Found In The Basement - New Podcast

Pete S

FOUND IN THE BASEMENT ***** I always loved that title, it makes you think of finding a stash of great records which had just been dumped in some basement and laid undiscovered for 40 years. This compilation is meant to reflect that random box of goodies - some totally unknown tunes, some known but forgotten, and some just plain good 60's records. There's a bit of popcorn, some soul, lots of girls and a handful of rare UK only releases. *****

https://podcastmachine.com/podcasts/4425/episodes/31385

Bella & Me - Whatever Happened To The 7 Day Week /

Helen Shapiro - Tell Me What He Said (Just A Brilliant Pop Record) /

The Pixies Three - Something Beautiful (Previously Unreleased Version Of Margaret Mandolph)) /

Wynder K Frog - I'm A Man (Supposedly Recorded Live At Bridget Bardot's Birthday Party In 1967!) /

Millie Foster - Love Wheel (Storming R & B) /

Oscar - Club Of Lights (Paul Nicholas Under An Early Alias For Reaction Records) /

Julie & The Desires - Kiss And Tell /

Eddie Holman - A Free Country /

Golden Apples Of The Sun - The Monkey Time /

Jan Bradley - Please Mr. Dj /

Clay Fulton - One Hundred Years (Previously Unreleased Popcorn Dancer) /

Yvonne Barrett - Send Her Away (Aussie Version Of Jackie Trent Pye Single)

Peter & The Infinits - She's Laughing At You /

Bluesology - Come Back Baby (Nice Early 45 For Fontana With Elton John On Vocals) /

Dana Gillespie - Pay You Back With Interest (Knocks Spots Of The Hollies Original Version) /

Henrietta & Group - I Love Him (Teen Girl Angst!) /

Hilton James - I Made An Angel Cry (Just Discovered This Alternative Version Of The Bruce Scott Track) /

Peggy March - Losing My Touch (Her Best) /

Joanie Sommers - I'd Be So Good For You /

Leonard Whiting - That's What Mamma Say (Very Creditable Version Of Walter Jackson Considering He Was Only A Kid When He Recorded It) /

Denise Germaine - Little Lost Lover /

Ginny Satin - Hey Lover (Some Northern Potential Here) /

Gale Garnet - You've Been Talking About Me Baby /

Little Anthony & The Imperials - It's Not The Same (Brilliant, As Always) /

Garnet Mimms - A Quiet Place /

Darlene Paul - All Cried Out /

Otis Gayle - I'll Be Around (Not Really In Keeping With The Rest Of The Tracks But Thought You Might Like To Hear This Excellent Soulful Reggae Version Of The Spinners Classic)

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

FOUND IN THE BASEMENT ***** I always loved that title, it makes you think of finding a stash of great records which had just been dumped in some basement and laid undiscovered for 40 years. This compilation is meant to reflect that random box of goodies - some totally unknown tunes, some known but forgotten, and some just plain good 60's records. There's a bit of popcorn, some soul, lots of girls and a handful of rare UK only releases. *****

https://podcastmachin.../episodes/31385

Bella & Me - Whatever Happened To The 7 Day Week /

Helen Shapiro - Tell Me What He Said (Just A Brilliant Pop Record) /

The Pixies Three - Something Beautiful (Previously Unreleased Version Of Margaret Mandolph)) /

Wynder K Frog - I'm A Man (Supposedly Recorded Live At Bridget Bardot's Birthday Party In 1967!) /

Millie Foster - Love Wheel (Storming R & B) /

Oscar - Club Of Lights (Paul Nicholas Under An Early Alias For Reaction Records) /

Julie & The Desires - Kiss And Tell /

Eddie Holman - A Free Country /

Golden Apples Of The Sun - The Monkey Time /

Jan Bradley - Please Mr. Dj /

Clay Fulton - One Hundred Years (Previously Unreleased Popcorn Dancer) /

Yvonne Barrett - Send Her Away (Aussie Version Of Jackie Trent Pye Single)

Peter & The Infinits - She's Laughing At You /

Bluesology - Come Back Baby (Nice Early 45 For Fontana With Elton John On Vocals) /

Dana Gillespie - Pay You Back With Interest (Knocks Spots Of The Hollies Original Version) /

Henrietta & Group - I Love Him (Teen Girl Angst!) /

Hilton James - I Made An Angel Cry (Just Discovered This Alternative Version Of The Bruce Scott Track) /

Peggy March - Losing My Touch (Her Best) /

Joanie Sommers - I'd Be So Good For You /

Leonard Whiting - That's What Mamma Say (Very Creditable Version Of Walter Jackson Considering He Was Only A Kid When He Recorded It) /

Denise Germaine - Little Lost Lover /

Ginny Satin - Hey Lover (Some Northern Potential Here) /

Gale Garnet - You've Been Talking About Me Baby /

Little Anthony & The Imperials - It's Not The Same (Brilliant, As Always) /

Garnet Mimms - A Quiet Place /

Darlene Paul - All Cried Out /

Otis Gayle - I'll Be Around (Not Really In Keeping With The Rest Of The Tracks But Thought You Might Like To Hear This Excellent Soulful Reggae Version Of The Spinners Classic)

Top stuff as always, Pete.

Social source share

just listened to this pod, and that Bluesology track,(among others) took my ear, Elton john on vocals, thought i,d check ebay and theres a couple, one at £175 and another starting at 65 pretty rare then, but the quality shines thru, :thumbsup:

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!