Banbury Soul Club 7Th Anniversary. 6Th November 2010

Becket

Banbury Soul Club proudly present our 7th Anniversary bash on Saturday 6th November 2010.

Yes, 7 years of fantastic music, people, venues and fun.

We would love you all to celebrate this event with us. Put a smile back into your Soul Nite with our very own blend of friendly partying atmospheric euphoria (Phew, must have swallowed the dictionary!)

We have managed to prize, Mr. John Weston, away from his busy schedule to be with us to headline our DJ roster. You all know (Spaghetti Weston) and love his music. He will be putting together a very special set to suit all tastes on the night.

The night runs from 8pm 'til 1am and the Door Tax is £5. All the regular DJ's: $teve, Chaz, Ed and myself will be playing your favourite tunes on the night.

We want everyone to enjoy themselves - yes, you have worked hard all week so it's time to party now.

You will receive one of our free Anniversary CD's on the night; so you'll be able to carry on partying in the car on the way home.

Info / Contacts: Steve 01295 271604 , Chaz 01295 255901 , Tom 01295 270809 , Ed 01295 261796.

Location - Freemasons Hall, Marlborough Rd, Banbury. OX16 5DB.

Car Parking - use the Council parking in Calthorpe Street and around the Banbury Cross area as it is FREE. The NCP parking incurs charges 24 hrs a day.

See you at The Go-Go....................... Tom Howard (for Banbury Soul Club).

Edited by Becket
  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Evening Eddie,

I'm now working in Swindon so a trip north on the M 42 is not a problem. I have "persuaded" someone who owes me a favour to cover my 12 hr night shift on Sat 06/11 so looking forward to hearing some interesting tunes and listening to the 7th Anniversary CD on the drive back.

It'll be good to see some of the old faces from 32+ years ago :rolleyes:

See you on Sat 06/11

Dave

Edited by 2648 W Grand Boulevard
Guest ruffsounds

Looking forward to my regular foray into Banbury once again to meet up with everyone again, always a good night and lots of chat with friends plus of course the music :0).

See you all on the 6th.

cheers Ralph

Really looking forward to our 7th Anniversary at the Masonic Hall

Looking forward to meeting John Weston ( properly) rather than a nod of the head

Got some new oldies to air out on the night, which should go down well with the Banbury crowd as they always do,

And not forgetting our much sought after Anniversary CDs which you will recieve on the door

So til then 'Keep on Rocking;

Steve (BSC)

Evening Eddie,

I'm now working in Swindon so a trip north on the M 42 is not a problem. I have "persuaded" someone who owes me a favour to cover my 12 hr night shift on Sat 06/11 so looking forward to hearing some interesting tunes and listening to the 7th Anniversary CD on the drive back.

It'll be good to see some of the old faces from 32+ years ago :lol:

See you on Sat 06/11

Dave

Thanks for making the effort to come Dave , look forward to seeing you .Best wishes ,Eddie

Guest mellytee

Looking forward to my regular foray into Banbury once again to meet up with everyone again, always a good night and lots of chat with friends plus of course the music :0).

See you all on the 6th.

cheers Ralph

Hi Ralph, sorry I missed you at Lutterworth.... all thanks to CMC!!!!:lol: will catch up at the Banbury do cant wait and only days to go. May do pre drinks and chatter with girls at Coach & Horses and even some menfolk welcome (only the chosen few obviously)!:hatsoff2: 7th anniversary and free cd, yummy, should be more than good.:D Off to Towcester saturday for a warm up so may see a few there too?!

Love Melly XXX

HI GUYS,I,VE BEEN KEEPING MY EYE ON THIS SOUL NIGHT,LAST MONTH WAS A OLDIES NIGHT,IS THAT REGULAR OR ACROSS THE BOARD,JUST BEEN INTOUCH WITH MY LONG LOST DAUGHTER AND SHE LIVES IN 10 MINS FROM THE VENUE,COMING UP SOON SO KILLING 2 BIRDS WITH ONE STONE ARE MY THOUGHTS,ME AND MY BRO IAN GEE RUN KINGSWAY HALL,FOREST TOWN NORTHERN SOUL NIGHT,KTF,CARL....:hatsoff2::lol:

You missed a good night at Sonic Soul Mel.

But the Banbury anni will be as equally as good.

See you there. :thumbup:

Hi Ralph, sorry I missed you at Lutterworth.... all thanks to CMC!!!!:lol: will catch up at the Banbury do cant wait and only days to go. May do pre drinks and chatter with girls at Coach & Horses and even some menfolk welcome (only the chosen few obviously)!:thumbup: 7th anniversary and free cd, yummy, should be more than good.:D Off to Towcester saturday for a warm up so may see a few there too?!

Love Melly XXX

HI GUYS,I,VE BEEN KEEPING MY EYE ON THIS SOUL NIGHT,LAST MONTH WAS A OLDIES NIGHT,IS THAT REGULAR OR ACROSS THE BOARD,JUST BEEN INTOUCH WITH MY LONG LOST DAUGHTER AND SHE LIVES IN 10 MINS FROM THE VENUE,COMING UP SOON SO KILLING 2 BIRDS WITH ONE STONE ARE MY THOUGHTS,ME AND MY BRO IAN GEE RUN KINGSWAY HALL,FOREST TOWN NORTHERN SOUL NIGHT,KTF,CARL....:thumbup: :thumbup:

Carl, yes last month was an Oldies night but more with forgotten or unplayed 45's in mind.

You would be most welcome at our Anniversary. We will be catering for everyone's taste this time around.

There are 4 of us from Banbury Soul Club spinning discs through the Nite with John Weston spinning his bespoke set from 11-12pm.

See you on the night and make sure you introduce yourself to us please.

Cheers................. Tom (for Banbury Soul Club)

Guest ruffsounds

Hi Mel, yes as Tabs says you missed a good night at Lutterworth but i am sure Banbury will make up for it, you was missed but as you say Charlie Mcs fault as usual lol, see you at Banbury.

cheers Ralph

Carl, yes last month was an Oldies night but more with forgotten or unplayed 45's in mind.

You would be most welcome at our Anniversary. We will be catering for everyone's taste this time around.

There are 4 of us from Banbury Soul Club spinning discs through the Nite with John Weston spinning his bespoke set from 11-12pm.

AUP TOM,SORRY CAN,T MAKE THIS ONE,WOULD OF LOVE TO BEING ANNIVERSARY,MAYBE NEXT MONTH,WE MIGHT OF MET ALONG THE LINE SOMEWHERE,WEEKENDERS,SKEG,CLEETHORPES,TORQUAY,BRIDLINGTON,SCARBOROUGH,A FEW YEARS AGO USED TO DO THE DOME INLONDON,THE PICTURE ON THE THREAD IS ME,ON YOU TUBE TO CARL PIPER,WILL INTRODUCE WHEN WE GET DOWN,KTF,CARL,EMSC..:yes:

:yes:

Have a great night bandury soulies sorry i'll be in costa del sol djing , :thumbsup: hope to see you soon AND YOU'LL NO CARL WHEN HE HITS THAT DANCE FLOOR :hypo: Seeyou saturday carl at kingsway the place to be :thumbsup: soulful love and fun Sam Evans.

AUP SAM,HOPE YOU HAVE A NICE TIME IN COSTA DEL SOL,IF YOU KNOW THESE GUYS IT MUST BE A GOOD VENUE ,KTF,CARL,SEE YOU SATURDAY...:g:

Guest mellytee

You missed a good night at Sonic Soul Mel.

But the Banbury anni will be as equally as good.

See you there. :yes:

Forgotten what you look like!!!! Yes see you at the anniversary Tabs; I will wear a white rose so you can recognise me:D Melly xxx

Hi Mel,

I'm sure you will quickly remember what I look like. :g:

And roses have little pricks so be careful. :yes:

Look forward to a catch up.

xxx

Forgotten what you look like!!!! Yes see you at the anniversary Tabs; I will wear a white rose so you can recognise me:D Melly xxx

Guest Phantom janitor

Here's the flyer ...2 weeks to go and starting to get a buzz about this ....

Now Banbury Sc has moved venues is there a record bar? hoping to get rid of a few sounds

Well, going into our 7th Anniversary. We've really had some fantastic nights over the years. Meet some great people in the scene who have come and supported us. And of course we always like to get like minded DJ's in as well. This month I am pleased to say, as you all well already know, Guest DJ is John (Spaghetti) Western. Well known face in the scene. If he is not dj'ing at an event he will be supporting one. We're all really looking forward to his spot. Nice free cd to give out as you come in. Be a pleasure to see you on the night. There is a small record selling area as you come in that seems to do quite well with people selling.

Charlie Mc

(Just getting ready now to go to football. Then off to Lifeline tonight. Our Eddie from Banbury Soul Club will be starting the night. So get there nice and early, not to miss him.)

Well, going into our 7th Anniversary. We've really had some fantastic nights over the years. Meet some great people in the scene who have come and supported us. And of course we always like to get like minded DJ's in as well. This month I am pleased to say, as you all well already know, Guest DJ is John (Spaghetti) Western. Well known face in the scene. If he is not dj'ing at an event he will be supporting one. We're all really looking forward to his spot. Nice free cd to give out as you come in. Be a pleasure to see you on the night. There is a small record selling area as you come in that seems to do quite well with people selling.

Charlie Mc

(Just getting ready now to go to football. Then off to Lifeline tonight. Our Eddie from Banbury Soul Club will be starting the night. So get there nice and early, not to miss him.)

I think Eddie will be disappointed by not going for a drink with the girls first, as he usually does, but better for us him doing the early doors set, looking forward to it, records sorted and raring to go

Hi Ralph, sorry I missed you at Lutterworth.... all thanks to CMC!!!!laugh.gif will catch up at the Banbury do cant wait and only days to go. May do pre drinks and chatter with girls at Coach & Horses and even some menfolk welcome (only the chosen few obviously)!:yes: 7th anniversary and free cd, yummy, should be more than good.:ohmy: Off to Towcester saturday for a warm up so may see a few there too?!

Love Melly XXX

Sorry Mel, but Eddie wont be able to come out and play this saturday, he's DJ-ing first, but I'm sure he will more than make up for it with the superb records he's got stashed away

See you all on the 6th.

cheers Ralph

Ralph,

Had a fantastic night @ Lutterworth - loved it. I was very interested and intrigued with your early set.

We'll all be trying to give you a great nite this Saturday in return. Looking forward to catching up with you then..........

Cheers............... Tom.

Guest Pandora

Really looking forward to Saturday night. Have been to quite a few soul nights lately, but always good to catch up with the girlies for pre-drinks first for a good old gossip. Great news, I found the bracelet which I thought I had lost at Lutterworth .......... Big thanks to all those I sent on a 'wild goose chase' looking for it! Sure we will all have a fab time as normal! Starting the weekend off early tomorrow, as off with the girls for a bit of 70's watching the Stylistics.

See you on the night.

Shirley

Charlie Mc

Hi Boys,

WELL PI**ED OFF !!!

we have arranged to see Tony and Tina at Howard Mallett months ago and have already got the tickets sad.gif

It will be the first time we have missed Banbury in nearly five years,(doesn't seem that long, but it is)

but we know you will have a brilliant evening without us anyhow, hahahahahahahahaha

Have a blinder, and see you soon, hopefully at our 4th. Anniversary Night in Oxford on 11th. December.

Maz, Paul, Richie and Del.

P.S.

Charlie, Any chance of keeping a CD for me so I can copy it for the boys ?

Del.

4th. OXFORD ANNIVERSARY NIGHT with JO WALLACE,

SATURDAY, 11th. DECEMBER. 2010

Hi Boys,

WELL PI**ED OFF !!!

we have arranged to see Tony and Tina at Howard Mallett months ago and have already got the tickets :sad:

It will be the first time we have missed Banbury in nearly five years,(doesn't seem that long, but it is)

but we know you will have a brilliant evening without us anyhow, hahahahahahahahaha

Have a blinder, and see you soon, hopefully at our 4th. Anniversary Night in Oxford on 11th. December.

P.S.

Del.

What a shame you guys can't be there, you all will be definitely missed, hope you all have a great time at Howard Mallett, I sure we can arrange to keep a CD back for you,

all the best

and 'keep rocking'

Steve

Charlie Mc

Well this year has flown past, to me it feels like your 6th Anniversary night was only a few months ago!

Sorry to say I can't get to this, gutted because I always enjoy the Banbury nights (especially since you moved to the new venue) and Spaghetti is one of the best northern DJs around so it's sure to be a great night. But been really unwell recently and am still not fit enough to be going out, which is also why I missed Eddie's spot at Lifeline :lol:.

Hope you all have a great night and congrats to you guys for 7 years of succesful soul nights :thumbsup:

Adam.

PS. Charlie/Eddie....save me a cd if you can, I might not make it to Move On on the 16th but you can always leave it with Matt for me :huh:

Well this year has flown past, to me it feels like your 6th Anniversary night was only a few months ago!

Sorry to say I can't get to this, gutted because I always enjoy the Banbury nights (especially since you moved to the new venue) and Spaghetti is one of the best northern DJs around so it's sure to be a great night. But been really unwell recently and am still not fit enough to be going out, which is also why I missed Eddie's spot at Lifeline :lol:.

Hope you all have a great night and congrats to you guys for 7 years of succesful soul nights :thumbsup:

Adam.

PS. Charlie/Eddie....save me a cd if you can, I might not make it to Move On on the 16th but you can always leave it with Matt for me :huh:

Hope you feel better soon Adam , we'll save you a CD , and I'll do you a Lifeline one of my plays as well....take care mate ,Eddie

Will have to pop along as I missed the last one...:lol:

Will be strange not hooking up with Lianes but as she's moved to Wales, I don't think I can persuade her "this time"...:lol:

There will be a few nice R&B no's in my set, so that should keep you happy Sian.

We had our best crowd ever in last time, so with it also being the Anniversary it'll be rockin' from the start.

Ed kicks off and I know he'll be trying hard to emulate his successful first hour @ Lifeline last week.

Cheers.................. Tom.

Take it steady Adam.

Health has to come first mate.

Hope to see you out and about soon.

Tabs

Hope you all have a great night and congrats to you guys for 7 years of succesful soul nights :lol:

Adam.

PS. Charlie/Eddie....save me a cd if you can, I might not make it to Move On on the 16th but you can always leave it with Matt for me :lol:

AUP TOM,CHANGE OF PLAN,THEY WILL BE 6 OF US TRAVELLING FROM NOTTINGSHIRE,AS MY DAUGHTER LIVES IN BANBURY,SHE WILL JOIN US WITH HER HUSBAND AND HIS SISTER,SO SEE YOU SATURDAY,KTF,CARL,EMSC........:lol:

Edited by boxerbeat

Well Halloween was last week, but this could be more scary. :yes:

Didn't realise it was Lou's birthday.

Be great to see you all.:thumbsup:

Safe journey down.yes.gif

just packin me box really lookin forward to playing out at banbury tomorrow i will be bringing my fellow deciples with me and its mrs souls buffday:rolleyes: as well so watch out:hypo:

Hope she behaves her self i dont want to carry her out the place:lol:

I don't want her to behave, it'll be much more fun...:g:

Plus Eddie lets us be norty at Banbury...I've tried for years to get banned...:D

Sorry to say I can't get to this, gutted because I always enjoy the Banbury nights (especially since you moved to the new venue) and Spaghetti is one of the best northern DJs around so it's sure to be a great night. But been really unwell recently and am still not fit enough to be going out, which is also why I missed Eddie's spot at Lifeline :D.

Adam.

PS. Charlie/Eddie....save me a cd if you can, I might not make it to Move On on the 16th but you can always leave it with Matt for me :yes:

Hope your well soon Adam, you will miss a great night, but there will be others

All the best

Steve

Hi Boys,

WELL PI**ED OFF !!!

we have arranged to see Tony and Tina at Howard Mallett months ago and have already got the tickets sad.gif

P.S.

Del.

Have a GREAT night at Banbury Boys !!!!!!!!

Will be thinking of you,

Del.

Edited by dcsoxford
Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Right then, couple of CD's picked out for the northbound trip & last 10 minutes of the Motown show on the radio. Banbury here we come :lol:

Looking forward to a good night :thumbsup:

Dave

"If you've got Funk, you've got Style"