Derby Engineers Club

First time for me to this venue, and i had a great time , good sized venue with a wooden dance floor, ran by kev & mark ,

A good mix of quality tunes all night , Good spot from guest dj Rob Smith.:thumbsup: ,

Nice friendly atmosphere , good beer ( and you can use talc::lol: ) , think this venue will grow and grow with time , well done to all involved:hatsoff2: .

See you next month

Edited by okeh4me
  • Replies 3
  • Views 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Nipped down the other end of Brian Clough way to the Derby Engineers Soul Club last night easy to find and off street parking to the rear of the club, Well you dont find many traditional venue's like this nowdays but has plenty of floor space and seating good sized bar and friendly staff, the tunes were good for me Classic Northern Soul & Motown and great to meet up with some old contacts from other venues, Rob Smith was at his best great back to back tribute to Solomon Burke & General Johnson, i would reccomend a visit to this spot in Derby an up and coming venue with a friendly crowd,

Good luck for the future Mark

Regards Mall Co promoter FEDERATION AND CENTRAL UNION SOUL CLLUBS NOTTINGHAM.......:thumbsup:

Nipped down the other end of Brian Clough way to the Derby Engineers Soul Club last night easy to find and off street parking to the rear of the club, Well you dont find many traditional venue's like this nowdays but has plenty of floor space and seating good sized bar and friendly staff, the tunes were good for me Classic Northern Soul & Motown and great to meet up with some old contacts from other venues, Rob Smith was at his best great back to back tribute to Solomon Burke & General Johnson, i would reccomend a visit to this spot in Derby an up and coming venue with a friendly crowd,

Good luck for the future Mark

Regards Mall Co promoter FEDERATION AND CENTRAL UNION SOUL CLUBS NOTTINGHAM.......:thumbup:

Mall

Just bl##dy typical, flipped a coin between Derby Engineers and somewhere else..... Looks like we tried the wrong venue! :thumbup:

Should have gone to Derby Engineers :thumbup:

D & L

Well we had thought about cancelling the night due to Prestatyn and Scarborough weekenders being on but it turned out better than ok. Even though around 30 of our regulars were away we had a busy night and lots of dancefloor action. Music as is our policy was a mix of Classic Northern, Motown, Rareties, 70s Dancers and R&B which always seems to go down well.

Rob Smith as usual played a solid set that went down well.

Thanks to everyone who came and supported us. Next months Guest DJ's are Ian Gee and Carl Piper always a popular pair.

Mark