Bridgwater Soul Night 23 October

Guest The Driffter

Guest The Driffter

Mr and Mrs Lister have done it again ,and weve had another great night ,great line up of DJS for this well supported event down in the West Country ,music had something for everyones taste and the large contingent from Bournemouth and Sussex must have been well happy with the night ,nice to see you all again .

Please try to get a couple of extra nights in next year as 4 a year is not enough for us . Take care thanks for all your effort in running this nice friendly little club . Jeff and Carys xxx

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Glawster

Pete,Cathy how the **** are you going to follow last night!!!!!!!! it was in two famous west country words

OAR SUM!

We arrived nice and early to be greeted as usual by Cathy and Angela.

Having travelled down with Owen and Alison,the four girls had a chin wag @ the door and added some bits to the freecycle table and I set off for the bar for some long awaited Thatchers Ci! Quick chat to Pete and then set up base camp.

From base camp we hugged,kissed,shook hands with some great friends and so the night was set! Having trundled around the floor to a few choons I slipped into "what the **** is this choon mode?" from choon to choon it got better and better,hats off to these guys you keep finding top quality music and knitting them into mind boggling sets.

All too soon it was time to leave(cheers Alison for letting us stay on a bit past our agreed time)great friends whom we've had such a good time with over the past few weeks!

Too many folks to mention but lots of areas well represented,Sussex,Bournemouth,Wales,Devon,Bath and another top turnout from Glawstershire too.

Didnt do a lot off pic clicking last night either,I just got so into the choonage!

Soz missed yer 2nd set Pete but it goes without saying it would have been the Dogs do das!

BRIDGWATER SOUL NIGHTS = THE GEM OF THE WEST COUNTRY

If you've never been,get down there!

Great Night as always, well organised with a top choice of DJ's for the night. The spectrum of music was across the board and seemed to keep everyone happy. It seems that the numbers increase everytime and this is down to the friendly promoters. Great to meet up with old friends and new from all over the country, this is how successful the night is! keep the faith and bring on the next one!

Thanks for the posts already chaps - much appreciated .

Big thanks to Nige, Steve, and Mick for their efforts last night . I think they got the message how much they were appreciated.

And to the most important people, who attended, travelled, paid in, and continue to support us - many many thanks .

You're why we do this .

As far as the dancing area floor is concerned, I'm aware it needs to be improved . As I said in the pre event notices, I needed to show we can do a night without talc, for me to get my bookings agreed for 2011 on the new [ to be laid ] new dancefloor.

I'll now be having conversations with ' the management ' and we'll see where we go from here .

Watch this space .

Thanks again

pete lyster

Pete, I really enjoyed the night, a great mix of tunes from all of the DJ's. A great night and atmosphere at one of my favourite soul venues. No pretensions, grandeur just sock it to you soul music. Got to say thanks to Mick H for playing King George for me and dedicating the Dynamics too. Also got in flourescent smog too. Great to catch up with so many folk from the South West, South Wales, Moldie and crew, Leon, Ian and so many others. In the end Des had to Physically remove me from the premises. Well beats being maround in deeper Somerset, Mmm not so sure there , Lol:lol: .

Mike

Guest soulfulrosa

What a cracking night at Bridgewaterthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif.

This has to be one ( if not THE ) best organised.. well run .. friendly...and just darn good soul nights around ! IMHOrolleyes.gif

Excellent sets from all the DJ`s... who clearly kept the floor full.

Thank you Pete and Cathy..... for all your hard work in making this event so enjoyable.

this was the second half of a very soulful weekend and with 14 other bridgwater virgins we arrived at the venue..a very warm welcome indeed by cathy,angela and pete

the venue was already filling up nicely as we entered the room and it was great to see lotsa faces we knew...nige graham was

behind the decks and my better half really enjoyed his set..as did i...next up was steve guarnori and this man is pure class

by now the place was getting very busy and just as well as mick h took to the decks..these 30 minute sets seem to go so quick so in no time at all

pete lyster was doing his bit....there were travellers from all over in the venue by now and dancefloor space was in short supply

nige graham was soon doing his second spot and once again carol and i really enjoyed it...one of the lads with us was celebrating his birthday

so the drinks were flowing in large quantities...happy birthday bill...bloody hell that cake was hot....steve guarnori took to

the decks for his second set and he never dissappoints and nor did mick h with his second set...the night ended with pete lyster

filling the floor right till the very last tune....

all in all an excellent night and definately worth the 300 miles round trip....always great to see ppl like matt,chris and lou,martin and sue,mike eskins,leon brown,nick hackett..julie and kev

dave and viv,andy and tracy,mick lloyd and his mrs and of course all those that came down in our group...sorry if i missed anyone

highs of the night

quality venue.....hosts...music and company...the after event party back at the travelodge...thanks to danny and mandy for

the sarnies and crisps etc

lows of the night

it came to an end

once again many thanks to pete and cathy lyster for helping make it a super night

you tube to follow asap

regards moldie

Edited by Guest

an excellent nite indeed!!...big thanx to pete and cathy and the 3 guest djs so many top tunes and enough in demanders,classics and "WTFis this?" moments to keep everyone happy....

lyne taite...baby huey and the babysitters (what a name!)...tommy bush...jt parker...antellects...etc etc etc!...highlight was probably nige graham kickin off with little richard WOW !! instant floorfiller.....to be honest didnt care about the talc ban the music was so good could have danced on gravel...

think this was possibly the best one yet...but hold on ....think i said that last time!!!

and to top it all bought 3 crackin tunes off des parker...had no deck so his recommendation was plenty good enuff...thanx mate you defo know my taste

gotta work this weekend so could be a rest before a very busy november...go go children...hip hug her...cafe a go go...soulfusion....woot ton hall alnighter...the south west is mighty soulful and long may they all continue

dean:D

Edited by spacehopper
Guest steph murphy

Crackin' night grommit! If anyone reading these reviews who hasn't attended, yet gets the chance, come to Bridgwater Soul Night. You WONT be disappointed.

Great music all night, something for everyone in there.

The issue of dancefloors and venue sizes can be a problem as I found out recently with the The Bancourt Hotel, but hey, people will have a great time I think even if they were outside dancing on my decking with that DJ line up .

Good job Pete and Cathy. Who loves ya baby!!!

Guest Angela Lawrence

Blimey what a crackin' night! Cathy and Pete know how to put a party on. Numbers were up,I guess everyone is hearing about the warm and friendly atmosphere at this venue as well as the truly " across the board" music policy. Well done to Nige, Steve, Mick and Pete for keeping the dancefloor moving from seven thirty till one am. with a selection of music from classic soul to cutting allnighter tunes. It has to be said , the dancers dont run for cover when the djs play somthing they might not have heard before so well done them too! xx

Really glad to have been given the opportunity to spin at Bridgwater. It is one of the friendliest soul nights in the country. :thumbup:

On Saturday we heard everything from "Just walk in my shoes", Rita & Tiaras, Harvey Averne Dozen through to Fluorescent Smogg, and The Celebrities.

Big thumbsup :thumbup:

Steve

Guest andrew bin

top night again, great to see the place full and the dance floor rammed, well deserved for a fantastic club run by two genuine great people:yes: , the music as usual was second to none definitely some thing for all tastes but with a line up like that you wouldn't have expected any thing else :yes: high lights for me where Steve G's two spots (top notch) Nige playing Del Davis and Pete's new acquisition (can't remember artist or title and i was sober ):thumbsup:

great to see so many new faces and travelers (and i don't mean gypos)

roll on the next one :g: