2010-11-04: Barnstaple Soul Weekender 2010

Barnstaple Soul Weekender 2010

4th, 5th, 6th & 7th November 2010

Complex Sold Out

Weekend Pass only £15.00

For tickets please ring 01933 441281 or visit www.freewebs.com/barnstapleweekender

It will all take place in the Arlington Suite

At the Barnstaple Hotel

Barnstaple

North Devon

EX31 1LE

Thursday evening

2 x All-Dayers

Sunday Evening

Thursday 8pm - Late

Friday 1200 - 0200

Saturday 1200 - 0200

Sunday 1800 - 0100

DJ line up includes Keith Minshull, Pete Lyster, Dereck Higham, Kev Such & many more

Across the board

Thank you

Edited by southandnorth
  • Replies 16
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Complex Sold Out

Weekend Pass only £15.00

For tickets please ring 01933 441281 or visit www.freewebs.com/barnstapleweekender

It will all take place in the Arlington Suite

At the Barnstaple Hotel

Barnstaple

North Devon

EX31 1LE

Thursday evening

2 x All-Dayers

Sunday Evening

Thursday 8pm - Late

Friday 1200 - 0200

Saturday 1200 - 0200

Sunday 1800 - 0100

DJ line up includes Keith Minshull, Pete Lyster, Dereck Higham, Kev Such & many more

Across the board

Thank you

Hotels Nearby

Yeo Dale Hotel (Nearest)

Total Distance: 0.76 mile(s), 1.22 km(s)

Estimated journey time of: 2 minute(s

Pilton Bridge, Barnstaple, North Devon, EX31 1PG

T: 01271 342954 F: 01271 344530 E: stay@yeodalehotel.co.uk

-------------------------

The Cedars Inn

Bickington Road,

Barnstaple,

Devon,

EX31 2HE

Total Distance: 2.79 mile(s), 4.49 km(s)

Estimated journey time of: 8 minute(s)

--------------------------------

The Park Hotel

Total Distance: 1.64 mile(s), 2.64 km(s)

Estimated journey time of: 5 minute(s

Taw Vale, EX32 9AE Barnstaple, Devon

-------------------------------

Royal & Fortescue

61 Boutport St, Barnstaple EX31 1HG

01271 342 289

Total Distance: 1.6 mile(s), 2.57 km(s)

Estimated journey time of: 5 minute(s)

------------------------------

Imperial Hotel

www.brend-hotels.co.uk

Taw Vale Parade

Barnstaple, EX32 8NB

01271 345 861

Total Distance: 1.4 mile(s), 2.25 km(s)

Estimated journey time of: 4 minute(s)

------------------------------

Premier Inn Barnstaple

Whiddon Drive, EX32 8RY Barnstaple

Total Distance: 2.54 mile(s), 4.09 km(s)

Estimated journey time of: 7 minute(s)

--------------------------

BOOKING.COM

Sometimes you can get these cheaper through Booking.com

Guest porky yorkie

Pete n I are really looking to coming down to Barnstaple again this year, last year was brill. We will be arriving early friday afternoon c u then.

Guest kev such

Pete n I are really looking to coming down to Barnstaple again this year, last year was brill. We will be arriving early friday afternoon c u then.

Have a great do tomorrow Pete, Liz. See you both next weekend. You got anything new to play?

Guest soulfulrosa

ONLY 7 sleeps to the 2nd Barnstaple Weekender !! .... rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif and a huge welcome to you all from SUNNY BARNSTAPLE ..biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif ( yep its sunny today )

I know I am biased..... but this IS such a friendly weekender.. and i think i am qualified to comment. ( not just because i live down here ) but because Joe and i travel far and wide for our love of soul . actually i would challenge ANYONE that does more miles than us !!!! LOLhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gif

A good line up of DJs Pete Lyster, Keith Minshull Johnny Biggs, Kev Such , Ady Heaney,Steve Towers,Denis Hyde., Joe Dean, ...... any more Kev B???thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

see ya there everyone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ONLY 7 sleeps to the 2nd Barnstaple Weekender !! .... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: and a huge welcome to you all from SUNNY BARNSTAPLE ..:D:D:D:D:D:D ( yep its sunny today )

I know I am biased..... but this IS such a friendly weekender.. and i think i am qualified to comment. ( not just because i live down here ) but because Joe and i travel far and wide for our love of soul . actually i would challenge ANYONE that does more miles than us !!!! LOL:hatsoff2::hatsoff2:

A good line up of DJs Pete Lyster, Keith Minshull Johnny Biggs, Kev Such , Ady Heaney,Steve Towers,Denis Hyde., Joe Dean, ...... any more Kev B???thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

see ya there everyone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DJ's

Keith Minsull ( Mr Torch )

Pete Lyster ( Bridgewater )

Derck Higham ( Bury Masonic )

Ady Heany ( Plymouth )

Johnny Briggs ( Crewe )

Pete Neil ( Wigan )

Denis Hyde ( Surrey )

John Heany ( Derby )

Steve Towers ( Corby )

Ady Hall ( Loughborough )

Kev Such ( Cream Cracker )

Alan Leighton ( Northants )

Julie ( Notts )

Tony The Hat ( Yorkshire )

Joe Dean ( Barnstaple )

Jerard James ( Crewe)

Paul Perry ( Wellingborough )

Roger Conneely ( Northwich )

See you Thurs

Kev

packing loads of modern tunes for Kev. S. !

pete lyster

i hope you manage to convert mr such.......somebody needs too

hope you and cathy have a great weekend

regards moldie

Guest kev such

Cathy and I getting right in the mood for this weekender - last year was brilliant.

Looking forward to seeing the gang again from last year and the new faces

{and packing loads of modern tunes for Kev. S. ! ]

We'll see you all on Friday

pete lyster

Like the famous quote from Maggie " the mans not for turning.

I'll check with Mr Bourne as to when you're spot is Pete and I'll probably be washing my hairs that night.:thumbsup:

Why do I need to cross to the dark side when there are SO many great 60's tunes that I havent heard yet, and then theres the RnB.

Regards to Cathy, Pete and looking forward to seeing you both this weekend.

As for you Mick, its almost the Christmas Cream Cracker and you aint doing your spot till I have thoroughly gone through your box, ok?

Christams Cream Cracker 27th November. Rothwell Town Football Club, Cecil Street, Rothwell. NN14 6EZ. 60's Northern, RnB and Early Crossover. 8pm to 2am

DJ's. Wayne Moseley, Marky Mole, Smiggy, Ian J, Micky Taking (Moldie) Mick, Nidge and Kev Such.

£5 OTD. ALL MONIES TAKEN being donated to The Lurcher Link.

Kev (still not doing modern no matter how much you bleet and say Im a dinosaur:lol:) Such and Karen

I'll check with Mr Bourne as to when you're spot is Pete and I'll probably be washing my hairs that night.:thumbsup:....BOTH OF THEM?

Why do I need to cross to the dark side when there are SO many great 60's tunes that I havent heard yet, and then theres the RnB.

YES KEV BUT THERES AS MANY 7TS TOONS YOU AINT HEARD...START CROOSING OVER

As for you Mick, its almost the Christmas Cream Cracker and you aint doing your spot till I have thoroughly gone through your box, ok?

THATS FINE KEV.....YOU WILL LIKE LOOKING TA REAL TOONS...LOLOLOL...ONLY JOKIN

Christams Cream Cracker 27th November. Rothwell Town Football Club, Cecil Street, Rothwell. NN14 6EZ. 60's Northern, RnB and Early Crossover. 8pm to 2am

DJ's. Wayne Moseley, Marky Mole, Smiggy, Ian J, Micky Taking (Moldie) Mick, Nidge and Kev Such.

£5 OTD. ALL MONIES TAKEN being donated to The Lurcher Link.

Kev (still not doing modern no matter how much you bleet and say Im a dinosaur:lol:) Such and Karen

Guest The Driffter

What a night [saturday] thought friday was good but saturday just excellent ,great mixture of DJS with some class records .

Smiling and dancing all night from the punters ,great acomodation and food Gordon Ramsey couldnt cook better .

Pete Lister once again caused some great comments from the odd soulies who may not have seen /heard him before and wowed by some of those tracks he played .

This is one weekender for class acomodation ,Class djs who know how to please customers and an atmosphere to die for .

Last night tonight [sunday].hope to see everyone back here next year .Thanks for all your hard work Kev and Gloria.. The Driffter xx

We would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to everybody who supported this year's Barnstable Soul Weekender, with the complex sold out for the second year running several months ago and the support from Plymouth, Taunton, and Exeter & Bridgewater and of course the locals made this a fantastic weekend.

This event starts on the Friday, but this year there was around 50 who had booked into the complex for the Thursday night so we decided to have the venue open and have some unknown & forgotten tunes played this turned into a great success even with some locals joining us.

The rest of the Weekend was very good, meeting new & old friends and some great music played, both Friday & Saturday evening being very busy.

We would like to thank all the DJs for giving us a great variation of music throughout the Weekend.

Congratulations to Ian Nicol from Blackpool for winning the Ten Pin Bowling Competition that we ran on the Sunday afternoon.

As last year we ran a raffle in aid of Cancer Research & North Devon Hospice, Sylvia who worked hard looking after the raffle, Ian & Diane made some CDs to sell in aid of the Charities and also Twink donated money from selling records.

So a big thank you from us to Sylvia, Ian, Di & Twink.

In Total we raised £935.50, so £467.75 to each Charity, will post the receipts as soon as received.

Photos now in website @ www.freewebs.com/soulinthehind

Kev & Gloria Bourne