The Greatest 40 Northern Soul Records Ever Made *****

Pete S

THE GREATEST 40 NORTHERN SOUL RECORDS EVER MADE *****

https://podcastmachine.com/podcasts/4425/episodes/31631

Back in January I did a series of podcasts featuring the 100 Greatest Northern Soul Records Ever made, obviously these were decided upon by myself just for amusement and only included records I had in my own collection which I could play off vinyl. Anyway I made it a bit more interesting by adding old radio jingles and the like, and the five shows were very very popular. (There should still be a link to the complete 100 somewhere) A couple of people asked me if I could put them up on the new site so I decided to just put the top 40 up as one long show. The quality is not as good on these as it is on my other podcasts as I had to make the files quite small for the Podbean site, but they are ok. Putting up a track listing kind of ruins the surprise so I won't put up the track list, however if you would like it, or would like the link to the entire top 100, please email me at pete.smith@freeuk.com and I'll give you the details that you need. Some random entries: 40 JIMMY CONWELL - CIGARETTE ASHES / 27 BERNIE WILLIAMS - EVER AGAIN / 21 DETROIT EXECUTIVES - COOL OFF / 11 BETTY BOO - SAY IT ISN'T SO. You get the idea anyway. It does actually count down the final 10 so you will know where you are in the chart. Enjoy some great music folks!

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

listening to this as i type pete,am lovin the nostalga,these are the tunes that made me fall in love with soul all those years ago,respect to each and every one of them, cheers pete :thumbsup:

jason

I thought I'd better have a check and see how many were in the "Top 200" as per Kev Roberts' book, and was surprised to find that there were only 13 or 14!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!