Rarest Us Issues

Wiganer1

one of my best ones is Bobby Paris I walked away on Capitol Issue....one of my best ebay buys....£100......hardly ever seen another

holly st james - thats not love on issue only seen once....

jay d martin - by yourslelf - tower (never ever seen one)

august and deneen - we go together (never seen one)

anyone anymore????

Social source share

• Replies 52
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest gordon russell

one of my best ones is Bobby Paris I walked away on Capitol Issue....one of my best ebay buys....£100......hardly ever seen another

anyone anymore????

Mark how are ya..........matey they're all pop tunes......get ya ead in gear lol:lol: :thumbsup::lol: ......atvb tezza:thumbsup:

Social source share

TOBI LEGEND - MALA ISSUE

LOU RAGLAND - AMY ISSUE

YUM YUMS - ABC PARAMOUNT ISSUE

I think all these exist....

Definately known as a ONE OFF ONLY

EARL JACKSON - ABC ISSUE

And only TWO KNOWN I think

LARRY CLINTON - DYNAMO ISSUE

I had a "Time Will Pass You By" on a blue issue.

Sold it to Browny late 80s or early 90s.

Social source share

DANA VALLERY- ISSUE is quite a rare one me thinks, only ever seen one

FREDDIE CHAVEZ-ISSUE

Never seen a HOLLY ST JAMES ISSUE

DEAN COURTNEY-LOVE YOU JUST CAN`T WALK AWAY

hatsoff2.gif

You are quite correct H : DV issue copies are few and far between , but on saying that , the last one I know of was sold on eBay about 15 / 16 months ago by an American seller ( surprise , surprise ) .

I have heard of an issue being valued at £700 + : anyone confirm this is the going rate ?

I had the chance of owning one when it first surfaced , but as I already had a WD , I gave it a miss opting to buy other tunes ....... C'est la vie .

As for Holly St James , I am certain that the copy Richard had was an issue .

Malc

Social source share

DV issue copies are few and far between

I have heard of an issue being valued at £700 + : anyone confirm this is the going rate ?

Two issue copies sold on eBay in May and June 2009. They sold for $332 and $389. That's £225-ish.

It sure is rare, but I see no reason for the price to have gone up with £475 since then.

Social source share

TOBI LEGEND - MALA ISSUE

LOU RAGLAND - AMY ISSUE

EARL JACKSON - ABC ISSUE

I still have My Tobi Legend blue issue,of which i had 2 at the same time(the second one was my brothers who sold to me for £18),i sold one to Tony Worrot!!!!!!many years ago and have one with me in spain sealed in a case ready for dave thorley when i expire.....

I also had a issue of the Yum Yums sold many years ago

snooky

Edited by snooky
Social source share

dave moore has issue of jay d martin,was hoping to see it on scan here,i have never seen one also sam williams....that must be rare also..

snooky

I haven't either of these on stock issue. I may have the Sam Williams scan from when we did the Johnny Brantley Story, I'll dig around when I get back to Spain.

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

TOBI LEGEND - MALA ISSUE

LOU RAGLAND - AMY ISSUE

EARL JACKSON - ABC ISSUE

I've got a Lou Ragland issue ,they actually look the same as the demo , but without the demo information .Shame there isn't a blue one ....Cheers ,Eddie

Social source share

TOBI LEGEND - MALA ISSUE

LOU RAGLAND - AMY ISSUE

EARL JACKSON - ABC ISSUE

earl jackson issue...post-9436-014753600 1287308479_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest veep1296

DANA VALLERY- ISSUE is quite a rare one me thinks, only ever seen one

FREDDIE CHAVEZ-ISSUE

Never seen a HOLLY ST JAMES ISSUE

DEAN COURTNEY-LOVE YOU JUST CAN`T WALK AWAY

hatsoff2.gif

Freddie Chavez..def hard. I had one & sold it to Ginger late 80s..he moved it on. tried to buy one 2 years ago off a person from Scotland but that is a long story.

Dean Courtney..fairly hard , Dean showed me a Billborad R&B chart with it sitting there in the 30-40s so they must be out there?

Willie Hutch Dunhill Issue is hard. Dave Greet & I saw a young guy with " at St Ives late 70s.

David

Social source share

==================================================================================================

.......no sign of one of these on Popsike or Collector Frenzy. This is the only one I have ever seen........

Strange isn`t it ive seen a couple of these over the years and both were in my home town of york

Social source share

Guest veep1296

I have only seen one Patti & The Emblems issue on Kapp ..it nestles in Mike Kemps box in Barnoldswick.

Have I lead a sheltered life?

David

Social source share

ive never seen an issue of Jades on Nitelife....would it be yellow if it exists.....:thumbsup:

I've deff seen the Jades on yellow Nite Life in the record bar at Wigan - was told that it was a counterfeit at the time .............Anyone ??

Social source share

Two issue copies sold on eBay in May and June 2009. They sold for $332 and $389. That's £225-ish.

It sure is rare, but I see no reason for the price to have gone up with £475 since then.

My original statement was " I have heard of an issue being valued at £700 " - NOT that one had been sold for that figure .

Malc

Social source share

I haven't either of these on stock issue. I may have the Sam Williams scan from when we did the Johnny Brantley Story, I'll dig around when I get back to Spain.

Regards,

Dave

I'm not aware of a Jd martin issue?

I went round Rob Thomas's once and he had 2 Larry Clinton issues for sale! (also a demo and a knackered demo framed on the wall)

Social source share

I'm not aware of a Jd martin issue?

I went round Rob Thomas's once and he had 2 Larry Clinton issues for sale! (also a demo and a knackered demo framed on the wall)

Rob sold one of the Larry Clinton issues to Pete Mason (not the Preston lad the other one).

Social source share

I have only seen one Patti & The Emblems issue on Kapp ..it nestles in Mike Kemps box in Barnoldswick.

David

Yes Dave, also in there is my old Mel Britt demo!

Back to the Willie Hutch issue a lad had one for sale at Prestwich a few years back.

I told Dave Greet at the Orwell about it 2 or 3 weeks later and he asked me to get it for him. (if it was still there)

When I saw the lad again it had gone.

Dave.

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

TOBI LEGEND - MALA ISSUE

LOU RAGLAND - AMY ISSUE

EARL JACKSON - ABC ISSUE

Hammie were have you been hiding...............I have Lou Ragland issue dont think its that rare in the scheme of things

Geene Toone issue has to be a Hard one

Edited by smudgesmith
Social source share

At Kings Hall a few years back there was a blue labelled Lou Ragland for sale. It was a thing of beauty to my eyes, and everybody in the record bar who saw it said they didnt think it existed, but I had a good look at it and thought it was pucka.

I remember asking Tim Ash & Butch what they thought it was worth, think the seller was asking 600 maybe for it at the time. My mate Max was with me and he nearly bought it.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

David

Deffo much scarcer than the demo. Had one from Soul Bowl for a fiver circa '76

Used to have Morris Chestnut on a blue Amy issue

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

How about some of the RCA things like the Celestrials - Chain Reaction. The W/D used to be fairly common, but issues??

Gia Mateo - If you can say anything nice. Again, see it on demo a bit, but cant say I've ever seen an issue.

Social source share

Dean Courtney..fairly hard , Dean showed me a Billborad R&B chart with it sitting there in the 30-40s so they must be out there?

David

Always have been, and continue to be, fascinated by the stories and legends of missing records. It's hard to take logically just how scarce some issues are, having been issued. I'm going to get to work on a vinyl detector along the lines of the beach metal detector, there must be some great land-fills out there.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Always have been, and continue to be, fascinated by the stories and legends of missing records. It's hard to take logically just how scarce some issues are, having been issued. I'm going to get to work on a vinyl detector along the lines of the beach metal detector, there must be some great land-fills out there.

Probably a few million deposited at the bottom of the Mersey.

Social source share

anyone anymore????

Don't think i've ever seen one either,but since you mentioned it...on the bay at the moment.

post-8742-087065600 1288289166_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!