Value Pls: Hytones - You Don't Even Know My Name - Southern Artists

Guest Dan

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Is there a difference in the running time between the two different label releases? I have a version with 'dooh-dooh-dooh' vocalising at the end which is missing on the version on the Kent CD

I don't think so Tony. I've had both over time and I think they're just taken from the same tape. That said the Bell copy I had was before I had a CD recorder and I stupidly junked all my old tapes when CD recorders came out.

Thanks Gasher :yes:

Social source share

Can anyone please confirm that they are the same Hytones as in "Bigger and better" and "good news" ? Was told they are but I somehow can't believe that. All three tracks sound so different to each other.

Same group, think it was Dan who did the article for Shades of Soul (?), check it out, not sure if it is on here?

Social source share

Can anyone please confirm that they are the same Hytones as in "Bigger and better" and "good news" ? Was told they are but I somehow can't believe that. All three tracks sound so different to each other.

They are the same outfit, yes. I think there's a good chance Robert Lee Holmes' widow is sitting on quite a goldmine of unreleased material, too (unless Adey C has got to her now).

She was not a big supporter of her late husband's work, and wants no part of it, and wouldn't really talk to me. But five years on, if you live near Nashville and you have a spare afternoon...

Social source share

issue 32 Benji....I think. I know where my copies are, I'll scan it when I home and got 5 minutes.

Any chance you could PM me a scan Chalky? I've lost my copy and the thing I wrote is on an old PC? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!