What Would You Do In This Position?

Pete S

The problem I've got is that I know of a record, which seemingly only two other people have got, and they've both got it covered up. The problem is, I can't find one, despite having the advantage of knowing what it is. Would you tell someone and see if they can find it, or just keep plugging away until you eventually find one? It's a major label release too, but I've been looking for 2 years and still not seen one listed anywhere. I've only told one person (in the States) what it is and I'd appreciate it if he didn't join in the thread :(

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Pete, surely if you say what it is, everyone will try and get it... or am I missing the joke here? :(

No, that's exactly right, what I meant was, should I confide in a couple of people, or just say nothing - you know what this scene is like for Chinese whispers, you tell one person and in a months time, people are asking you the original question

Social source share

No, that's exactly right, what I meant was, should I confide in a couple of people, or just say nothing - you know what this scene is like for Chinese whispers, you tell one person and in a months time, people are asking you the original question

Ah right... then TELL NO-ONE! You've already told one person; I hope they're trustworthy! :(

Social source share

if its that rare it wont really mater ? but its not fair on the 2 Djs who have it covered up to tell anybody

I don't know about that, it took a lot of hard work and research to find out what it actually was.

The funny thing is, it's included in hundreds of discographies on the net.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

In my opinion if you've done all the hard work to find out what it is then you're entitled to find a copy for yourself. I think anyone who covers anything up takes the risk that eventually everyone will find out what it is (or in some cases people might already know it well) that's par for the course.

Social source share

The problem I've got is that I know of a record, which seemingly only two other people have got, and they've both got it covered up. The problem is, I can't find one, despite having the advantage of knowing what it is. Would you tell someone and see if they can find it, or just keep plugging away until you eventually find one? It's a major label release too, but I've been looking for 2 years and still not seen one listed anywhere. I've only told one person (in the States) what it is and I'd appreciate it if he didn't join in the thread :lol:

list it in your next sales thread cheap and see how mnay requests you get for it :thumbsup:

that would sniff out others who might know it......

Social source share

I don't know about that, it took a lot of hard work and research to find out what it actually was.

The funny thing is, it's included in hundreds of discographies on the net.

If you found out the details by your own effortsl; then it is down to you what to do with that info and tell who you want - cover-ups are there to be un-covered at some point.

If you were told by the DJ's or on the QT by others; then keep it under your hat and not tell any one.

IF it were me; I would keep quiet and plod on trying to find one (i would tell you though Pete)

All IMO of course :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

If you're anything like me i get told what cover-ups are... and then instantly forget them :thumbsup: Bloody useless, but great for anyone who can't keep a secret but knows it won't go any further.

Social source share

No, not on UK.

That narrows it down then Pete:D

Its not modern or 70's either:no: does'nt sound like Carstairs or Jack Lemons ...or Geordie Hobson:no:

Am i getting warm ??

Seriously Pete ...don't tell me .....im a bugger for revealing my wants ,especially when lubricated with alcohol :thumbsup:

Be patient ,as im sure it will eventually surface .......they nearly all do:thumbsup:

Social source share

... I've been looking for 2 years and still not seen one listed anywhere. I've only told one person (in the States)

Well, if the two people who have it know their stuff, and you've been digging for two years on the net / UK...plus someone Stateside has been scrapping around, maybe the stock is no longer in the States?

Hmm...maybe they all got vacuumed up and shipped off to a far off land many years ago...oh I don't know somewhere like Japan maybe?! Drop me a PM Pete and I'll have a poke around over here without revealing it to UK based folk!

:yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!