Prestwich/sedgley, Fairways Lodge

Fairways Lodge and Leisure Club, George st. (off Bury new rd.) Prestwich, Manchester, M25 9WS. An evening of across the board soul, xover, Northern, rare cuts, underplayed+some loved classics. The first night at this intimate venue, holds approx 125(hence tickets advised) pay on the door may be ok, not sure as its first event. Going into Halloween, Sat 30th 8 til 1 30am add. £5 tickets 01282 613020 or at St Bernadettes (oct 23) Whitefield, or Rolls Royce Barnoldswick Oct 22nd (13th annivrsary) OR HOTEL 01617981907 e mail sales @fairwayslodge.co.uk This event marks a reunion of Harry Grundy and Roman from the Prestwich nights some 12 years ago at the Woodthorpe. As its Halloween eve its fitting we have djs from Pendle Wich country, Roman Wizard of Ooze, and Billy Foster Padiham T own Hall alongside HAS, (RIGHT TRACK RADIO) AND ST. BERNADETTES, WHITEFIELD. The hotel has many features, squash,, jaccuzzi, sauna, fully equiped gym, cardovascular studio and aerobic studio(free with rooms) also beauty treatement room, massage, spray tanning. pedicures, new acrylic gel nail treatement and restaurant Rooms double£45 includes full English, quote soul 0161798 1907 but make sure you have a ticket for the event 01282 613020, As its into Halloween dress is your choice, we are hoping for a fun atmosphere with good music ATB.

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Carms, yes its upstairs, dancefloor laid for functions, tell me its always fine. Struck me that the place is perfect for a soulful evening, private and I know the owners from when they ran the Keirby Park hotel Burnley, always a pleasure to work with them, Steve and Natalie. envisaged as an occasional night we need to see how the first one goes, hopeI see you there. Roman

Edited by northernhearts

Hi Carms, I will have to do another one just to meet you, Will fetch tunes like Exportations, Richard Caiton, Big beat ballads, Jerry Jackson plus Northern, even some modern, Beverly Brown etc. maybe rare lp cuts on motown, it all depends where it takes us. By the way Carms could you spread the word for us I have been busy with Rolls Royce 13th anniversary, plus Keirby so not got to Manchester to promote, any one wants info its 01282 613020 Thanks for your support enjoy Costa Del SOUL, ROMAN

Guest proudlove

Hi Carms, yes its upstairs, dancefloor laid for functions, tell me its always fine. Struck me that the place is perfect for a soulful evening, private and I know the owners from when they ran the Keirby Park hotel Burnley, always a pleasure to work with them, Steve and Natalie. envisaged as an occasional night we need to see how the first one goes, hopeI see you there. Roman

My eldest lads 18th was held there,really nice place,will have to speak to the social secretary about this one.

Steve

Cant believe this is so close for us and we cant be there!!

Were over in Spain that nite!

Its a lovely little Hotel , ive eaten and drunk there so many times ,,, literally on the doorstep for us

Goodluck Roman and team see ya at a future one! :thumbsup:

ATB

Nige B

Edited by Nige Brown

Its a lovely little Hotel , ive eaten and drunk there so many times ,,, literally on the doorstep for us

Goodluck Roman and team see ya at a future one! :huh:

ATB

Nige B

Tell me about it--Every time we went Prestwich nights we always used to stop there. Wont tell the story about me sock and the fire alarm in the room:ohmy:

Great venue, cant make this one--- but in future if ya do another:thumbsup:

Goodluck Roman and team see ya at a future one! :huh:

ATB

Nige B Hello Nige, looks like i would be ok for djs in the future , with you and Carmel, just spoke to Ginger, tells me going to old Trafford as his guest, if its as good as Turf Moor you'lle enjoy. Have a good one in Spain, Carmel too. Roman

My eldest lads 18th was held there,really nice place,will have to speak to the social secretary about this one.

Steve

Steve, called in to check premises on sunday, absoluteley top drawer, 12 rooms gone to East Lancs contingent Has sold some to St Bernadettes crew, looks like it may be possible to pay on door I would ring Wendy on 01282613020 if travelling , Roman

Fairways Lodge and Leisure Club, George st. (off Bury new rd.) Prestwich, Manchester, M25 9WS. An evening of across the board soul, xover, Northern, rare cuts, underplayed+some loved classics. The first night at this intimate venue, holds approx 125(hence tickets advised) pay on the door may be ok, not sure as its first event. Going into Halloween, Sat 30th 8 til 1 30am add. £5 tickets 01282 613020 or at St Bernadettes (oct 23) Whitefield, or Rolls Royce Barnoldswick Oct 22nd (13th annivrsary) OR HOTEL 01617981907 e mail sales @fairwayslodge.co.uk This event marks a reunion of Harry Grundy and Roman from the Prestwich nights some 12 years ago at the Woodthorpe. As its Halloween eve its fitting we have djs from Pendle Wich country, Roman Wizard of Ooze, and Billy Foster Padiham T own Hall alongside HAS, (RIGHT TRACK RADIO) AND ST. BERNADETTES, WHITEFIELD. The hotel has many features, squash,, jaccuzzi, sauna, fully equiped gym, cardovascular studio and aerobic studio(free with rooms) also beauty treatement room, massage, spray tanning. pedicures, new acrylic gel nail treatement and restaurant Rooms double£45 includes full English, quote soul 0161798 1907 but make sure you have a ticket for the event 01282 613020, As its into Halloween dress is your choice, we are hoping for a fun atmosphere with good music ATB.

[/quo

Hi Roman, this sounds like it`s going to be a good night. Never been to prestwich, but have been told there use to be a big over their once, so i think i might just bob over, and with the DJ`s from Padiham town hall their should be really good. So hopfully, fingers crossed i`ll` see you their.

Pete :thumbsup:

Guest JIM BARRY

Steve

hi steve, will try to get to this one.....is it the old village squash club?

atb jim.

Just to mention they do bar snacks as well as a restaurant upstairs plus you have a KFC on the corner as you turn off Bury New rd.... or if you are approaching from Prestwich Village there are quite a few pizza restaurants which are very good , the bombay indian is very good too :)

I do hope this is a regular event Roman cause it would be a really nice treat to walk to a venue :lol: good luck with the first and see you for the second one for sure :lol: time permitting I shall try and put some pictures of the place up for you , we will pop in there on friday for a pre costa del Sol drink or two .

Hi CARMEL, we will be doing other events at Fairways, just need to try and avoid other do's. Think the place is ideal for like minded people to enjoy both music and surroundings, music policy will settle down to match the quality of the place. Will be looking forward to meeting up with yourself and Nige at next one, have a great time at Del Soul, by the by Rolls Barnoldswick wasapacker 13 years of magical moments and amazing friendships, maybe we can bring some of that to The Fairways, see ya, Roman

Tell me about it--Every time we went Prestwich nights we always used to stop there. Wont tell the story about me sock and the fire alarm in the room:ohmy:

Great venue, cant make this one--- but in future if ya do another:thumbsup:

Jez , if I find your sock will let you know. Some folks are paying on the door those travelling should check with Wendy on 01282 613020 if they need to be sure, my gut feeling is it should be ok to pay on door, Roman

Hello Pete, sorry you won't be there for our first night, dont know what to expect myself, just think its gonna be fun, this venue will be an important one, no doubts about it. Anyone remember Dave Lynch, Idid soul night at Sedgley , either park or rugby club in 97, Dave then djd with me at soul at the Ooze before becoming a monk, happy days; Pete first night at Conny;s Whalley is on 3rd December, other does i am on at are Okeh club Keighly Nov 6th, Masonic BURNLEY, Nov 5th, and Brighouse sunday session on nov 7th , party time followed by burn out, Roman