Tony Aiken & Future 2000 Lp

Hammersoul

I have an lp by the above on Kimsha records,5 track lp Feat:good things,she loves me and time tunnel.How do you tell an original?I`m gonna be selling my copy and i`m pretty sure mine was 1st press.Checked on -line and they all seem to have picture cover which i`m sure is 2rd pressed by band in the late 80`s to early 90`s.Mine has no cover.Any help appreciated.

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I Think this has seen 2 reissue pressings Wayne. The latest one was only about 5 years ago.

I got my copy 10/12 years ago so not the latest one,plus it`s a vg+/vg++ and looks like it`s been around for a while.Only wanna find out what press it is so i can sell it.Been sitting in my shed for 8 years.Has anybody got a 1st press???

Social source share

I got my copy 10/12 years ago so not the latest one,plus it`s a vg+/vg++ and looks like it`s been around for a while.Only wanna find out what press it is so i can sell it.Been sitting in my shed for 8 years.Has anybody got a 1st press???

I have a definite original and recently picked up a reissue

'F*ck me, it's virtually impossible to tell them apart'.........except one feels right and the other doesn't

I can dig them both out again and give you a better description but from memory that's what i said to meself when i had them back to back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Can you give us run outs pls Steve(don`t tell me there the same :unsure: )

I think i did ask you about this ages ago when i was after a copy but deleted the email.

OK Wayne had me micrometer out and have compared the two

The sleeve is the same but the ri looks newer (if you know what i mean). It's made the same way and is identical in every other way except the orig just feels older!

The vinyl looks the same and the printing on the label is virtually the same but again the ri looks newer!

The run out is the same on both (K-2000-A & K-2000-B) BUT there is a difference (see below)

I have found differences and here they are-

Orig - There is a 'dink' on the label that is 70mm in diameter

ri is only 35mm diameter

Orig - Run out is 3mm high

ri is only 1.5mm high

Orig - The song titles on side B are 2mm

ri - The song titles on side B are 2.25 mm

Orig - The song title on side A 3mm

ri - The song title on side B is 3.25 mm

(You'd need the two together to spot these!)

I would say the only thing that you could could tell without having the orig is the run out size

I also note someone said there was a couple of bootlegs of it, so not sure which one mine is?

Anyway, there you go, hope it's worth it for you

Cheers

Steve

ps My ri is for sale at £20 if anyone wants it

pps Going to iron me anorak, see you later biggrin.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!