplayed oldies, uptempo R&B, nighter sounds, lesser played and rarer tunes a speciality. :D

This month once again we have a superb line up of top DJs for your listening pleasure:

Geoff Rudd

Kev Fearnhead

Pete Everett

Carol McCarthy

Tony Brookes

Burscough Legion is a crackin' venue with a great wooden dancefloor, cheap bar, free parking, friendly atmosphere and a top sound system----unlike some! An' it takes place on the fourth Saturday of each month........:lol:

For more info ring 07855011505

• Replies 44
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

BURSCOUGH BRITISH LEGION

LORD STREET

BURSCOUGH

LANCS L40 4BZ.

SATURDAY 23rd OCTOBER AND EVERY FOURTH SATURDAY OF THE MONTH.

Yes folks, its Burscough British Legion time again!! :thumbup:

Hot Dog....

Jumpin' Frog....

Alberquerque! :unsure:

Another night of quality soul sounds for your delectation and delight, all spun on original vinyl. If you like to hear something a bit different come along to the Legion-----underplayed oldies, uptempo R&B, nighter sounds, lesser played and rarer tunes a speciality. :D

This month once again we have a superb line up of top DJs for your listening pleasure:

Geoff Rudd

Kev Fearnhead

Pete Everett

Carol McCarthy

Tony Brookes

Burscough Legion is a crackin' venue with a great wooden dancefloor, cheap bar, free parking, friendly atmosphere and a top sound system----unlike some! An' it takes place on the fourth Saturday of each month........:lol:

For more info ring 07855011505

Ayup Tony & Lisa,

Just booked our B & B in Burscough....:lol:

We will be making the ritual Pennine crossing mid afternoon Saturday....:yes:

Which also means, we will be there nice and early....wink.gif Don't want to miss a single choon....:thumbsup:

We both absolutely love this venue....:thumbup:

It's got everything mentioned above, plus allot more....:D

Including Nice Cold Newky Brown....beer.gif:yes:beer.gif

Got your flyer's packed Tony, I'll put them out in the Rare & Underplayed room this weekend at Scarborough....:thumbup:

KTF........................ Bridgey & Linda....:thumbsup:

Ayup Tony & Lisa,

Just booked our B & B in Burscough....:thumbsup:

We will be making the ritual Pennine crossing mid afternoon Saturday....:yes:

Which also means, we will be there nice and early....wink.gif Don't want to miss a single choon....:D

We both absolutely love this venue....:thumbup:

It's got everything mentioned above, plus allot more....:D

Including Nice Cold Newky Brown....:thumbup::thumbsup:beer.gif

Got your flyer's packed Tony, I'll put them out in the Rare & Underplayed room this weekend at Scarborough....:thumbup:

KTF........................ Bridgey & Linda....:yes:

Nice one Bridgey----must cost you a fortune coming over to Lancashire every month and staying in a B&B........:thumbsup::lol:

Have a top weekend in Scarborough and we'll see you both next weekend. :thumbup:

Pete n I will b there as usual. Line up looks brill. This is a must go to venue if your thinking of going don't think go won't be disappointed. Great crowd brill atmosphere = great night.

'Twill be good to see the pair of you again-----got some good stuff to spin next week, may do a little tribute to Norman Johnson and Solomon Burke who both sadly passed away recently.

See you next week. :yes:

Edited by brookesy

would love to be there saterday' but for once i cant make it .due to circumstances beyond my control . but its not writen in stone yet' and geoff has been buying a bit here and there i understand, so would be intoresting to see what he comes up with he did a top one for us at st teresas last month , if i dont make it have a good un !

would love to be there saterday' but for once i cant make it .due to circumstances beyond my control . but its not writen in stone yet' and geoff has been buying a bit here and there i understand, so would be intoresting to see what he comes up with he did a top one for us at st teresas last month , if i dont make it have a good un !

Thanks for the message Paul, have a good 'un on Saturday night wherever you end up! :thumbup:

So Geoffs been spending a bit of his hard earned pie money, eh.......? :wub:

Here's to an interesting evening.....................:yes:

Nice one Bridgey----must cost you a fortune coming over to Lancashire every month and staying in a B&B........:thumbup::lol:

Have a top weekend in Scarborough and we'll see you both next weekend. :yes:

Shhh..........:shhh: Tony,

Can't say to much about the B & B, or everyone will want to stay there....:lol:

First class breakfast and I even get to raid the fridge after the venue....:wub:

We had a brilliant weekender in Scarborough, you would have loved the Rare Room mate. Although I was DJ-in in the Main Room, Linda & I kept popping down when we could over the weekend. (Derreck Higham did a great set in there). It was a great way to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary....beer.gif

Setheeeee....:yes: on Saturday

KTF....................................... Bridgey & Linda....:Dbeer.gif:)

MISSED LAST MONTHS BURSCOUGH, BUT NOT GOING TO MISS THIS ONE!!

LOOKING FORWARD TO A GREAT NIGHT WITH A GREAT DJ LINE-UP ONCE AGAIN :lol:

OH AND GREAT PEOPLE wub.gif

SEE YOU SATURDAY!

Shame you couldn't make it last time, some great music but unfortunately a bit quiet numbers wise. Should be a lot busier this time though. :huh:

Your support is always appreciated at Burscough and I mean that from the heart of my bottom..............:yes:

See you both on Saturday. :lol:

Hey up.

I'm another one pining for a Burscough banquet of soul after missing last months offering. Looking forward to satisfying me cravings this Saturday night though. :thumbsup:

Don't forget though, it's Autumn and that can only mean one thing.... leaves on the line. So I might have to get me brush and shovel out and clear the way for me 8 o'clock train :lol:

Sithi on Saturday thumbup.gif

Im so looking forward to this, been promising to attend for ages and now I have a new fangled phone with car pointing directions so I 'probably' won't get lost laugh.gif

Going to bring some sales boxes so anyone with a few spare shillings or euros :) , there's some bargains to be had! :lol:

see you sat :thumbsup:

Shhh..........:shhh: Tony,

Can't say to much about the B & B, or everyone will want to stay there....:lol:

First class breakfast and I even get to raid the fridge after the venue....:thumbsup:

We had a brilliant weekender in Scarborough, you would have loved the Rare Room mate. Although I was DJ-in in the Main Room, Linda & I kept popping down when we could over the weekend. (Derreck Higham did a great set in there). It was a great way to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary....beer.gif

Setheeeee....thumbsup.gif on Saturday

KTF....................................... Bridgey & Linda....:)beer.gifthumbup.gif

Glad you had a good time in Scarborough matey, 30 years eh? Linda must have been a child bride...........:lol:

See you both on Saturday. :lol:

Top line up indeed Tony :thumbsup:

Good luck with keeping Rudd and Fearnhead in check biggrin.gif

HA HE,S NO CHANCE JOAN :) NONE laugh.gif pity you can,t be there mate iv perfected the secret SAS neck lock hold :lol: puts you to sleep in a split second :shhh: Tony said i could try it out on you as soon as poss!! hav a great nite joan and give my reguards to that man of yours thumbsup.gif Atb Geoff

Thanks for the message Paul, have a good 'un on Saturday night wherever you end up! :thumbsup:

So Geoffs been spending a bit of his hard earned pie money, eh.......? :shhh:

Here's to an interesting evening.....................biggrin.gif

SPENDING MY PIE MONEY ON RECORDS no.gif NEVER!! :lol: SPEND JEAN,S PIE MONEY ON RECORDS :) THATS THE WAY YOU DO IT. SEE YOU SAT. ENZO shades.gif

Guest bury masonic

Shhh..........:yes: Tony,

Can't say to much about the B & B, or everyone will want to stay there....:yes:

First class breakfast and I even get to raid the fridge after the venue....:sweatingbullets:

We had a brilliant weekender in Scarborough, you would have loved the Rare Room mate. Although I was DJ-in in the Main Room, Linda & I kept popping down when we could over the weekend. (Derreck Higham did a great set in there). It was a great way to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary....:yes:

Setheeeee....:hypo: on Saturday

KTF....................................... Bridgey & Linda....:yes: :yes: :yes:

Thanks for that Bridgey,great to be appreciated by a top man like yourself !!!!!

Burscough is one of our favourite venues,always having top djs!!!

We will be def making our way over their tomorrow

See you then! :g:

Dereck & Sheila

Bury Masonic Soul Club

Thanks for that Bridgey,great to be appreciated by a top man like yourself !!!!!

See you then! :sweatingbullets:

Dereck & Sheila

Bury Masonic Soul Club

yep we will be there too:thumbsup:

HA HE,S NO CHANCE JOAN nono.gif NONE :lol: pity you can,t be there mate iv perfected the secret SAS neck lock hold :lol: puts you to sleep in a split second :yes: Tony said i could try it out on you as soon as poss!! hav a great nite joan and give my reguards to that man of yours thumbsup.gif Atb Geoff

:lol:

Have a top night guys and see you soon :ohmy:

Im so looking forward to this, been promising to attend for ages and now I have a new fangled phone with car pointing directions so I 'probably' won't get lost laugh.gif

Going to bring some sales boxes so anyone with a few spare shillings or euros :lol: , there's some bargains to be had! :lol:

see you sat :ohmy:

Nice one Paul, will be great to see you at Burscough. :lol:

Will have to have a root through your bargain boxes, see if there is anything I can afford...............whistling.gif:yes:

looking good for Saturday T so hope to see you for what, perusing the line-up, seems likely to be a gritty mooovers kind of a night . All good mate thumbsup.gif

Gritty mooovers, eh? You can get medicine for that, Mr Trayfull................:lol:

These are the DJ times for Saturday night, tried to mix them up a bit more this time so I hope they are ok for everyone.......

8-----8.30 Tony Brookes

8.30-----9 Carol McCarthy

9-----9.30 Pete Everett

9.30-----10 Geoff Rudd

10-----10.30 Kev Fearnhead

10.30-----11 Carol McCarthy

11-----11.30 Tony Brookes

11.30-----12 Pete Everett

12-----12.30 Kev Fearnhead

12.30-----1 Geoff Rudd

Hope these are alright, see you all tomorrow! :ohmy:

Hey up.

I'm another one pining for a Burscough banquet of soul after missing last months offering. Looking forward to satisfying me cravings this Saturday night though. thumbsup.gif

Don't forget though, it's Autumn and that can only mean one thing.... leaves on the line. So I might have to get me brush and shovel out and clear the way for me 8 o'clock train laugh.gif

Sithi on Saturday :lol:

Come on train..........hmmmmm.............:lol:............. now there's a thought..................................:lol:

See thee tomorrow Martin! :ohmy:

See you then! thumbsup.gif

Dereck & Sheila

Bury Masonic Soul Club

Cheers Dereck & Sheila, glad Scarborough was a top weekend for you!

See you both tomorrow at the Legion. :ohmy:

As it's Friday night( steve mancha/ johnnie taylor), I had better join this thread, while you're all at soul sanctuary, havin' a good time(quotations), having just finished lates, at last( temprees), so Tony and Lisa, as the( gems) say, I'll be there, see you both tomorrow. Soulfully yours, Nigel A.

Hoping to make it

But wil be on my own

Billy no mates yes.gif

Steve

We'll reserve a secluded table in the corner for you and Grant with a tablecloth and candles if you like.............:ohmy:

Just thought----Tony came to Burscough last time on his own, you two had a tiff or summat eh? :D:ohmy:

See you later Steve, be careful driving down them winding country lanes on your own..................:thumbsup::lol:

We'll reserve a secluded table in the corner for you and Grant with a tablecloth and candles if you like.............:ohmy:

Just thought----Tony came to Burscough last time on his own, you two had a tiff or summat eh? :D:ohmy:

See you later Steve, be careful driving down them winding country lanes on your own..................:thumbsup::lol:

:ohmy: we wudnt wanna make tony jealous now mate, c u ltr

We'll reserve a secluded table in the corner for you and Grant with a tablecloth and candles if you like.............:shhh:

Just thought----Tony came to Burscough last time on his own, you two had a tiff or summat eh? :D:lol:

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: laugh.gif Don't put that table anywhere near the corner where we usually sit Tony, I don't want to feel like a Gooseberry all night wink.gif

As it's Friday night( steve mancha/ johnnie taylor), I had better join this thread, while you're all at soul sanctuary, havin' a good time(quotations), having just finished lates, at last( temprees), so Tony and Lisa, as the( gems) say, I'll be there, see you both tomorrow. Soulfully yours, Nigel A.

How very lyrical Nigel! :D

See you later mate. :thumbsup: