30Th October: Maceo Parker + Craig Charles Funk & Soul Club @ Band On The Wall / Mcr

Guest Northern Groove

Guest Northern Groove

Hi all, this is my first post on this fantastic forum. I am a promoter based in the North. This is my blog: https://www.northerngroove.co.uk/

Anyhow, I hope to tell you of the soul, funk and jazz events that I'm helping to spread the word about.

Regards

Dan NG

30th October: Maceo Parker + Craig Charles Funk & Soul Club @ Band on the Wall / Mcr

CraigCharles_MaceoParker_final.jpg

A Craig Charles Funk 'n' Soul Club special as Band on the Wall presents Maceo Parker - one of the world's finest live performers with full backing band in what must be a major highlight of the season. A truly incredible artist who dazzles and thrills audiences wherever he and his amazing backing band play. Followed by actor and DJ Craig Charles playing the finest funk into the early hours. The perfect night out at The Band.

"Quite simply, there is no better living showman than Maceo Parker. Catching one of the alto sax maestro's...shows is a truly transcendent experience for any fan of funk, jazz, hip-hop, R&B and soul: His performances are never disappointing, always worth the money, and a funky, funky good time." Westword

"The baddest alto sax in R&B/funk history is back! Parker, sax god in James Brown's great 1960s band, blows euphorically throughout with his sizzling, blues-rich tone. With terse horn riffs, punchy and rippling bass, snapping drums, chunky guitar, and BBQ-flavored Hammond organ, this is hard funk, boys and girls, of the kind Sly, Funkadelic, the Fatback Band, War, and Soul Bro #1 served up hot in the '70s." At The Soundless Dawn

"The audience singing and swaying like trees in a hurricane...Maceo is in the House...blowing a tempest." Seattle Times

Ticket allows free entry to Craig Charles Funk 'n' Soul Club after concert.

30th October. The concert will begin at 9pm. Picturehouse Cafe Bar open for delicious meals and drinks from 5.30pm.

Tickets: https://bandonthewall.org/events/2881/

Tel: 0845 2 500 500

• Replies 0
  • Views 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply