Grosvenor Rooms 2Nd Anniversary

Guest RICTIC

:thumbsup: hiya soulies , wot a nite to remember it was packed to the rafters , soulies came from all over the country , pete & suzanns wedding was in full swing when i got there at 7-30 ,rob kicked it of in the main room and there was alot of soulies in at that time ,rob got the dance floor buzzin then i went on the decks at 9.00 and the grov was packed i played to the crowd ,floor full ready for pete taylor to come on after me , and pete did an awsome spot got the atmosphere going , dance floor buzzin after pete me & rob went on to finish the nite of , we had to play a extra tune at the end because the crowd was shouting for more. also the motown room was full gaz ,cressy, oggy , and jobie did awsome spots got the crowd dancin all nite , well that it for now still ,am buzzin from last nite ,so see you next month at the grov, and thank you to all you soulies who came onthe nite to make it an awsome nite of northern soul oldies , ktf rictic:lol: :yes: Edited by RICTIC
  • Replies 20
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:thumbsup: hiya soulies , wot a nite to remember it was packed to the rafters , soulies came from all over the country , pete & suzanns wedding was in full swing when i got there at 7-30 ,rob kicked it of in the main room and there was alot of soulies in at that time ,rob got the dance floor buzzin then i went on the decks at 9.00 and the grov was packed i played to the crowd ,floor full ready for pete taylor to come on after me , and pete did an awsome spot got the atmosphere going , dance floor buzzin after pete me & rob went on to finish the nite of , we had to play a extra tune at the end because the crowd was shouting for more. also the motown room was full gaz ,cressy, oggy , and jobie did awsome spots got the crowd dancin all nite , well that it for now still ,am buzzin from last nite ,so see you next month at the grov, and thank you to all you soulies who came onthe nite to make it an awsome nite of northern soul oldies , ktf rictic:lol: :yes:

[/quoted

hatsoff2.gifYou just bet me to it was about to start the thread, anyway what a fantastic place , first visit and a first date rolled into one, venue A1 , music and the people awsome, a big thankyou for making me and nicky welcome , she thought it was great, congrats to pete and sue , hope she is feeling better today,

only thing i can say is why the hell havnt i been before , one thing for sure is al be back.

Thanks once again and regards from mickey2dinners and nicky xthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Edited by mickey2dinners

Guest A WAY OF LIFE NS

:thumbsup::lol: Just like to say what a brilliant night it was last night , best wishes too pete and susan again on there special day , hope sue is feeling better today . and big thnx too the grov crew for makin a great night as they always do . Little elliot :yes: brilliant little dancer the future , hope big liam is ok after vs deep heat:sweatingbullets: hope your well mate and got home ok .

peace KTF

Edited by A WAY OF LIFE NS
Guest aaz19tdi

what a cracking nightyes.gif first time for me and Kathryn as well ,she absolutely loved it, awsome dance floor . All the Dj,s kept the floor full all night, grosvenor rooms does exactly what it says on the tin. Only one bad thing i can say it shuts too earlylaugh.gif.

Well done guys we will be back.

Atb Lee & Kathryn.

Guest aaz19tdi

Be a good place for a nighter.:thumbsup:

No chance of that with the houses that are near, i asked Scott (the chap that runs the grosvenor) if it could happen, he told me no chance.sad.gif

Hi to all definitely a bangin night just finished the clean up:sweatingbullets: . Well all I can say is what an anniversary packed to the rafters with faces new and old. :thumbup:

A big thank you from us all at the grosvenor rooms to all that attend from far n wide hope its worth the travelling and a BIG thank you to Mark n Rob for bringing Northern to our little venue in sleepy Sutton:hatsoff2: :thumbup: .

Me n Mad would also like to say a big thankyou to everyone who accepts and encourages Elliot he loves it and now has a record player on his christmas list !! ( this could be expensive LOL):lol:

Congratulations to Pete and Susan hope she feels better and thanks for letting Elliot be part of your special day.

Won't be out for the next few weeks:( as work pretty busy and Elliot dancing at Blackpool next week in the Nationals for his Old Time n Sequence.

Wos gonna let Elliot write post but it would have been too short would have read "WHAT A BANGER!!!!" thats all he could say this morning.

See you all around soon and if not before at the Grov next month. beer.gif:thumbup:

KTF

Scott, Mad 'n' Elliot

Sorry forgot to add that as much as we would love a nighter Lee is right too many houses too close by. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Don't forget the dayer though in May :thumbup:

KTF

Scott

Hi to all definitely a bangin night just finished the clean up:sweatingbullets: . Well all I can say is what an anniversary packed to the rafters with faces new and old. :thumbup:

A big thank you from us all at the grosvenor rooms to all that attend from far n wide hope its worth the travelling and a BIG thank you to Mark n Rob for bringing Northern to our little venue in sleepy Sutton:hatsoff2: :thumbup: .

Me n Mad would also like to say a big thankyou to everyone who accepts and encourages Elliot he loves it and now has a record player on his christmas list !! ( this could be expensive LOL):lol:

Congratulations to Pete and Susan hope she feels better and thanks for letting Elliot be part of your special day.

Won't be out for the next few weeks:( as work pretty busy and Elliot dancing at Blackpool next week in the Nationals for his Old Time n Sequence.

Wos gonna let Elliot write post but it would have been too short would have read "WHAT A BANGER!!!!" thats all he could say this morning.

See you all around soon and if not before at the Grov next month. beer.gif:thumbup:

KTF

Scott, Mad 'n' Elliot

hatsoff2.gifthanks for one hell off a nite even though i talk funny lol , elliot is fantasic and will look through box for double ups to help him start his collection , first date last nite and she loved the place,music and the people , all i can say is its priceless what this scene gives us , hatsoff2.gif

Regards mickey2dinners

Guest Barry Holland

It was the first time at the Grosvenor for us as well. Had a fantastic day as Pete's best man,:thumbup: and to finish off that fantastic day was a fantastic night.:thumbup: Northern oldies all night and an atmosphere to die for. thumbsup.gif The only down side was waking up in the Travel Lodge with a massive hangover. Congratulations to the Grosvenor team for putting on an excellent night,:thumbup: will try and get back soon, Barry and Ann, KGB, KTF.:lol::):wave:

Got to agree with all thats been said so far,Brilliant 2nd Anniversary,thanks to Mark and Rob for putting on such a good venue,Graham for all his hard work,as resident dj,but sounds were bangin all night,and congrats to Pete and Susan,spoke to absolutley loads of people who were in the throws of enjoying themselves,and said the same,well doneKTF Gigs

What a brilliant night this was - love this place.

Unfortunately didn't get chance to congratulate Pete on his happy day so all the best mate to you and Sue.

Came in midway through Grahams spot and he was delivering the goods as usual to a happy dance-floor,

followed by Mr Peter Taylor, with what only can be described as an awesome spot, rare gem after rare gem - superb.

Got to be one of the top places aound - looking forward to the next one already.......nice one Mark & Rob

CHRIS BROOKE

Guest rayskim

Ditto to all above, congratulations to Pete and Susan, hope you are feeling better today, looking forward to next month, can you top this one? we will see cant wait.

K+R

Guest SoulSceneRob

What an AWESOME night we had last night,

We would like to thank EVERYONE. Those who came from FAR and near, biggrin.gifPete Taylor for an unbelievable awesome spot (as always) yes.gif ALL the Grosvenor Dj's Graham, Gaz, Cressey & Oggy. The whole place was packed to the rafters, with numbers just over 460 people throughout the venue, the atmosphere was electric. I started the night off followed by our very own Graham Weaver, Then Pete Taylor (did us proud as usual) Thanks for that Pete, & Graham and myself to finish. We were very grateful to the buzzing crowd for the chanting at the end and begging for more. We did of course oblige yes.gif we would also like to thank all those who came for Pete and Sues reception and stayed till the end. thumbsup.gif The Motown room was also packed out & Gaz, Cressey and Oggy all did us proud in there as well. We are so lucky to be supported by such DEDICATED soulies at the Grosvenor, and as I've ALWAYS said. . . You ARE the Best Soulies in the Midlands and we owe you all so much. We hope we reward your dedication with a top night out each and every month? Because that is what we are here to do thumbup.gif Lastly, we would like to thank the Grosvenor Rooms for their support over the last TWO years. And for letting us give the crowd what they want. Long may we be together the Grosvenor, the Soulies, and Us. Hope to see you all next month so we can do it all again. thumbup.gifthumbsup.gifyes.gif

Keepin the faith ALWAYS

Rob, Mark & the Grosvenor

what a super night at the GROSVENOR ANNIVERSARY ... it is one of the venues to visit and should be on your list if you have not been yet !

as for our wedding day it was wonderful :lol: a huge thank you to all our friends for coming along on the day , and / or , to the night time .... thank you for your good wishes one and all ... it made everything so very special ... :yes: if we missed talking to anyone on the night we are sorry ... everything was just a blurrrr.... thank you for donating to our charity on the night "mind" stands at £100 at the moment ... brilliant :( what lovely friends we have , we are so very lucky .. :yes:

Susan is much better today after starting a course of antibiotics .. thank you Liz, Kim, Robbie and Jan for your help xx

pete n' susan ktf

We were gutted that we had to miss this night :no: .............Grosvenor Anniversary with Pete & Susan's Wedding reception, but due to my dodgy old health, we just could not make it :(

The Grosvenor lads always put on a top night :lol: so we will see you at the next one :yes:

Congratulations to Pete & Susan :yes: & we are looking forward to seeing the wedding photo's :(

Debbie, Ian & Mr. Tinkles x x

Guest SoulSceneRob

Hiya Guys n gals,

Just to let you all know I have posted a few pictures from the night and they are in the gallery. biggrin.gif

Keeping the faith

ALWAYS. . . . thumbup.gif

Rob