Easington Welfare Hall, County Durham

Soulie80

EASINGTON WELFARE HALL

SEASIDE LANE... EASINGTON COLLIERY

COUNTY DURHAM... SR8 3PL ... (OPP THE CO OP STORE)

3 MINS OFF A19 MOTORWAY ON THE B1283

SAT 27TH NOV... 7PM THRO TILL 1AM... ONLY £3.00 O.T.D

LAST EVENT OF 2010

TWO ROOMS OF SOUL

ROOM 1... NORTHERN & 70'S

ROOM 2... MODERN..SOULFUL HOUSE..JAZZ FUNK..LATIN

PLAYING THE SOUNDS.. STEVE DAVIDSON... TREV FLOWERS... CUBO... KEV SOWERBY... KEN BRADBURY...

BOB ARMSTRONG & MORE TO BE ADDED..

MASSIVE PINE SPRUNG DANCE FLOOR...MASSIVE STAGE & RAISED BAR..VERY CHEAP BEER

CHECK OUT THE HALL & MODERN ROOM AT...... https://easingtonsoul.webs.com/

DETAILS... BOB ARMSTRONG.... 07739212646..... soulie81@hotmail.co.uk

JOHNTY DAVIN .... 07748433871

Edited by soulie80
  • Replies 30
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

1st trip over to your Event. Looks like a great venue. Do they play any full on funk in the modern room?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GIVE ME A LIST ON HERE OF THE STUFF YOU LIKE OR MESSAGE ME & I'LL DO MY BEST.. BUT INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO ME ON THE NIGHT & I'LL PLAY SOME JUST FOR YOU.......

REGARDS BOB...

Hi Bob,

Where do I start....?

Anything by George Clinton: Funkadelic, Parliament, Bootsy Collins, Parlet, Brides of Dr Funkenstien, P-Funk All-Stars and off-shoots: Mutiny, quasar, Fred Wesley & The Horny Horns, Maceo Parker.

Anything by:

The Meters

Curtis Mayfield

Betty Davis

Black Heat

Eddie Bo

Graham Central Station

Johnny Otis

Lee Fields

Marva Whitney

Skull Snaps (some great northern tracks too)

Kook & the Gang (early stuff)

Lafayette Afro Rock Band

And of course...James Brown

When it comes to funk I love most stuff from late 60's - late 70's. Sorry about the long list but I couldn't stop myself!

Hi Bob,

Where do I start....?

Anything by George Clinton: Funkadelic, Parliament, Bootsy Collins, Parlet, Brides of Dr Funkenstien, P-Funk All-Stars and off-shoots: Mutiny, quasar, Fred Wesley & The Horny Horns, Maceo Parker.

Anything by:

The Meters

Curtis Mayfield

Betty Davis

Black Heat

Eddie Bo

Graham Central Station

Johnny Otis

Lee Fields

Marva Whitney

Skull Snaps (some great northern tracks too)

Kook & the Gang (early stuf

Lafayette Afro Rock Band

And of course...James Brown

When it comes to funk I love most stuff from late 60's - late 70's. Sorry about the long list but I couldn't stop myself!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MMMM g.gif

I'LL SORT SOME OUT FOR YOU & IM SURE OTHER LADS WILL HAVE SOMETING...wink.gif

BOB

• 2 weeks later...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MMMM g.gif

I'LL SORT SOME OUT FOR YOU & IM SURE OTHER LADS WILL HAVE SOMETING...wink.gif

BOB

Can you sort me some out Bobwhistling.gifwhistling.gif Only a few weeks now folks, don`t miss this one, great night, now with two roomsthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you all have a CRACKING NIGHT NEXT WEEK. See ya`ll in feb, some great guests lined up for next yearthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifhatsoff2.gif

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CHEERS ME OLD PUDDIN'.. HOPE YOU & DI KNOCK THERE SOCKS OFF IN ABERDEEN thumbsup.gifbeer.gif

Are you ok if I bring some records to sell?

No problems matey, theres a seating area up on the level were the bar is, or the lads usually sell just through the door in the main hall, however i find that the light is a bit low there, more light up near the bar, but by all means bring some alongthumbsup.gifhatsoff2.gif

CHECK OUT THE HUGE WOODEN SPRUNG DANCEFLOOR & THE NEW MODERN ROOM + EVENT PICS

HERE

https://easingtonsoul.webs.com/

Edited by SONBERT

Excellent! Really looking forward to checking out your soul club. Heard alot about it. Have u got anymore dates lined up yet to stick in the diary? 

This is the last one for this year, but here are the dates for 2011

FEB 12TH 2011

APRIL 9TH 2011

JUNE 11 2011

AUGUST 13TH 2011

OCTOBER 8TH 2011

DECEMBER 10TH 2011

thumbsup.gifhatsoff2.gif

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NIGHT, QUITE A FEW COMING FROM DARLO SOUNDS LIKE ITS GOING TO BE BUSY!

SEE YOU SATURDAY.

DAZ

GETTING CLOSER.... yes.gif

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT, ONLY 1 PROBLEM,, MY TURN TO DRIVE,,,,,,,, BUMMER.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I KNOW THAT FEELING ASHY... BUT, HEY HO... OFF TO THE, SOUL NIGHT WE GOhatsoff2.gif

ash

looking forward to seeing you and the good lady again sorry we did not get to blackpool looks like it has been a cracking weekender

tell ya the crack next saturday at possibly the best venue in the country

It certainly has one of the best dance floor's I've ever been on Johnty! Bit gutted I'm going to have to miss this one. :rolleyes: Plan was to go to Sheffield to watch Northampton Town put Wednesday out of t' cup then continue on to Easington but a reshuffle of dad resposnsibilites means I have to go straight home. Still, I heard there were 30ft snowdrifts in the NE anyway so probably would have spent the night doing some sliding around of a different kind! Have a great time everyone! :D

It certainly has one of the best dance floor's I've ever been on Johnty! Bit gutted I'm going to have to miss this one. :) Plan was to go to Sheffield to watch Northampton Town put Wednesday out of t' cup then continue on to Easington but a reshuffle of dad resposnsibilites means I have to go straight home. Still, I heard there were 30ft snowdrifts in the NE anyway so probably would have spent the night doing some sliding around of a different kind! Have a great time everyone! :yes:

Sad i know, but we measured the dancefloor last night just to see. 200 SQ MTRS of SPRUNG WOODEN DANCEFLOORohmy.gifohmy.gif now that is big. All major roads are clear and the roads from the motorway is regularly gritted, so no problems getting there. Sorry to hear you can`t make it Maark, have a good weekend & hopefully we`ll see you in 2011 at EASINGTON WELFARE-REGARDS HARRY & DIthumbsup.gifhatsoff2.gif

sorry you cant make tomorrow nights mark harry has posted dates for next years soul nights

we are also hoping to add a couple of extra dates with live soul bands dates and prices to be confirmed

It certainly has one of the best dance floor's I've ever been on Johnty! Bit gutted I'm going to have to miss this one. :) Plan was to go to Sheffield to watch Northampton Town put Wednesday out of t' cup then continue on to Easington but a reshuffle of dad resposnsibilites means I have to go straight home. Still, I heard there were 30ft snowdrifts in the NE anyway so probably would have spent the night doing some sliding around of a different kind! Have a great time everyone! :yes:

EASINGTON WELFARE HALL

SEASIDE LANE... EASINGTON COLLIERY

COUNTY DURHAM... SR8 3PL ... (OPP THE CO OP STORE)

3 MINS OFF A19 MOTORWAY ON THE B1283

SAT 27TH NOV... 7PM THRO TILL 1AM... ONLY £3.00 O.T.D

LAST EVENT OF 2010

TWO ROOMS OF SOUL

ROOM 1... NORTHERN & 70'S

ROOM 2... MODERN..SOULFUL HOUSE..JAZZ FUNK..LATIN

PLAYING THE SOUNDS.. STEVE DAVIDSON... TREV FLOWERS... CUBO... KEV SOWERBY... KEN BRADBURY...

BOB ARMSTRONG & MORE TO BE ADDED..

MASSIVE PINE SPRUNG DANCE FLOOR...MASSIVE STAGE & RAISED BAR..VERY CHEAP BEER

CHECK OUT THE HALL & MODERN ROOM AT...... https://easingtonsoul.webs.com/

DETAILS... BOB ARMSTRONG.... 07739212646..... soulie81@hotmail.co.uk

JOHNTY DAVIN .... 07748433871

=======================================================================================

LOADS OF SNOW HERE BOUT 5-6 inchs , MAIN ROADS PASSABLE, BUT AS THEY SAY ' ''''THE SHOW MUST GO ON''''' SOUND SYSTEMS SET UP IN BOTH ROOMS...thumbsup.gif

ANYBODY STILL, TRAVELLING TO EASINGTON TONIGHT, PLEASE BE CAREFUL...