Vava Voom, 16Th Oct

I hope not, it's far too big and dispersive! I think the room downstairs - with all those issues resolved - is perfect.

Can I also make a suggestion, of secondary importance but still worth a mention: the bar is appalling! Is always understaffed, also the only two people in there are quite rude and seems like they have poo for brains. The service was atrocious and put me right off going to the bar!

So the suggestion would be asking the venue to get some more and better staff, is entirely in their interest.

Mary

Don't worry Mary I have absolutely no intention of using the upstairs room & never would! Personally & at the moment I'm not keen on using any of the venue. There's a lot going for it but also a lot against, plus as you mentioned the bar situation, their cask ale selection is shite!(well non existent actually) So on that basis alone I'm up for looking around!!

Am gonna let things settle, speak to the management, see what issues can be addressed & improved but in the meantime concentrate on Nye which obviously we're holding elsewhere & keep a look out in between incase something better comes

along.

Cheers Ady

• Replies 54
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Ollie Lailey

I think, it's time to move on to a new venue. I've been going to Va Va Voom events before the break, and they were always at different venues.

The Boston Music Room's management, security, bar staff, sound engineers, and (being from South London) location leave a lot to be desired.

Saying that, I have always enjoyed myself there, but thats to do with the Dj's and good friends that are there, much more than the venue.

Take it to the West End or East End.

Edited by Ollie Lailey
Guest Mrs Simsy

...sweet to me too so a plea to the organisers, keep the sounds mixed, we are not all 60's obsessives! :)

P.S. Butch played a track by a band called (i think) 'Gold' but i can't remember the name of the track, also which one was 'Gangster boy'??

Ste.

I think 60's obsessives go to Stoke and venues like that and that alone and don't tend to pop up at rare venues too often. I think to keep the sounds mixed is a great idea and should be observed. Just too much funk for my liking on Saturday night. Of course, if we were all the same then the world would be a dull place.:thumbsup:

Keep on going guys, we shall follow you wherever you go.:yes: