On The Soul Side @the Loft Bar Bournemouth Uni

Well another On The Soul Side has been and gone.Yet another cracking night.A big thank you from us all,Danny,myself and Viv who was on the door greeting everyone with her warm welcome as always.

Musically I think a little of everything was played from 60' oldies through 70's and even a touch of 90's.

Thanks to Dr Pickles and Steve Godfrey for being our guest dj's and driving over from the west country to treat us to something a little different.

Next On The Soul Side is a Christmas specia on Dec 18thl utilising both bars at the Uni.We'll be doing our normal thing "Across The Board" in the Loft Bar while joining us in Dylans will be The Railway Club boys and Southampton Soul Club.

Dave & Viv.

Edited by Dave Morris
  • Replies 24
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

yep, agreed dave, another great night at the friendliest venue i've ever been to :thumbup: ,

felt sorry for all the dj's early doors as it was slow to start but ended up a great night,

Steve was the first guest up and played some great 70's/modern and then in his

second set hit us with a more 60's flavoured spot (top man for playing the chessmen :thumbup: )

dr pickles played a blinder especially in his second spot , dave and danny did there usual

great mix of tunes and before we knew it they were calling time :lol: , all in all a good mix of

across the board music, can't wait for the xmas one yes.gif

so a big thanks to all the jocks and to dave and viv, dany and mandy for all there work :thumbup:

any chance of some playlists dave?

glad it was another great night down at the uni..its what you deserve after all the hard work

moldie

Edited by Guest

Great night again at the Uni- well organised by Dave and Viv, the crowd were friendly as normal and the DJ's did us proud. Great to hear a wide cross section of soul from these knowledgeable DJ's- best wishes for the Xmas bash you deserve the success. Cheered me up after another Bristol City defeat, it's soul that keeps a smile on my face these days!

Glad the night went well Dave, was going to try to make it for a few hours on Saturday but with Marie feeling not to good then me waking up with Man Flu Saturday morning it forced a night in watching Come Dancing and X-Factor :lol: never again ever :( nice sweet & Sour Chicken balls though :yes:

Bearsy & Marie

Great night again at the Uni- well organised by Dave and Viv, the crowd were friendly as normal and the DJ's did us proud. Great to hear a wide cross section of soul from these knowledgeable DJ's- best wishes for the Xmas bash you deserve the success. Cheered me up after another Bristol City defeat, it's soul that keeps a smile on my face these days!

I'll have to stow away in your car boot next time you go Matt :lol:

I'm sure the boys will put up some if not all of their playlists in due course.As Matt and Gary have said was nice to hear something different.

That Rick James track that I think Steve played went down well (very funky) forgotten how good it was played out.

As we've said Xmas one coming next where the three main soul clubs down here join forces.:lol::(

Bearsy heard about your "man flu" from Tim.Both of you get well soon.Are the sweet & sour balls a symptom of what you had? :yes: :yes:

As we've said Xmas one coming next where the three main soul clubs down here join forces.:lol::(

looking fwd to it dave...definately something for everyone that night

moldie

Guest Dr Pickles

A great night and many thanks to Dave and Danny for looking after us.

The Uni has just got better and better with Saturday seeing a really busy night.

A real chance to stretch my legs with solid 60's, through funky uptempo, to some uptempo 70's that I haven't played out in a long time.

Really great mix on Dj's again bringing something different to each set.

Thanks to Steve and Kerry for the company and a well earned coffee at the end.

ATB

Doc

A great night and many thanks to Dave and Danny for looking after us.

The Uni has just got better and better with Saturday seeing a really busy night.

A real chance to stretch my legs with solid 60's, through funky uptempo, to some uptempo 70's that I haven't played out in a long time.

Really great mix on Dj's again bringing something different to each set.

Thanks to Steve and Kerry for the company and a well earned coffee at the end.

ATB

Doc

Doc,

Always a pleasure for us when you play at The Uni.Glad you enjoyed it.See you on saturday.

I'm sure the boys will put up some if not all of their playlists in due course.As Matt and Gary have said was nice to hear something different.

That Rick James track that I think Steve played went down well (very funky) forgotten how good it was played out.

As we've said Xmas one coming next where the three main soul clubs down here join forces.thumbsup.gif:hatsoff2:

Bearsy heard about your "man flu" from Tim.Both of you get well soon.Are the sweet & sour balls a symptom of what you had? :no::D

Had couple of comments on saturday night that I'd like to share.One was "that we really like where you're going with the music policy".

The other one was "Just like a family party every 2 months".:thumbsup:

You know who you are and thank you for your continued support.:ohmy:

Good evening Dave , did a post last night ( nearly as long as Dave Mortimore`s post :yes::no: :no: well a long reply for me anyway ) but it`s not here huh.gif Think my travelling laptop has a bug!!!!!!!!:lol:

Well another top night at the uni , with even more diverse music played , yes "fool across the street " was played in the FUNK venue`s when i was a lad ! What a tune !

One of the friendliest functions on the scene without a doubt ,and a great night musically every time i`ve visited

keep up the good work :huh:

WiganBrian.

As we've said Xmas one coming next where the three main soul clubs down here join forces.:ohmy::huh:

Bearsy heard about your "man flu" from Tim.Both of you get well soon.Are the sweet & sour balls a symptom of what you had? :yes::no:

Thanks Dave and no the sweet & sour balls were meant to be the cure, we just phoned up and asked for the same as the night before they know our address :no: was gutted to miss this really as the Doc and Lou were in town too :( Really glad the night was another success and yeah it is friendly and musically not standing still and something for everyone so keep at it your doing something right :lol:

that Rick James track is on Gordy and Tamla Motown and certainly not funky its out and out disco Dave ph34r.gif

see you Friday hopefully :thumbsup:

Good evening Dave , did a post last night ( nearly as long as Dave Mortimore`s post :yes::no: :no: well a long reply for me anyway ) but it`s not here huh.gif Think my travelling laptop has a bug!!!!!!!!:lol:

Well another top night at the uni , with even more diverse music played , yes "fool across the street " was played in the FUNK venue`s when i was a lad ! What a tune !

One of the friendliest functions on the scene without a doubt ,and a great night musically every time i`ve visited

keep up the good work :ohmy:

WiganBrian.

Glad you enjoyed it Brian.Thanks for the hat by the way.Looked good on the other guy,who was introduced to me but didn't get his name,who also came from Blackburn.:huh:

We certainly will keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

Cheers

Dave & Viv.

Hi Dave,

Wow what a night we had, as i think everyone else did. All the DJ'S played excellent spots. As has been said before, something for everyone.

As always it was good to catch up with everyone, You & Viv, Danny and Mandy, Dave & Tracey, Matt,Dave & Jan Mortimer,The Swanage Massive, Alfie & Ruth. I also met Cookie who i had not seen for over 30 years, good to see you mate.

As always you and Danny played some quality tunes, which kept the dancefloor busy most of the night. Ones that hit the spot were Leon Ware - What's your name, This got Ann running from the toilet to get onto the dancefloor, (hope she stamped her feet first). Betty Lloyd - I'm catchin on.(Nice one Danny). i Thought the guest DJ'S Doc Pickles & Steve Godfrey were excellent. I thought the Doc's first Spot was great, alot i liked but never knew, (i was too shy to go and ask him what they were.) Steve played a cracking 70's Xover set with lots of great tunes and followed that with another great set. Some of note for me, Executive Suite - When the fuel runs out, Chessmen - Why can't i be your man, Wales Wallace - Somebody i know.(What a tune). All of you brought something different to the night, which made it such a good night. Well done.

Can't wait for the 18th December.

Dave, did that lad from Blandford turn up?

All the best

Bob

Hi Dave,

Wow what a night we had, as i think everyone else did. All the DJ'S played excellent spots. As has been said before, something for everyone.

As always it was good to catch up with everyone, You & Viv, Danny and Mandy, Dave & Tracey, Matt,Dave & Jan Mortimer,The Swanage Massive, Alfie & Ruth. I also met Cookie who i had not seen for over 30 years, good to see you mate.

As always you and Danny played some quality tunes, which kept the dancefloor busy most of the night. Ones that hit the spot were Leon Ware - What's your name, This got Ann running from the toilet to get onto the dancefloor, (hope she stamped her feet first). Betty Lloyd - I'm catchin on.(Nice one Danny). i Thought the guest DJ'S Doc Pickles & Steve Godfrey were excellent. I thought the Doc's first Spot was great, alot i liked but never knew, (i was too shy to go and ask him what they were.) Steve played a cracking 70's Xover set with lots of great tunes and followed that with another great set. Some of note for me, Executive Suite - When the fuel runs out, Chessmen - Why can't i be your man, Wales Wallace - Somebody i know.(What a tune). All of you brought something different to the night, which made it such a good night. Well done.

Can't wait for the 18th December.

Dave, did that lad from Blandford turn up?

All the best

Bob

Hi Bob,

Not too sure if he did or not.Anyway glad you enjoyed yourself as you always do.Was a bit concerned when I put Leon Ware on and Ann wasn't in sight.

See you at Bridgwater on sat.night.