45cellar

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

There is a possible release upcoming of Ollie's stuff. It's not 100% confirmed but if it happens hopefuly it will do him justice.

I'm almost there with the research side of things on Ollie's story. It's been a long and at times frustrating trail but it'll be wort it in the end I reckon.

Regards,

Dave

PS. Dave F ..... one of my Top 10 'lunches' of all time. Up there with 'The Wiz' et al. Happy Days! We need another trip Mate!

Social source share

Guest Pete Higson

Just seen with glee the feature on Ollie Mc . Only famous person that i've ever met. What a gentleman too.

Bought my mate and I (Steve Ray ) a few tins whilst looking through Bob Mays shop.

Three Baritracks, four Jock Mitchells,two Dena Barnes later, Ollie went out to buy

some more cans ! Having got " fed up" of pulling Golden World stuff and Motown

demos out, (you shoudn't get tired of that, I know, but I was only 19 )

Ollie took us to a bar,having seen what we were buying, said

"I'll take you to a bar where the Motwon Cats hang out,

He did, and we missed Marvin by 5 mins.!

Shit happens .

Just got home from work, pictures and signed recs to follow tomorrow.

Apart from my son and daughter being born, there is yet to be a day

to superseed that 19th July 1978

Pete H

Social source share

Sadly never got to meet Ollie but me and Andy(Tats) Taylor did spend a day with his wife Ruth and daughter cant remember which one.Didnt get any records but got some photos.Dont forget Ollie had a son Ira and in Ollies early days he was a dj and ran a gig for the local kids it was called the Caravan Club..Oh and by the way there ar i think 6 releases on the Ruth label but ive only ever owned the one Good Guys.Anyone have any sound bites of the other 5 releases?

Social source share

Just seen with glee the feature on Ollie Mc . Only famous person that i've ever met. What a gentleman too.

Bought my mate and I (Steve Ray ) a few tins whilst looking through Bob Mays shop.

Three Baritracks, four Jock Mitchells,two Dena Barnes later, Ollie went out to buy

some more cans ! Having got " fed up" of pulling Golden World stuff and Motown

demos out, (you shoudn't get tired of that, I know, but I was only 19 )

Ollie took us to a bar,having seen what we were buying, said

"I'll take you to a bar where the Motwon Cats hang out,

He did, and we missed Marvin by 5 mins.!

Shit happens .

Just got home from work, pictures and signed recs to follow tomorrow.

Apart from my son and daughter being born, there is yet to be a day

to superseed that 19th July 1978

Pete H

Brill Pete nice one

Social source share

Sadly never got to meet Ollie but me and Andy(Tats) Taylor did spend a day with his wife Ruth and daughter cant remember which one.Didnt get any records but got some photos.Dont forget Ollie had a son Ira and in Ollies early days he was a dj and ran a gig for the local kids it was called the Caravan Club..Oh and by the way there ar i think 6 releases on the Ruth label but ive only ever owned the one Good Guys.Anyone have any sound bites of the other 5 releases?

Hi Gilly

And much of his work was aided by our good friend Popcorn Wylie

Dave

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!