Botanic Label Question

Guest Gogs

I know that some label differences come about due to different pressing plants being used, but these are normally minor changes i.e label colour text and/or font differences.

but this is completely different any idea why. First scan courtesy of JM's website.

post-9242-007599900 1287406277_thumb.jpg

post-9242-068209200 1287406116_thumb.jpg

i know that original was issued on the Red Sands label but think mine looks better.

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Dave Turner

I know that some label differences come about due to different pressing plants being used, but these are normally minor changes i.e label colour text and/or font differences.

but this is completely different any idea why. First scan courtesy of JM's website.

post-9242-007599900 1287406277_thumb.jpg

post-9242-068209200 1287406116_thumb.jpg

i know that original was issued on the Red Sands label but think mine looks better.

Great record, not so sure Red Sands is the original press though.

Dave Rimmer has the following --

Botanic 1001 - Shanty Town / Please Open Up The Door - 1970

Red Sands 701 - You're Blessing / Your A Blessing - 1971 (Promo Issue Only)

Red Sands 701 - You're Blessing / Please Open Up The Door - 1971

Red Sands 701 - You're Blessing / Nobody Knows - 1971

"Nobody Knows" on Red Sands is also "Open Up The Door" from what I've seen and heard, whether or not it's a label error not sure.

Little Charles and the Sidewinders - Please Open Up The Door

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Great record, not so sure Red Sands is the original press though.

Dave Rimmer has the following --

Botanic 1001 - Shanty Town / Please Open Up The Door - 1970

Red Sands 701 - You're Blessing / Your A Blessing - 1971 (Promo Issue Only)

Red Sands 701 - You're Blessing / Please Open Up The Door - 1971

Red Sands 701 - You're Blessing / Nobody Knows - 1971

"Nobody Knows" on Red Sands is also "Open Up The Door" from what I've seen and heard, whether or not it's a label error not sure.

Thanks arkwright

Just checked the sound clip of "nobody knows" on JM's site and it does play "please open up the door" has he attached the wrong clip? can anybody else comfirm these are the same record as "nobody knows" is credited to Jimmy Norman while "poutd" is credited to Jerry Williams ???

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Thanks arkwright

Just checked the sound clip of "nobody knows" on JM's site and it does play "please open up the door" has he attached the wrong clip? can anybody else comfirm these are the same record as "nobody knows" is credited to Jimmy Norman while "poutd" is credited to Jerry Williams ???

Pretty sure it isn't a wrong clip but an actual clip of "Nobody Knows" as it's stated on the label. Have heard other clips of "Nobody Knows" being POUTD such as ----

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=MOMDuHVayLg

I've never heard the actual track "Nobody Knows". Does it exist ?

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Thanks arkwright

As Dave said, both Red Sands "Nobody Know's" and Botanic "Please Open Up The Door" are indeed the same. agree with the difference in writers, and you have Teacho Wiltshire credited on Botanic, and Bert DeCoteaux credited on Red sands?? both renowned and respected arrangers!

What a cracking track "You're Blessing" is!

steve

Social source share

Pretty sure it isn't a wrong clip but an actual clip of "Nobody Knows" as it's stated on the label. Have heard other clips of "Nobody Knows" being POUTD such as ----

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=MOMDuHVayLg

I've never heard the actual track "Nobody Knows". Does it exist ?

hi Dave, wonder if they just got the wrong master when they pressed up the Red Sands disc???

steve

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

As Dave said, both Red Sands "Nobody Know's" and Botanic "Please Open Up The Door" are indeed the same. agree with the difference in writers, and you have Teacho Wiltshire credited on Botanic, and Bert DeCoteaux credited on Red sands?? both renowned and respected arrangers!

What a cracking track "You're Blessing" is!

steve

Hi Steve, looking around the net looking for clips and forgot about tea in the oven, looks a bit black now :hatsoff2:

Hope she gives me a jolly good thrashing when she gets in laugh.gif

Yeah, I think the same re masters possibly getting mixed up

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

• 1 year later...

Reading the thread about velvet hammer "happy" label reminded be off this one i asked last year and got no real definitive answers to any of the questions raised, so thought i might try again.

thank you

gogs

Social source share

Hi. I'm not sure what specific type of answer you're looking for, but whoever ran the label clearly pressed it twice with two label designs. Unless someone is in contact with that person, I don't know what type of answer you could get. I don't think it has anything to do with different pressing plants though. Thanks.

Social source share

Hi. I'm not sure what specific type of answer you're looking for, but whoever ran the label clearly pressed it twice with two label designs. Unless someone is in contact with that person, I don't know what type of answer you could get. I don't think it has anything to do with different pressing plants though. Thanks.

Thanks boba, BUT then does the same apply to to current velvet hammer question. Why the different "b" sides?. What label was pressed first?. I think i'm becoming a Chinstroker :g::D

Social source share

Thanks boba, BUT then does the same apply to to current velvet hammer question. Why the different "b" sides?. What label was pressed first?. I think i'm becoming a Chinstroker :g::D

The velvet hammer 45s have different b-sides? Either way the same answer doesn't apply because some information came from the group itself. I see the botanic record appears to have been produced by swamp dogg. I think you could try to contact him to see if he has answers? Good luck.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!