Dan

Value Pls: Hytones - You Don't Even Know My Name - Southern Artists

What would a decent copy of The Hytones - You Don't Even Know My Name - Southern Artists fetch these days ladies and gentlemen?

Ta

Is there a difference in the running time between the two different label releases? I have a version with 'dooh-dooh-dooh' vocalising at the end which is missing on the version on the Kent CD

Is there a difference in the running time between the two different label releases? I have a version with 'dooh-dooh-dooh' vocalising at the end which is missing on the version on the Kent CD

I don't think so Tony. I've had both over time and I think they're just taken from the same tape. That said the Bell copy I had was before I had a CD recorder and I stupidly junked all my old tapes when CD recorders came out.

Thanks Gasher :yes:

As I recall, the Southern Artists and Bell recordings are indeed the same.

The recording used by Kent are from different takes...I think there is also an original Bell acetate of one of those alternate stripped-down takes?

:thumbsup:

They are the same take but one does last longer than the other ... I'm 99% sure it's the Southern Artist release that has a 1 second, or so, longer fade than the Bell release

Andy

Can anyone please confirm that they are the same Hytones as in "Bigger and better" and "good news" ? Was told they are but I somehow can't believe that. All three tracks sound so different to each other.

Can anyone please confirm that they are the same Hytones as in "Bigger and better" and "good news" ? Was told they are but I somehow can't believe that. All three tracks sound so different to each other.

Same group, think it was Dan who did the article for Shades of Soul (?), check it out, not sure if it is on here?

They are the same outfit, yes. I think there's a good chance Robert Lee Holmes' widow is sitting on quite a goldmine of unreleased material, too (unless Adey C has got to her now).

She was not a big supporter of her late husband's work, and wants no part of it, and wouldn't really talk to me. But five years on, if you live near Nashville and you have a spare afternoon...

Dan/Chalky:

Thanks for confirming that. Will see if I can find the Shades article. Thing is all the mags are stored away in the cellar.

issue 32 Benji....I think. I know where my copies are, I'll scan it when I home and got 5 minutes.

issue 32 Benji....I think. I know where my copies are, I'll scan it when I home and got 5 minutes.

Any chance you could PM me a scan Chalky? I've lost my copy and the thing I wrote is on an old PC? :thumbsup:

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

• 1 posts
    • 181 reads
    • Kieron Taz Robathan
    • 14 May 2018
    • 3 posts
    • 352 reads
    • Dean
    • 18 Mar 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 238 reads
    • Patto
    • 16 Mar 2018
    • 16 posts
    • 837 reads
    • ljblanken
    • 02 Mar 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 365 reads
    • scooterboy
    • 18 Feb 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 220 reads
    • Windlesoul
    • 13 Feb 2018
    • 2 posts
    • 292 reads
    • Kieron Taz Robathan
    • 30 Jan 2018

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.