Westfield & District Cricket & Sports Club

Greenmeads

Westfield

Woking

Surrey

GU22 9QJ

(Between Guildford & Woking, Surrey)

7:30 PM - 01:15 AM

£5 OTD or 'Tickets In Advance' (all proceeds for 'Help For Heroes')

DJ Hosts: (8 x DJs)

07:30 - 09:00 = Mark 'Binsy' Taylor & Marcus Bell

09:00 - 10:30 = Mark Houghton & Neil Forbes

10:30 - 12:00 = Shaun Robbins & Zane Hunter

12:00 - 12:45 = Kenny Mac

12:45 - 01:15 = Brian Goucher

"The Soul of London ensemble"

*True Soul*

*Filthy Soul*

*Treacle Soul*

*Majestic Soul*

*Monumental Soul*

*Soul Essence*

for *Real Soul*

The music policy for the evening will be just 'real' Soul ...

All tempo's will definitely be catered for ...

ballads, mid-tempo madness & dancers ...

Lamont Dozier to Carla Thomas

Curtis Mayfield to George Jackson

Jerry Butler to Shirley Brown

David Ruffin to Betty Wright

The emphasis being on "quality" Soul ...

Come & join us for an evening of wonderful Soulful sounds all for such a worthy cause ... !

• Replies 33
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest soultempo

"The Soul of London ensemble"

*True Soul*

*Filthy Soul*

*Treacle Soul*

*Majestic Soul*

*Monumental Soul*

*Soul Essence*

for *Real Soul*

s326oj.jpg ... !

29njfwm.jpg ... !

1zd4qk8.jpg ... !

27xhyxg.jpg ... !

dhbv7.jpg ... !

*Real Soul* Charity Night ... !

Guest soultempo

Our very special guest for the Charity night is Edinburgh's 'Zane Hunter'

Zane is very kindly supporting the night, travelling down from Scotland, bringing his sublime Soulful tunes ...

*Soul Of Scotland*

v8muqd.jpg ... Zane Hunter ... !

Guest soultempo

If any of the links aren't working above, please find all the information on the following ems thread (link below) ...

Hope this helps ... best, Shaun.

Guest soultempo

Thanks Neil ... very, very appreciated ... :O) ... i think your links work better than mine, lol ... the Holiday Inn's really nice in Woking, if u decide to stay over ...

Guest soultempo

It's the 1:15 am finish ...

we were offered the extension after the flyer was printed ... which we kindly accepted ... hope this helps ... best, Shaun.

Guest soultempo

not long now ...

Just 2 say, it's a real team effort 4 Charity! Jocks from all the various London Nights inc Soul Essence will b represented in the line-up. Should b wonderful Soul Music, all tempos, all night long. Join us, if u can.

best, Shaun.

For more information go to:

Guest soultempo

Soul Essence, Monumental Soul, Treacle Soul, Majestic Soul, Filthy Soul, True Soul, & the Sound Of Underground London (S.O.U.L) are all represented here for an evening of *Real Soul* music, especially for Charity. Zane brings the 'Soul Of Scotland' flavours to the evening too. let's hope we can raise as much as we poss' can. Music policy for the djs for the evening will simply be to play whatever tempo's you like as long as it's devastating, fist clenching Soul Music, that's it!

best, Shaun ... :thumbup:

Guest Marcus B

binsy, on 18 Oct 2010 - 12:13 PM, said:

Really looking forward to doing this night. Should be some top drawer tunes played throughout the night, from all different strands of the soul scene:thumbsup:

I can't wait for saturday to begin.! This is for such a Top worthwhile charity that is close to my heart.

Looking 4ward to playing another set alongside my ole Mate Mark 'Binsy' Taylor.

Reminds me, Best check my shirt collection again to ensure we don't clash ! hehe 'sirry idiot'.

Marcus

Edited by Marcus B

binsy, on 18 Oct 2010 - 12:13 PM, said:

Really looking forward to doing this night. Should be some top drawer tunes played throughout the night, from all different strands of the soul scene:thumbsup:

I can't wait for saturday to begin.! This is for such a Top worthwhile charity that is close to my heart.

Looking 4ward to playing another set alongside my ole Mate Mark 'Binsy' Taylor.

Reminds me, Best check my shirt collection again to ensure we don't clash ! hehe 'sirry idiot'.

Marcus

Check shirts, obscure Benny Hill characters, what can it all mean? Well i'm really looking forward to the night, should be some top tunes played and be great to catch up with Marcus and everyone else:yes:

Guest soultempo

Just a few days to go for almost 6 hours of *Real Soul* Saturday evening, nr. Woking/Guildford Surrey ... join us, if u can, should be great fun. all for charity! :thumbsup: ... !

We're really looking forward to this event - especially since it's for such a wonderful charity.

Flights and accomodation have been booked, records have been sourced - in fact, pretty much everything is in order.

And, I get to guest with Kenny Mac on Solar Radio's Soul People on the morning after - excellent!

Look forward to meeting lots of people

All the best,

Zane

Really looking forward to this .

Just from those i know are coming down there`s going to be a strong London continguent present.

It should be fun double decking with Neil, and as yet neither of us have a clue what we are going to playing this Saturday (nothing new there !!!)

Mark H

Guest Marcus B

Hotel Booked at the Half Wit.....Sorry Half Moon Inn.

Just need to narrow down the bucket load of choones down to a reasonable size now. !!!

Marcus

Guest Marcus B

Thought My choones were sorted until I've had a few second thoughts ...O dear back to the shelves again.

Sam not coming now so just the three in my car from Treacle along with T/Soul banner.

Marcus

Guest soultempo

Treacle, Filthy, Majestic, Monumental, True Soul ... if poss' could the London crews bring their banners please ...

Lyceum, the Strand revival ... lol ... :D ... !

Should be great fun ... let's hope we can raise some money for Charity ... :thumbsup: ... !

Edited by soultempo
Guest Marcus B

Will be collecting Treacle Soul banner on Friday Shaun.

I've Got a handfull of H4H Car stickers left over too that I can sell on the night.

Are you alright for collection tins and what not.?

Cheers,

Marcus

Guest Marcus B

Lets have a large spin in honour of our fallen heroes........

Banner ready to be loafted.........

BakerSoul

(taken from redundant event advertisment).

Guest soultempo

Will be collecting Treacle Soul banner on Friday Shaun.

I've Got a handfull of H4H Car stickers left over too that I can sell on the night.

Are you alright for collection tins and what not.?

Cheers,

Marcus

marcus, the collection buckets and H4H banners should arrive tomorrow (friday) but just in case please bring all u got ... v. appreciated ... :huh:

Guest soultempo

i think we're there, or there abouts ...

it's brill' to be able to bring the Soulful London Clans together, under one roof, for Charity ...

if you are able to support the event and come along it should be great fun ...

we will keep to the *Real Soul* music format 'all the way' ... join us, if u can ...

395106.gif395106.gif395106.gif

Guest Marcus B

marcus, the collection buckets and H4H banners should arrive tomorrow (friday) but just in case please bring all u got ... v. appreciated ... thumbsup.gif

I'll bring what we have spare as have collection tins throughout the year in Pub. Also Banner.

Collecting Blowy and Shaun from Pub teatime after footie results in.

Cheers,

Marcus

Guest soultempo

It's tonite ... :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: ... !

If any soul-sourcers are able to support this evening will b brill' to c u ... :thumbsup::D:lol: ... !

6 hours of *Real Soul* music, all the way ... mid-pacers, ballads, dancers ... just fist clenching ... devastating Soul music !!!!!!!!!!

all for Charity ... just great fun ... !

Guest Marcus B

Looking foward to tonight....here's what it's all about.

Help For Heroes is the charity that does exactly what it says on the tin.

Help for Heroes strives towards 100% effectiveness - so that

... for every £1 donated, £1 will go directly to helping wounded Servicemen

and women. So, we do exactly what we say on the tin - your donations go

directly to supporting the wounded boys and girls.

OK folks, as promised, here are links to download the majority of the sets from the Real Soul gig on Saturday.

I say "the majority", as there appears to be an issue with the recording of Kenny Mac's set, which I'm working to resolve.

Anyway, here you are:

Marcus Bell & Mark 'Binsy' Taylor

Surrey Soul Junction Oct 2010 - Marcus Bell _ Mark Binsy Taylor.mp3 - 161.32MB

zx1ix1.jpg

Mark Houghton & Neil Forbes

Surrey Soul Junction Oct 2010 - Mark Houghton _ Neil Forbes.mp3 - 199.43MB

mlo782.jpg

Shaun Robbins & Zane Hunter

Surrey Soul Junction Oct 2010 - Shaun Robbins _ Zane Hunter.mp3 - 169.07MB

i5afd0.jpg

Wayne Arbon

Surrey Soul Junction Oct 2010 - Wayne Arbon.mp3 - 89.26MB

2ailoc6.jpg

The sets were recorded using an old minidisc player, which I forgot I had. The sound quality should be reasonably good but there were a few parts where a spot of 'patching' was required, due to the discs only being 80 minutes long (nothing like the multi-terrabyte exHD devices you can get now!).

In each case I've used the Z-Share site, which offers the ability to either stream/play or download for the future. You can let me know if there are any problems and I'll try to help.

Hope you enjoy - we had a blast on the night and, yes, there was rum!

All the best,

Zane & Fiona