The Tempest

• Replies 10
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

No idea which is the rarer...but...something in the back of my mind is telling me that I once saw a cover version on a New Zealand label?

:thumbsup:

Dave, what do you mean by cover version? Isn't Jack Hammer already a cover version (L.Anthony?)

Back to topic:

Of the three different releases shown I'm only familiar with the german one (last scan) and tho it doesn't turn up very often it's not super rare. 2nd one looks french to me?

Social source share

Dave, what do you mean by cover version? Isn't Jack Hammer already a cover version (L.Anthony?)

Back to topic:

Of the three different releases shown I'm only familiar with the german one (last scan) and tho it doesn't turn up very often it's not super rare. 2nd one looks french to me?

Correct Herr Schlamp .

1969 I think ......

Malc

Social source share

No idea which is the rarer...but...something in the back of my mind is telling me that I once saw a cover version on a New Zealand label?

:thumbsup:

Dave, John Rowles on an Aussie MCA label 7" from 1969 is by far the best .. and rarest version of this tune ! The Aussie release is a much faster and ballsiermix/take than the US Kapp 7" release .

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

Dave, John Rowles on an Aussie MCA label 7" from 1969 is by far the best .. and rarest version of this tune ! The Aussie release is a much faster and ballsiermix/take than the US Kapp 7" release .

I've got one of these but it's a New Zealand copy (MCA 3029)

Would this be the same mix / take as the Aussie copy you mentioned?

Can't really say I was aware of it being different, so never thought to compare it... :thumbsup:

Social source share

• 5 months later...

:hatsoff2: Hi All As a collector of UK SOUL, the UK DEMO is the rarest, and the copy I would want in my collection, I have always had this opinion, I do like foreign pic covers,:huh:

This is one of y all time favorite records from ur scene, I actually had the Reggae version first, and heired this at Blackpool Mecca played by Tony Jebb, it was a must have, from that moment on, it is a proper Classic :yes: NICE ONE :thumbsup: DAVE

Social source share

I've got this on a UA issue and will probably be looking to sell it soon so........How does the british UA issue compare in rarity/price to the demo?

Social source share

:huh: Hi All..... It is my opinion that the silver A Demo, although looks nice, and UK collectors like to have Demos, the difference in price is not that great, about £5 - £10 tops added on, records like "What About the Music" by SPICE is rarer as an Issue, however as I don't have a copy I would sat that. ... To me it's a bit like the Black Tamla Motown Demo, they don't do much for me except the Northern Soul Demos, it's strange that some of the 70s 1st issues like MCA black London Brunswick Silver A Demos fetch less than the reddish Demos, It is nice to see that thing are changing Boy Demos are now worth 2/3 more than 10 years ago and some of the modern & crossover soul fetch more than the issue on the rare ones that is, It's a shame that so little is written about Promos & Demos as it ranks as one of the most important areas of collecting Rare Soul 45s, Pete Smith or Ted M are the ones to ask or even Mick Smith!!ph34r.gif Dave
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!