Price Please: Benny Spellman - This Is For You My Love

Pete S

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

YOU WERE THE FIRST PERSON I HEARD PLAY THIS PETE, IN BOURNEMOUTH :hatsoff2: I MANAGED TO GET ONE THE NEXT MONTH. WAS MORE THAN THAT PRICE THEN, I'M SURE

Oh yes, what a great night that was, someone dropped out and I did a double set, best I've ever done - but I had some fantastic records round about that time. I definitely sold that copy for £200, but I know it's dropped off since. Great track though.

Social source share

Oh yes, what a great night that was, someone dropped out and I did a double set, best I've ever done - but I had some fantastic records round about that time. I definitely sold that copy for £200, but I know it's dropped off since. Great track though.

that was prob one of the frist copies played over here Pete (yes - a Great nite!!)

Edited by Dave Abbott
Social source share

Any ideas how much I should ask for this at the moment

benny spellman - this is for you my love - alon ex+

My pal Pete Griff only got about 70 quid on ebay for his mint copy recently.

Agree. Fab tune !

Social source share

Blimey someone got a bargain there. But I'm not letting this go for less than 125 quid, was just wondering if it was actually more.

he had trouble selling his copy - pm him

he listed it twice i think

fooking sign of the times

brill record

Social source share

he had trouble selling his copy - pm him

he listed it twice i think

fooking sign of the times

brill record

benny spellman - this is for you my love -

Wish i could afford one,yeh brill........couldnt even afford one for £70.biggrin.gif

Social source share

It's always been funny to me that this was (for a while) a biggish tune. It's totally standard New Orleans...there are dozens of other, better records with the same sound, beat, feel.

The other side, "It's for You," is ten times better, IMO, though I guess it doesn't have the right beat for you guys.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!