Not Hi-Jacking Pete's "how Much"

Back in the 7Ts I used to recieve regularly Simon's lists....and boy they were mouthwatering as well as inducing cold sweat under the arm pits wondering "dare I or dare'nt I ?"...:yes:

if anyone has them old lists still could they put up some scans ?

with stuff like Gary US Bonds "just ask me" Le Grand...:lol:

some of the handwritten letters he sent me were unreal,invoking the language of "floorshakers to blow your mind","top secrets","most wanted-Levine has'nt got this",etc etc,and Simon's handwriting was quite dramatic,guess I must have upset him asking him about the authenticity of certain items :D

well,Simon did the "Kenny Gamble",and Les McCluchen came back with Simons stunning collection,kinda refuting some of the doubters,anyone on ssource look through that stash before Les sold it all ? Ian Clark maybe ?

lily Bryant @ £8,Bobby James @ £5,and tonnes of obscure £1 - £3 pound items......I remember many discs still in those grey/green old sleeves STAPLED....that was truly jawdropping....and awsome

sorry Pete if that upsets you ! Simon was a very charesmatic person and I think his record(s)collections to have been every good as Lavinios...if not better....

Rob.

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Back in the 7Ts I used to recieve regularly Simon's lists....and boy they were mouthwatering as well as inducing cold sweat under the arm pits wondering "dare I or dare'nt I ?"...:yes:

if anyone has them old lists still could they put up some scans ?

with stuff like Gary US Bonds "just ask me" Le Grand...:lol:

some of the handwritten letters he sent me were unreal,invoking the language of "floorshakers to blow your mind","top secrets","most wanted-Levine has'nt got this",etc etc,and Simon's handwriting was quite dramatic,guess I must have upset him asking him about the authenticity of certain items :D

well,Simon did the "Kenny Gamble",and Les McCluchen came back with Simons stunning collection,kinda refuting some of the doubters,anyone on ssource look through that stash before Les sold it all ? Ian Clark maybe ?

lily Bryant @ £8,Bobby James @ £5,and tonnes of obscure £1 - £3 pound items......I remember many discs still in those grey/green old sleeves STAPLED....that was truly jawdropping....and awsome

sorry Pete if that upsets you ! Simon was a very charesmatic person and I think his record(s)collections to have been every good as Lavinios...if not better....

Rob.

Why would it upset me, I know he had fantastic records - it's just that some of his tailor made records such as the one I highlighted weren't very good!

Social source share

Why would it upset me, I know he had fantastic records - it's just that some of his tailor made records such as the one I highlighted weren't very good!

I could'nt get the smileys working so I had to use an exclamation mark,Pete :D......

meant as humour as in :thumbsup:

Rob.

and I always thought the checker board squares was gr8,so I liked "baby you're the fire" too :lol:

anyway stop arguing Pete and post up them list scans please :yes:

Social source share

Looked through them...kind of...when they were first brought out...twas a Yate nighter...no one was allowed to look through the trolley load wheeled in...you had to ask for the paper list and then buy from that...they would then go through the stock and pull them out in front of you! There were a handful of follow-up lists over the coming months which included some incredible stuff, mostly dirt cheap, even for those days. I bought a few.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!