Forest Town Welfare

Dendog

Just over a year ago your Good Friend Coops wrote and I wondered why. Why would a promoter of events walk go to the Management Committee of a Hall that is the venue of a 'rival' event and inform the Committee that the 'rival' promoter is standing down and that He (the person in question) would like to take over the booking of the Hall for the following year? In itself, fair enough except the 'rival' promoter had NO intention of stepping down and this person had walked into this meeting and told a blatent lie with the intent to destroy an event and then take it over himself!

My question is, what would make a person do this?

There isn't enough money in promoting Northern venues to make a living, even the likes of KR have other strings to their bows. I just can't understand how a person would think he or she could get away with this but more important WHY would he or she even try. Is promoting a venue such an addictive action, does it bring material wealth, respect, hordes of nubile young ladies thrashing about in admiration just for one's attention, I think not. Please tell me, WTF is this all about. I won't name this person, I will say it's in the Mansfield area where there seems to be more promoters than punters and I'll even say Forest town is a close proximity. Some may guess correctly who he is, others may guess wrongly but either way, it will still be but a guess.

So from what was published above by Coop over a year ago was a total lie and it was to belittle my good name and to instigate what is happening now.

Being stabbed in the back many times by these so called (soulies) promoters, then say that they would do with all there powers finish me as a promoter Then they say some one from the Forest Town Welfare approached them to do a soul night total gob sh*t. I have got the true version of the matter from the directors. They went to the welfare and asked if they could book the main room for a soul night.

I'm only thinking it's because Kingsway Hall would have landed on the last Sat of the month

Yes Christmas day 25th

So from what happened a year ago which was a total lie comes this.

THE SAME FRIENDLY HONEST BASIS

So Mr P**** and The Soul God you can do no more, you keep happy with your soul family, I have gained lots of friends on the scene and only they know how hard I've tried, and would like to take this opportunity to thank them all for there support.

I will not be promoting any more local Northern Soul Venues.

Edited by Dendog
  • Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

My God Dennis, this must have been gnawing at your (guilty?) conscience for a year!

not mine

my conscience is so very clear

also, when I err, fook up or intentionally upset people i'm prepared to stand up and say... "Yep, that's what i did/said/wrote and if the cap fits then you (who question me) should have the balls to wear it"

as i say, a year gnawing away at you, that must be a very, very hard cross to bare and for that (NOT the original statement) you have my sympathy (but not empathy)

• Helpful 1

Decenber 4th 2010

what names would you like and what truth your or coops ??

enough said its over you have done what you wanted

and for that i thank you

what's your problem Dennis?

are you not getting enough attention out of this 'northern soul' scene?

do you think if you attempt to blacken other's reputations yours may not be perceived as 'bad' as some may think it is?

or have you just got so much malice in your heart that you have to try and pull others down for the fun of it?

quite frankly my dear, i don't give a damn.

so you're leaving the scene, many people do but not all make a song and dance of it, or is it something a lot deeper?

what ever you do in the future i wish you well, in fact i have never wished you harm and thankfully you don't know me well enough to either hurt me or make any impression on my life one way or another but, if you get some sort of 'buzz' out of the above dribble then i'm pleased i seem to have offered you the opportunity to brighten your life up in what obviously seems a dark time for you.

Guest smudgesmith

Bloody hell some shite here eh.On a more positive note,i see your selling your tunes Dennis can you post a list?

PS can you indicate on the list if they are original or not

Ta

Just over a year ago your Good Friend Coops wrote and I wondered why. Why would a promoter of events walk go to the Management Committee of a Hall that is the venue of a 'rival' event and inform the Committee that the 'rival' promoter is standing down and that He (the person in question) would like to take over the booking of the Hall for the following year? In itself, fair enough except the 'rival' promoter had NO intention of stepping down and this person had walked into this meeting and told a blatent lie with the intent to destroy an event and then take it over himself!

My question is, what would make a person do this?

There isn't enough money in promoting Northern venues to make a living, even the likes of KR have other strings to their bows. I just can't understand how a person would think he or she could get away with this but more important WHY would he or she even try. Is promoting a venue such an addictive action, does it bring material wealth, respect, hordes of nubile young ladies thrashing about in admiration just for one's attention, I think not. Please tell me, WTF is this all about. I won't name this person, I will say it's in the Mansfield area where there seems to be more promoters than punters and I'll even say Forest town is a close proximity. Some may guess correctly who he is, others may guess wrongly but either way, it will still be but a guess.

So from what was published above by Coop over a year ago was a total lie and it was to belittle my good name and to instigate what is happening now.

Being stabbed in the back many times by these so called (soulies) promoters, then say that they would do with all there powers finish me as a promoter Then they say some one from the Forest Town Welfare approached them to do a soul night total gob sh*t. I have got the true version of the matter from the directors. They went to the welfare and asked if they could book the main room for a soul night.

I'm only thinking it's because Kingsway Hall would have landed on the last Sat of the month

Yes Christmas day 25th

So from what happened a year ago which was a total lie comes this.

THE SAME FRIENDLY HONEST BASIS

So Mr P**** and The Soul God you can do no more, you keep happy with your soul family, I have gained lots of friends on the scene and only they know how hard I've tried, and would like to take this opportunity to thank them all for there support.

I will not be promoting any more local Northern Soul Venues.

I remember the original "Coopgate" so time back,now we have "Coopgate 2".

Firstly i'm replying to this re: 'more promoters than punters',as an ex promoter in the area.(Albeit small scale.The Attic,Dendog.You remember us?).That comment tars all Mansfield promoters,and links them to this shit.

Please post up who is responsible.If you can't do that,post up that the ex-promoters of the Attic have nothing to do with the closure of FTW.No more having a guess.

If there's nothing in promoting NS venues,why not let the "rival" promoter have his dates at FTW.?.I find that concrete boots go down well as a gift.He could have had 100% of nothing.

Also,you could have thanked the punters who supported you,the dj's and the barstaff of the FTW in your closure post.

Lastly.No wonder this area is seen as a joke up and down the country.

Edited by KevH

Sad but very very true Kev , with exception of one small corner that now is no longer serving the needs of the few .

Sorry to hear that you are packing up Dennis . Good luck in the future.

Edited by MAK
Guest biggray1

It is so sad too read the above,we can only hope that the problems posted can be resolved,after all its about the music..SOUL music,music with feeling.Good Luck Dennis i hope everything works out for you mate. Grahamthumbsup.gif

cunnie the mod of event forums is away at moment

from the guidelines for these event forums

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=rules&f=3

1. Threads - Threads are for talking about the individual event only - if wish to discuss more general topics be it promoters, clashes, other events, areas etc then ask that members please start a new thread in the relevant forums

can i ask that call it a day on this discussion or if need be start a new thread in aats

thanks

mike

I remember the original "Coopgate" so time back,now we have "Coopgate 2".

Firstly i'm replying to this re: 'more promoters than punters',as an ex promoter in the area.(Albeit small scale.The Attic,Dendog.You remember us?).That comment tars all Mansfield promoters,and links them to this shit.

Please post up who is responsible.If you can't do that,post up that the ex-promoters of the Attic have nothing to do with the closure of FTW.No more having a guess.

If there's nothing in promoting NS venues,why not let the "rival" promoter have his dates at FTW.?.I find that concrete boots go down well as a gift.He could have had 100% of nothing.

Also,you could have thanked the punters who supported you,the dj's and the barstaff of the FTW in your closure post.

No mate the promoters of the attic are not involve and thanks for your comments but if you look on the event 4th of December 2010 you will understand

Dennis