Move On Fri 15Th Oct

I'm not suprised no one has started a look back because the way everyone was partying, I bet you're all still in bed...:D

I had a good feeling the place was gunna be busy last nite and I'm sure Matt and Adam were well pleased with the turn out...:thumbsup:

Always nice to see new faces and as ever, the very long travelled punters.

As usual, I forgot my flyers but Dave Abbott and I started a new design business and will be taking orders...yes.gif

we come with our own crayons...:D

Luckily Nick turned up with the real thing (and the flyers) later as we got bored after we'd done about 10...:thumbsup:

Thanks lads, another great nite at Move On...:lol:

and the words to Eddie Holman - Eddie's my name does fit into - George Blackwell - Can't lose my head...try it...wink.gif

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

Thanks Sian. Bloody fantastic night, one of the best Move Ons ever. Uptempo soul, funk and RnB all night with all the DJs on top form and proving once again that this soul night is something special. Lots of dancers as well and even after the lights went up at 1am. With 50+ people in attendance the room was very busy and hopefully we can start to maintain these numbers.

Thanks to everyone who attended you made it a great night. :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone who came along on Friday and made it such a brilliant night :thumbup:. Thought all the DJs played superb sets and special thanks to our guests Dave Abbott and Ezzie Brown...top quality guys, from a personal point I throughly enjoyed sharing the decks with Shorny for our hour of double decking.

Couldn't have asked for anything more on Friday, great music, great crowd, lots of dancers and a real buzz throughout the night. Went home with huge grin on my face! Let's see if we can do it all again next month on Friday 19th Nov :thumbup:

Guest Matt Male

I heard good feedback about Dave's set from a friend at bidds last night :thumbup:

Hey you're due another visit Karen. You would have absolutely loved all the funky stuff getting played, from Pat and Shorny and Adam as well as Dave.

In fact everyone's set was brilliant. It was a great night and the sort of night to keep this scene alive. :thumbup:

Here are all the future dates, to stick in your diaries everyone. :thumbup:

All Fridays:

September 17th

October 15th

November 19th

December 17th - Move On Christmas Party!

21st January

18th February

18th March

22nd April

20th May

17th June

15th July

19th August

16th September

21st October

18th November

16th December

What a cracking night, good friendly crowd in to hear brilliant set's by all the dj's, loads of tunes I didn't know. Had lot's of great crac and laughs with fellow appreciative soulies.

Adam/Matt you've got a great little club there, well done.

Willie

Edited by Soulgrit

If Carlsberg made soul nites - I bet they wouldn't be as good as Friday's Move On!

It was the best soul nite I have attended for a long, long time - I am still smilling thinking about it. Luckily we only missed about 5 minutes of Pat's spot because it was a blinder (I was dancing within 5 minutes of getting there, which is not like me!) and set the tone for the nite - the music was top notch all the way through to the end. The people were up for it, the sound system was spot on and a real pleasure to DJ with, and it was a brilliant laugh.

Thanks to Adam, Matt and Pat i think, musically, this has to be one of the best, that coupled with a nice venue and up-for-it crowd results in a great nite and if i wasn't so far away i would attend every time.

Thanks to Linda,Sian and Phil for the brilliant laughs, lifts and hospitality.

Oh - did I mention how much I enjoyed Move On last Friday??...................biggrin.gif:hatsoff2::no:

Bit, late putting a reply up, I know. Have had pc problems all week! But I felt I had to put one on, as absolute cracker of a night Friday at 'Move On'. One of the best nights I've been to in a long time. It had the lot! Really enjoyed it.

See you at the next one lads. As always.

Charlie Mc

Guest Matt Male

Bit, late putting a reply up, I know. Have had pc problems all week! But I felt I had to put one on, as absolute cracker of a night Friday at 'Move On'. One of the best nights I've been to in a long time. It had the lot! Really enjoyed it.

See you at the next one lads. As always.

Charlie Mc

Cheers Charlie, Dave and everyone else.

This feels like asking someone to sell you their children, given the originality and exclusivity of some of the sounds played, but I don't suppose there's any chance of some playlists? :thumbsup:

Cheers Charlie, Dave and everyone else.

This feels like asking someone to sell you their children, given the originality and exclusivity of some of the sounds played, but I don't suppose there's any chance of some playlists? :lol:

Well.....you could always start the ball rolling with yours wicked.gif

Will get the playbox out later and try and remember what I played, as I'll happily post them up :thumbsup:.

Guest Matt Male

Well.....you could always start the ball rolling with yours wicked.gif

Will get the playbox out later and try and remember what I played, as I'll happily post them up :thumbsup:.

I already know what i played... :lol:

but I don't, which maybe stating the bleedin' obvious, playlists pleasesmile.gifsmile.gif

Which is exactly what I meant thumbsup.gif

My playlist during an hour gouble decking with Sean from 9-10pm, probably missed one or two and not in order:

Commodores - Don't You Be Worried

Salem Travelers - Tell It Like It Is

Tommie Young - That's All A Part Of Loving Him

Beverly Crosby - That Didn't Stop Me

Buari - Karam Bani

Jimmy Moore - Church St Sally (requested for Jo)

Windjammers - Poor Sad Child

Tony Clarke - Ghetto Man

Gladys Knight - I've Got To Use My Imagination

Net Wt. 14 Karat Black - Ain't Nothin But A Habit