Swish's Soul Quiz

Guest Swish

Neither Smokey or Matchy ever smoked Steve For someone of your calibre not knowing that I've just got to dock a point..............sorry.

All the rest of your answers are correct but there is a better answer to the wearing a tie at Blackpool Mecca question..

I love the Benzedrex inhaler answer.

Because of that I shall award you a bonus point.

You score a comfy 6 points.

With more elaboration you could have done better.

MUST TRY HARDER!

Matchie always said that he was enough of a short arse without smoking stunting his growth :thumbsup:

Malc

Social source share

• Replies 104
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Sue, honey, Tamworth all ready answered but you are partly right. half a point.

Stella dex question already answered as well but you are right and its obvious you havent looked or you would know the Tamworth answer. too. 1 point.

As 10 Dominoes were so much better than Ponderax, I'll give you a point.

Dex ten you dont know. NIL POINTS

Blackpool is right but has already been answered. No one has got the other city yet.

Sue you score 2 and a half points (Christ I am so soft!)

Hello Swish,

Interesting quiz, an old scooter of mine had a 'Twisted Wheel' it happened in Glasgow?

Best regards Jimmy Welsh.

Social source share

Guest roggert

Yes Sue batteries is right. Theres more than one answer though. Perhaps 3 more.

Nicre answer though 1 point.

Nice joke about Little Willie! Nil points.

Good joke about Camel Walk. but wrong. NIL POINTS.

Total 1 point.

However both other answers put a big smile on my face and reminded me how lovely you can be when on form.

So cos I'm a softy I'll give you 2 points more.

However you had no need to put "JOKE" after you made a joke about Camel walk cos obviously I know its a joke.

So I've got to deduct a point there.

Oh, go on I'll award you 2 points in total.

destroyed many discs with discotron the b side scratched to fook if you ejected early, broke centre if on usa disc take out the green ballsdex tens also had asprin inalso known as american yellows,also rare type known as prels fooked your brain .prescribed duramine capsand tenuate dospan from 1968-70loved em at 35pence per presciption!! the little willie (good mate )all 6 foot of him.and i found larry lightning a nice bloke =until gear came alongand it suddenly became his and his alone.twisted wheel in blackpool had 1 alniter but cant remember another one

Social source share

Guest roggert

benzedrex -not how easy to take but how long to get rid of the horrendous stench out of your nose before and after you vomited the paper soaked with chemicals itried soaking with vodka ,boiling in onions and drinking shows how desperate for a good block up you could get

Social source share

benzedrex -not how easy to take but how long to get rid of the horrendous stench out of your nose before and after you vomited the paper soaked with chemicals itried soaking with vodka ,boiling in onions and drinking shows how desperate for a good block up you could get

Tried a multitude of ways when necking the Devil's Tampon , but I have to admit boiling them in onions was never one of them laugh.gif

Malc

Social source share

Tried a multitude of ways when necking the Devil's Tampon , but I have to admit boiling them in onions was never one of them :huh:

Malc

Taking of the Devils Tampon reminds of Ephedrine I used to get 100 for a few quid bloody awful, but could never face a weekend without gear even if it was poison.........

Social source share

Taking of the Devils Tampon reminds of Ephedrine I used to get 100 for a few quid bloody awful, but could never face a weekend without gear even if it was poison.........

100 for a couple of quid ? you should have got to " know " a girl who worked in a chemists , however many branches she had hit on her way down :thumbsup: .

I will be coming to York with Donnelly on the 27th : remind me to regail you then with a tale about Ephedrine .

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Surely the stairs at the Cats went "Up and Down" depending on whether you were "Coming or Going?"

Chalkies were so shite you would nearly consider going straight!!! Nearly but never quite!!!

Queen of Fools. Did John Manship have a White British Demo supposedly from the BBC Radio archives? Mid 70's. Not sure if I remember this correctly or it could have been the effect of some of the previously mentioned substances!!!

Social source share

Surely the stairs at the Cats went "Up and Down" depending on whether you were "Coming or Going?"

Chalkies were so shite you would nearly consider going straight!!! Nearly but never quite!!!

Queen of Fools. Did John Manship have a White British Demo supposedly from the BBC Radio archives? Mid 70's. Not sure if I remember this correctly or it could have been the effect of some of the previously mentioned substances!!!

There was a Queen of Fools issue with "return to BBC library" stamped on it but i dont think Mr Manship ever owned it,unless there were more than one copy.

Social source share

Did Smokey or Matchy ever smoke?...................................Yes

How easy was it to jump the train to Crewe from Sheffield?...............................Easy

How hard was it to swallow a benzedrex inhaler on a train|?.............................Easier to swallow the train

How much danger where you in, roughly, if Larry Lightning knew you had just done a chemist?..................Shit loads

How did you get into Blackpool Mecca without a tie?.......................Take your belt off and wear it as a tie

Whats the difference between Alan Day and Johnny Day?................Johnny Day was good lookingand Alan Day errm.........wasn't

Did more than 76 people go to the 76 club?................Yep,was packed when I went.

Steve.

Talking of Larry Stave i was told just the other week that Larry and some of his mates who drink in the Neptune were refused entry to a recent Derby home match.Dont forget that Larry is around the 60 mark

Social source share

100 for a couple of quid ? you should have got to " know " a girl who worked in a chemists , however many branches she had hit on her way down :hatsoff2: .

I will be coming to York with Donnelly on the 27th : remind me to regail you then with a tale about Ephedrine .

Malc

Great news should be a good night will play George Carrow

another story acid and Northern Soul dont mix lol

Social source share

Guest proudlove

Talking of Larry Stave i was told just the other week that Larry and some of his mates who drink in the Neptune were refused entry to a recent Derby home match.Dont forget that Larry is around the 60 mark

Doesn't suprise me at all............the Police and Football clubs are very very hot on football shall we say "characters" irrespective of age and attitude...................

Social source share

Benzedrex inhalers were shite to swallow anywhere

MH - closed at 5 to allow newspapers to be delivered and sorted there

Chalkies - only had once, thought they were shite

I dont think ANY allnighters were ever held at Cats

Baby Reconsider went for £5 quid in 1970, I remember Dave Godin going on about in his column in Blues and Soul, but having now read other answers I'm probably wrong DUH

Benzedrine were intoxcant if I remember correctly....took enough of them Swish, AND I'd forgotten all about them till you reminded me about that time at Market Harbourough:thumbsup:

* Green and Clears ANYTIME

Cigarette Ashes (B side of Tripps is brilliant though Love cant be modernised, at least it is on the boot copy I have) a

Bletsoe were in a barn on a farm and you got shit on your shoes/Martins whatever

Queen of fools is and was a Country and Western track

Edited by DanDare
Social source share

there were allnighters at Cats weren't there? I'm sure I was there all night. but maybe I'm wrong

Sue

Benzedrex inhalers were shite to swallow anywhere

MH - closed at 5 to allow newspapers to be delivered and sorted there

Chalkies - only had once, thought they were shite

I dont think ANY allnighters were ever held at Cats

Baby Reconsider went for £5 quid in 1970, I remember Dave Godin going on about in his column in Blues and Soul, but having now read other answers I'm probably wrong DUH

Benzedrine were intoxcant if I remember correctly....took enough of them Swish, AND I'd forgotten all about them till you reminded me about that time at Market Harbourough:thumbsup:

* Green and Clears ANYTIME

Cigarette Ashes (B side of Tripps is brilliant though Love cant be modernised, at least it is on the boot copy I have) a

Bletsoe were in a barn on a farm and you got shit on your shoes/Martins whatever

Queen of fools is and was a Country and Western track

Social source share

NO HALLUCIGENICS MIX WITH NORTHERN SOUL, THE MUSIC IS A REAL DOWNER MAN:yes: HERES A THOUGHT, DROP A TRIP AND GO TO AN ALLNIGHTER, DEFFO WOULD NOT BE FAR OUT AND SOLID:no:

Social source share

Guest mickmac

Hi Gilly,

I think Larry originally got banned from the Baseball ground, after following Ron Atkinson into the changing room to give him a piece of his mind. It was after DCFC had played Aston Villa, so it was a while ago. Looks like it was a life ban!!!!

Regards

Mac

Social source share

I got carried away on another thread and suddenly realised I was spoiling the thread.

Sorry.

So have a go at this rather difficult quiz.

Some answers are straightforward, some are cryptic, some are just a matter of opinion.

Did Smokey or Matchy ever smoke?-NO

What colour were delipsoids?- What colour were Green & .

What was stimplene?- Window cleaner

How easy was it to jump the train to Crewe from Sheffield?- Almost impossible from Croydon

How hard was it to swallow a benzedrex inhaler on a train|?-Very (if you couldn't be arsed to break the plastic off)

What type of engine pulled the train from Manchester to Crewe?-A northern one

How much danger where you in, roughly, if Larry Lightning knew you had just done a chemist?-What Larry (pussy) lightning?

Why did Market Harborough have to shut at 5.a.m?-Because Harborough is a mythical place that only appears once every hundred years

How did you get into Blackpool Mecca without a tie?-In drag

How many sounds at Blackpool Mecca were dynamite and how many were shit?- 103 V 52

Did Kegsy where smart kegs?-Doubtful

Whats the difference between Alan Day and Johnny Day?-24 little hours

Did more than 76 people go to the 76 club? -3 more attended in 79

Did CHAMPION by Willie |Mitchell ever exist as a single before it was re-issued on UK London?- YES

Whats unusual about Errol Dixon---I want?- He never really tells you why he doesn't want her & the Hoops better anyway

PART 2 SHORTLY

Social source share

I got carried away on another thread and suddenly realised I was spoiling the thread.

Sorry.

Some answers are straightforward, some are cryptic, some are just a matter of opinion.

Did Smokey or Matchy ever smoke? NO

What colour were delipsoids? Yellow I think

What was stimplene? Liquid methamphet

How easy was it to jump the train to Crewe from Sheffield? If it went via Derby, anywhere

How hard was it to swallow a benzedrex inhaler on a train|? Sad fuck

What type of engine pulled the train from Manchester to Crewe? Diesel, big one, depends on the train!

How much danger where you in, roughly, if Larry Lightning knew you had just done a chemist? Not a lot if you'd swallowed and sold the gear, though remember being at a fmates flat in Bloxwich one Sat morning when H (a girl) knocked on the door offering gear, needless to say I was sent to score, brill had everything and left her with the dex and blues. wonderful weekend for all of us.

Reality check, monday at work , went to Jimmys at unch to tke the edge off, walked in and low and behold there was Larry and that guy Dave with a beard (goatee) from Widenss, always in the Mr M's passage, first question, where's our gear, respose, didn't know it was yours so I swallowed it and sold the rest, third, knecked the beer and ran, no problem after that.

Why did Market Harborough have to shut at 5.a.m? Did it, never realised

How did you get into Blackpool Mecca without a tie? Used my shoe lace

How many sounds at Blackpool Mecca were dynamite and how many were shit? Few

Did Kegsy where smart kegs? ?????

Whats the difference between Alan Day and Johnny Day? Are you talking about the brothers or the Johnny Day from Mansfield

Did more than 76 people go to the 76 club? Yes

Did CHAMPION by Willie |Mitchell ever exist as a single before it was re-issued on UK London? Don't know

Whats unusual about Errol Dixon---I want?

PART 2 SHORTLY

Social source share

did the stairs to the Cats go up or down? depends where you where

how could you tell the difference between real 2 tone pinks and false ones? real had powder inde, false had spnsules was a strong barb

Was Little Willy really little? No, he was tall and kept gear in his afro, last saw him in Newcastle upon Tyne working as a stockbroker and didn't want to know

Are chalkies shite or not? Make you shit

Which is rarer, Out on the floor on Thunderbird or Beautiful Night on Parlophone issue? tell me

Why was the Camel walk so called?

How many allnighters were held at the Cats?

Who else sung PERSONALLY apart from Bobby Paris?

Which is Dean Parish's only known instrumental?

Why did my stolen stateside Demos DO WHAT YOURE SUPPOSED TO DO-3 DEGREES and BET YOU WIN TYRONE DAVIS turn up in Steve Glover's box a week later? Ask Fiak

Whatever happened to the brilliant guy Wacker from Market Harborough?

Why were Dex ten called Dex ten?

What colour were stella dex?Blue

Which colour beads did you painstakingly take out to make them work?

There were 2 other twisted Wheels apart from Manchester but where?

How much did BABY RECONSIDER-LEON HAYWOOD sell for in 1970? 50p on Jeffs stall in Leicester

What was unusual about Tamworth train station that made it so easy to jump trains? 2 evels and 2 different lines

What was the artificial drug called in Benzedrex inhalers? Ephedrine

Would you rather have 8 green & clears, 25 duromin, 30 ponderax, 12 bluies, 15 daps, 17 chalkies, 7 red and browns, or 10 dominoes or a real massive special curry from the chinky with fried rice?

Making the caluclation

8 g&c's = 160mg

25 duomin amphet substitute , not worth talking abot

Ponderax no known use to block

12 blues 60mg

15 dap, brill if you mix with something else like more blues(mix of dex and drinamyl)

Make you shit, not then illegay and a good initial block

7 red and browns 210 mg of spansule Durophet

If you mean black and whites 150 gm of Durophet ace

Net result. as many as I could get

More soon

Social source share

Well Smokey, my mate, at various times i've seen him smokin'......boilin'......and even on fire!!!....however thats nothing to do with the inhalation of tobbaco.

post-5897-0-06597100-1289715568_thumb.jp

But as my best man 2 months ago, he was coolin' out

Brilliant quiz mate, bought a smile, as well as memories

Social source share

Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death"

The amphetamines are potent psychomotor stimulants. Their use causes a release of the excitatory neurotransmitters dopamine and noradrenaline (norepinephrine) from storage vesicles in the CNS. Amphetamines may be sniffed, swallowed, snorted or injected. They induce exhilarating feelings of power, strength, energy, self-assertion, focus and enhanced motivation. The need to sleep or eat is diminished. The release of dopamine typically induces a sense of aroused euphoria which may last several hours: unlike cocaine, amphetamine is not readily broken down by the body. Feelings are intensified. The user may feel he can take on the world.

The euphoria doesn't last. There follows an intense mental depression and fatigue. Amphetamine depletes the neuronal stores of dopamine in the mesolimbic pleasure centres of the brain.

Amphetamine is structurally related to ephedrine, a natural stimulant found in plants of the genus Ephedra. It is also structurally related to adrenaline, the body's "fight or flight" hormone. Amphetamine was first synthesised by Edeleano in Germany in 1887, but it only entered clinical medicine in the late 1920s when its psychostimulant effect was recognised. The US medical and pharmaceutical establishment was worried that supplies of ephedra in faraway China would be exhausted. Amphetamine promised a cheap and synthetic substitute. Like ephedrine, amphetamine dilates the bronchial small sacs of the lungs, a great blessing for sufferers from breathing disorders. So in 1932, Smith, Kline and French introduced the famous Benzedrine Inhaler. stimulant found in

Amphetamine sulphate was aggressively marketed for asthmatics, hay-fever sufferers and anyone with a cold. Amphetamine was soon available in pill form too. "Pep pills" were sold over the counter for all manner of ailments. Doctors prescribed amphetamine for depression, Parkinson's disease, epilepsy, travel-sickness, night-blindness, hyperactive disorders of children, obesity, narcolepsy, impotence, and apathy in old age. Soldiers on both sides in World War Two consumed millions of amphetamine tablets. This practice sometimes caused states of quasi-psychotic aggression in the combatants.

From 1942, Hitler received daily methamphetamine injections from his quack doctor Morell. This corrupted his judgement, undermined his health and probably changed the course of the War. 'Ice' is recrystalised methamphetamine hydrochloride, a potent stimulant. Ice will dissolve in water and break down to smaller particles. It generally takes the form of clear crystallised chunks. Ice induces a profound sense of euphoria in the user by blocking the reuptake, and stimulating the release, of dopamine and noradrenaline in the central nervous system. Ice is a "power drug". Methamphetamine use is typically followed by prolonged depression and fatigue. In contrast to base cocaine, smoking meth will extend its effects for up to 24 hrs per ingestion. Smoked in a base form, meth is unappetisingly known on the street as SNOT. It can only be smoked. SNOT gets its name on account of its resemblance to the natural product of the same name. It is very addictive

Social source share

Guest roggert

100 for a couple of quid ? you should have got to " know " a girl who worked in a chemists , however many branches she had hit on her way down :thumbsup: .

Malc

sorry just spent 20 mins writing about ephedrine then realised someone in the above panel had written all i the same stuff already next time i will read ALL the repliesbut methamphet in liquid form -not produced for a while -was a favourite in the 60s but injected burned holes through the brain so we ued to dilute it in a bottle of coke ,which was a brilliant cover as no one ever searched cokeacola bottles at the wheel .only trouble was a massive weight lossBIG loss, you came out next morning like you spent a year in auschwitz concentration camp and vitually unable to talk in english in fact any language!!Methadrine -couldnt think of its name pure distilled ampheta-evil but what a fucking good block up !

Edited by roggert
Social source share

Guest roggert

Sorry.

Did Smokey or Matchy ever smoke?

What colour were delipsoids?

What was stimplene?

How easy was it to jump the train to Crewe from Sheffield?

How hard was it to swallow a benzedrex inhaler on a train|?

What type of engine pulled the train from Manchester to Crewe?

How much danger where you in, roughly, if Larry Lightning knew you had just done a chemist?

Why did Market Harborough have to shut at 5.a.m?

How did you get into Blackpool Mecca without a tie?

How many sounds at Blackpool Mecca were dynamite and how many were shit?

Did Kegsy where smart kegs?

Whats the difference between Alan Day and Johnny Day?

Did more than 76 people go to the 76 club?

Did CHAMPION by Willie |Mitchell ever exist as a single before it was re-issued on UK London?

Whats unusual about Errol Dixon---I want?

PART 2 SHORTLY

quick quiz question ===== which northern soul /twisted wheel record was banned by the bbc in 1966

Social source share

quick quiz question ===== which northern soul /twisted wheel record was banned by the bbc in 1966

I would not call it a NS record - more a " club " one - but it was Roy C " Shotgun Wedding "

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Questions

· What was on the wall near the Dj at the Top Twenty Oldham

· The coffee bar at The Junction Crew played cartoons what was the cartoon

· Who supported Donny Elbert when he appeared The Junction Crew

· How much was a coffee at the Dolphin

· Which artist lost (got their shoes pinched)at the boulevard Tadcater road

· What's the milligram of Black and Whites?

· The Central Leeds what record got played the most.

Social source share

Guest miss nancy

Questions

[/quote

Not sure about what got played the most at the Central but always heard - Isley Bros - Tell Me its Just a Rumour, Ronnie McNeir - Sitting in my class and Swish always played Domino and Let her go always got played a lot

Social source share

Hello Swish,

Interesting quiz, an old scooter of mine had a 'Twisted Wheel' it happened in Glasgow?

Best regards Jimmy Welsh.

Hi all,

Ive been involved with other things so been away for a while. Also no matter how i try i can't change my temporary password (which runs out every few days ) to a new one.

Jimmy there may well have been one in Glasgow, but the one I mean was headed up that way.

They may not have played Northern there. Dunno.

Social source share

Hi Gilly,

I think Larry originally got banned from the Baseball ground, after following Ron Atkinson into the changing room to give him a piece of his mind. It was after DCFC had played Aston Villa, so it was a while ago. Looks like it was a life ban!!!!

Regards

Mac

Larry will be 67 or 68 now. It's us lot whom are around the 60 mark.

And yes I heard he got banned from Derby County at one point. I never really knew why.

Social source share

Guest roggert

I would not call it a NS record - more a " club " one - but it was Roy C " Shotgun Wedding "

Malc

little hank -bang bang man= due to sexual references eg , got my pistol in my hand etc.

Social source share

little hank -bang bang man= due to sexual references eg , got my pistol in my hand etc.

Call it one each / a draw then :thumbsup: .

I had completely forgotten about the ban of " MBBM " .

Malc

Social source share

hi Swish, Pete Dillon here. just a thought, was the other Wheel in Carlisle ?also on the football thing with Larry. I was at Elland Road once and a mob of Man.City came round the corner and at the front were Rob Slater & Phil Holt from Barnsley! both in berets and sunglasses too haha ..was really weird. Just been thinking back to those nights we used to go back to yer mums flat in Halton Moor after the Central..and do you remember that bike shop with all the uk 45's in boxes at the back?

Social source share

hi Swish, Pete Dillon here. just a thought, was the other Wheel in Carlisle ?also on the football thing with Larry. I was at Elland Road once and a mob of Man.City came round the corner and at the front were Rob Slater & Phil Holt from Barnsley! both in berets and sunglasses too haha ..was really weird. Just been thinking back to those nights we used to go back to yer mums flat in Halton Moor after the Central..and do you remember that bike shop with all the uk 45's in boxes at the back?

Hi Pete Dillon!

yes it was in Carlisle. How the f*** did you know that.

Blimey Rob Slater and Phil Holt with Man City........Never......(both passed away now? I s that right?Sure i remember the bike shop with all the mint 45's in boxes. Near The Shaftesbury wasn't it? I think it was.

Social source share

The train to Crewe was an electric four coach kinda thing. The same ones were used on the slow train to Stoke. I remember they had these really comfy ,bouncy seats that when going over the points would bounce you merrily up and down, If you were buzzin it would make you fall about with laughter.

Well sometimes it was an express passenger train pulled by a bright blue electric locomotive.

As for those electric four coach kinda thingys, I was once on one (and on one!) with John Hill and he opened the fucking door to let some air in or some mad reason. The door immediately swung out and banged itself aginst the side of the train.

So he tries leaning out to pull it back and aks me to help him.

F*** right off says me and left him to it. I don't lean out of 80mph trains to pull doors back even when smashed out of my mind. I leave those things to Sherlock Holmes, and them actors in THE 39 steps.

Mind you they do it without gear, brave men!

Social source share

Guest roggert

Hi Pete Dillon!

Blimey Rob Slater and Phil Holt with Man City........Never......(both passed away now? I s that right?Sure i remember the bike shop with all the mint 45's in boxes. Near The Shaftesbury wasn't it? I think it was.

rob slater an excellent fellow we got a lift from wigan one morning and the guy who whose car we were in was saying he was a builder-rob who was unemployed at the time asked the southern builder if in broad barnsley "dustha need enny wukkers cos ahm a reet wukker sithee , the guy thought we werefrom another country,until some one translated!

Social source share

rob slater an excellent fellow we got a lift from wigan one morning and the guy who whose car we were in was saying he was a builder-rob who was unemployed at the time asked the southern builder if in broad barnsley "dustha need enny wukkers cos ahm a reet wukker sithee , the guy thought we werefrom another country,until some one translated!

roggert

You are Derek Prigmore. yes?

Social source share

Thank you so much for this thread,Swish,l go back to it a lot,and never fails to make me giggle!! Once again ta!!! :D

You are welcome webbydublin

Glad you like it

Social source share

Questions

Dunno never went there

They can't have played the sane cartoon constantly, surely. I seem to remember a cat.

Dunno

Dunno

12 and a half?

If it was me DJ'ng well I always finished with EDYIE GORME EVERYBODY GO HOME.

Social source share

Not sure about what got played the most at the Central but always heard - Isley Bros - Tell Me its Just a Rumour, Ronnie McNeir - Sitting in my class and Swish always played Domino and Let her go always got played a lot

i wonder if anyone has ever played Domino since then. Coincidentally Dominoes were the nickname for black and whites about which Snitch has asked the question above. We used to sing: Theres no need for argument, no argument atall , OH OH DOMINOES! Don't really know what the song was about otherwise LOL!

Social source share

This is to shelley

He/she replied to my questions as below:

did the stairs to the Cats go up or down? depends where you where

Already been said

how could you tell the difference between real 2 tone pinks and false ones? real had powder inde, false had spnsules was a strong barb

Glad you answered this but werent the barb ones made by RIKER? Not the other way round as you would expect?

Was Little Willy really little? No, he was tall and kept gear in his afro, last saw him in Newcastle upon Tyne working as a stockbroker and didn't want to know

Shame he didnt want to know. Looked after me good style once in the Cats when I had acid put in my drink

Are chalkies shite or not? Make you shit

Chakies used ti give me extreme stomach ache. I'd have anything rather than them

Which is rarer, Out on the floor on Thunderbird or Beautiful Night on Parlophone issue? tell me

I dunno.. I only ever seen one copy of OUT ON THE FLOOR on THUNDERBIRD. i MAYBE SEEN 2 COPIES OF beautiful night.

Why was the Camel walk so called?

Cos you danced wuth hands in front as if to resemble a camel's head.

How many allnighters were held at the Cats?

I think there was only one, on the very last night.

Who else sung PERSONALLY apart from Bobby Paris?

Already been answered

Which is Dean Parish's only known instrumental?

See if anyone else knows this

Why did my stolen stateside Demos DO WHAT YOURE SUPPOSED TO DO-3 DEGREES and BET YOU WIN TYRONE DAVIS turn up in Steve Glover's box a week later? Ask Fiak

WHAT A BRILLIANT F*** ANSWER THAT IS. Its probably the right answer as well.

Whatever happened to the brilliant guy Wacker from Market Harborough?

Anybody know?

Why were Dex ten called Dex ten?

What colour were stella dex?Blue

I think they were red and clear but I arent sure. They were not blue though.

.Which colour beads did you painstakingly take out to make them work?

Maybe the balls you took out were blue. Not sure

There were 2 other twisted Wheels apart from Manchester but where?

How much did BABY RECONSIDER-LEON HAYWOOD sell for in 1970? 50p on Jeffs stall in Leicester

REALLY?

What was unusual about Tamworth train station that made it so easy to jump trains? 2 evels and 2 different lines

Already answered but right

What was the artificial drug called in Benzedrex inhalers? Ephedrine

It was proplyhexedrine and Malc got that one

Would you rather have 8 green & clears, 25 duromin, 30 ponderax, 12 bluies, 15 daps, 17 chalkies, 7 red and browns, or 10 dominoes or a real massive special curry from the chinky with fried rice?

Making the caluclation

8 g&c's = 160mg

25 duomin amphet substitute , not worth talking abot

Ponderax no known use to block

12 blues 60mg

15 dap, brill if you mix with something else like more blues(mix of dex and drinamyl)

Make you shit, not then illegay and a good initial block

7 red and browns 210 mg of spansule Durophet

If you mean black and whites 150 gm of Durophet ace

Net result. as many as I could get

GREAT ANSWER LOL!

More soon

Will I be able to figure out who you are if I look at your other posts?

• add.png

Social source share

Swish, I have a head full of strange facts, trouble is, very little else.haha. Seem to remember Denis Billingham mentioning it one time! I knew Rob had passed way, but didnt know Phil had. Also Steve Midgley ?

Yes the shop was next to the Shaftbury, got knocked down later. Always wondered what happened to all the 45's. or did you have em all away ? UK Columbias, HMV'S & Statesides if I remember correctly..how are you anyway ?

Hi Pete Dillon!

Social source share

Hi Swish, how are doing mate?

got a good question for you, thought I'd turn the tables.. What was the planned name of the label Dave Godin was going to launch before the Right On label.? and what 70's uk label design was almost identical(to the point where they must have stolen his idea or he gave them it! )

also what was the proposed first release going to be?

Pete Dillon

Edited by oscar toney
Social source share

OK Ive been itching to join in.

Was it 444 and Black Mother Goose, Sam Nesbit? -- played early UTJ Crewe? Also was another scheduled by some bird ? Memory's failing me now but I can remember 7r&bs kick 8 g&cs into the long grass!

Another great thread incidentally Swishy

Social source share

yes well done..444 label. sam nesbitt-Black Mother Goose. not aware of any other planned release so that would be worth finding out..The label design was almost identical to Black Magic ! only in the colour scheme of the Right On label..I actually had a promo label , given to me by Dave Godin. until I loaned it to someone at the Central all-nighter to get a badge design done and never saw him or the label again! red & browns did it for me too.

OK Ive been itching to join in.

Was it 444 and Black Mother Goose, Sam Nesbit? -- played early UTJ Crewe? Also was another scheduled by some bird ? Memory's failing me now but I can remember 7r&bs kick 8 g&cs into the long grass!

Another great thread incidentally Swishy

Social source share

Swish, I have a head full of strange facts, trouble is, very little else.haha. Seem to remember Denis Billingham mentioning it one time! I knew Rob had passed way, but didnt know Phil had. Also Steve Midgley ?

Yes the shop was next to the Shaftbury, got knocked down later. Always wondered what happened to all the 45's. or did you have em all away ? UK Columbias, HMV'S & Statesides if I remember correctly..how are you anyway ?

Yes Pete mint Statesides etc. Never got many Northern though, most of em were shite.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!