What Cd Is Tammi Terrell All I Do Is Think About You ?

bro

• Replies 10
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

evening people

what cd is this on ?....and did brenda holloway do it also or am i dreaming ?

The Brenda Holloway version is THE definitive 60's version of this song........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R749k3fgr1g

But Stevie's later version is OK too....

However, the Four Tops version has it's merits also.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlVpM5Jt2Gc

But the Randy Crawford version is the ultimate killer for me........

But not on You Tube......

Ian D :yes:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

What - the Tammi Terrell version doesn't even rank ???

Yeah, for sure it ranks big time - probably around 5th for me, after the four I just mentioned. Out of the 60's cuts, Brenda does it for me. In fact I have a different mix from the You Tube clip which is much better.

Brenda's version is the best for me from the 60's, but overall Randy Crawford's version is the ultimate killer for me.

Ian D :yes:

Social source share

for me tammi terrell is the best by far, remember hearing it for the 1st time on richard searling show before smooth and jazz fm..? and it just got me, stopped me in my tracks, wow , bam ...loved it ever since, gonna have to check out the randy crawford version though and have a listen...phil

Social source share

Tammi Terrell's is the best for me because her voice captures the raw emotion of the song.

Brenda Holloway's version is a very close second but I feel her take is a little too sophisticated (I would have said it was superb if i hadn't heard TT's).

I've only heard a snippet of Randy Crawford's on iTunes but I feel, though I am a fan of her voice, the modern production doesn't do the song justice.

Ditto the Four Tops - Levi's voice is, as always, superb but the strange electronic squeaks and pops do nothing for the song.

Finally, Stevie Wonder's version. Although he co-wrote the song, I've never been a fan of his and would go as far as to say he is a poor singer but a pretty good songwriter.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!