Mike Jemison Lp On Geneva

Hammersoul

Just going throu me lps and came across this,checking the label for info and it seems it`s a comp of all his songs cos there`s loads of differant years listed.Again no cover,is this an original or a re-issue?I`ve got never get my love on a 7" and that`s on lake.Any help appreciated.

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just going throu me lps and came across this,checking the label for info and it seems it`s a comp of all his songs cos there`s loads of differant years listed.Again no cover,is this an original or a re-issue?I`ve got never get my love on a 7" and that`s on lake.Any help appreciated.

Never seen one with a cover and yes it's original. Was made mainly for export to Japan by the label owner, but about 50 made there way over here.

Social source share

Never seen one with a cover and yes it's original. Was made mainly for export to Japan by the label owner, but about 50 made there way over here.

Dave were there really only 50 that got over to these shores at time of release, I thought there was a bigger sales push in the UK. I seem to remember a full page add on the back of Voices for this LP and seeing them for sale at weekenders.

Only Love Can Be With You on the LP is a differnt mix to the Lake 7". The LP also seems to be recorded at lot louder than the Lake seven.

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Hi Wayne, I've got this LP (and the Lake 7"). As has been noted, "Only love can be with you" is a different version between 7" & LP (the 7" is better IMO). No year or producer noted on label. Very good LP though, and well worth tracking down;

MIKE JEMISON "MIKE JEMISON" (circa 1989 GENEVA LP)

(Prod. Unknown)

Best tracks - "Spread love"/"You'll never get my love"/"Love can be with you"/"Satisfaction"/"Let's bring back the good times"/"Ain't no way"/"Congratulations"/"You make me feel the way you do"

Social source share

Hi Wayne, I've got this LP (and the Lake 7"). As has been noted, "Only love can be with you" is a different version between 7" & LP (the 7" is better IMO). No year or producer noted on label. Very good LP though, and well worth tracking down;

MIKE JEMISON "MIKE JEMISON" (circa 1989 GENEVA LP)

(Prod. Unknown)

Best tracks - "Spread love"/"You'll never get my love"/"Love can be with you"/"Satisfaction"/"Let's bring back the good times"/"Ain't no way"/"Congratulations"/"You make me feel the way you do"

Just having a clear out Dave and wanna see what`s worth letting go.Think i`ll keep the lp cos if memory serves me there`s loads of good tracks on it.Plus i`ll keep the 7" if Only love can be etc is better on a 7".:ohmy: .That`s cleared that one up,cheers guys. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Just having a clear out Dave and wanna see what`s worth letting go.Think i`ll keep the lp cos if memory serves me there`s loads of good tracks on it.Plus i`ll keep the 7" if Only love can be etc is better on a 7".wink.gif .That`s cleared that one up,cheers guys. :thumbsup:

Don't be selling it Wayne, spin 'Spread love' that should make your mind up for you?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Don't be selling it Wayne, spin 'Spread love' that should make your mind up for you?

Cheers

Steve

Just played lp Steve,gotta agree re-Spread love :unsure: .Have to say You make me feel the way you do is a killer/Great version of Barrett`s Strong`s lp cut on coop.For those that don`t have this,i recommend you get a copy,every home should have one. thumbsup.gif

Downside is i can`t find the lake 7",i`m sure i see it the other week(got too many records + poor memory).Just hope i never sold/traded it a while back. :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!