Swish's Soul Quiz

Guest Swish

Sue you are right. Neither ever smoked. Steve is Wrong.

I don't understand Stokes=Smokey. Please explain.

I'm giving you 2 points for knowing an answer that Proudlove got wrong.

Much Love

swish

smokey is steven stokes and got nicked named stokesy but he had to change it cos there was a stokey with that nickname stokey became smokey and the rest is history great guy xx

Social source share

• Replies 104
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

roggert

You are Derek Prigmore. yes?

derek prigmore sheffield way married margaret i think? HOWS ya doin if it is the derek prigmore :rolleyes:

sue bushby

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Roggert, trust you to talk about Stimpalene, it turned pink when mixed with cola, well that's the colour of the bottle we shared!

Swish, go back to getting the train from Derby to Stoke for the Torch, I used to be with Dave Gallanders and the rest etc at that time and you where trying to flog Rufus Lumley on Stateside demo for £25

Social source share

• 1 year later...
Guest manusf3a

did the stairs to the Cats go up or down?

how could you tell the difference between real 2 tone pinks and false ones?

Was Little Willy really little?

Are chalkies shite or not?

Which is rarer, Out on the floor on Thunderbird or Beautiful Night on Parlophone issue?

Why was the Camel walk so called?

How many allnighters were held at the Cats?

Who else sung PERSONALLY apart from Bobby Paris?

Which is Dean Parish's only known instrumental?

Why did my stolen stateside Demos DO WHAT YOURE SUPPOSED TO DO-3 DEGREES and BET YOU WIN TYRONE DAVIS turn up in Steve Glover's box a week later?

Whatever happened to the brilliant guy Wacker from Market Harborough?

Why were Dex ten called Dex ten?

What colour were stella dex?

Which colour beads did you painstakingly take out to make them work?

There were 2 other twisted Wheels apart from Manchester but where?

How much did BABY RECONSIDER-LEON HAYWOOD sell for in 1970?

What was unusual about Tamworth train station that made it so easy to jump trains?

What was the artificial drug called in Benzedrex inhalers?

Would you rather have 8 green & clears, 25 duromin, 30 ponderax, 12 bluies, 15 daps, 17 chalkies, 7 red and browns, or 10 dominoes or a real massive special curry from the chinky with fried rice?

More soon

Dexten were called dexten because they were ten mg dexedrine,If I recall correctly they also had dexten written on them.Biggish yellow tablets.They were very much old stock to a young person such as myself but still popped up here and there where they could be taken out after not having seen the light of day for many years.

Stella dex were brown and clear and useless for a block up but could easily be told apart from the truely fooking nice !brown and clears(came in two sizes fucking lovely block up)as through the clear part you could see the comtents were different as they had blue bits (balls)although the myth circulated I have never known anyone to sit and pick all the blue bits out.(especially as hearing on one occasion a tale of how a mtachstick was used , the end having to be licked and then used to pick out the blue bits , I was told you could then get the blue balls to stick to the end of the match making it easier seperate them ? )??????

7 red and browns but if they were on offer I would rather have a dozen or so tabloid methedrine pills or a couple of 30 mg methelylemphatamine hydro chloride amps but as youre offering red and browns please(drinamils lovely but personal choice and all that).

Chalkies are not shite that would be to insult shite.

In the same spirit ,what tablets are blue with skf stamped on them and are a load of bollocks.?

Wasnt there one all nighter held at the cats

Edited by manusf3a
Social source share

Guest manusf3a

Swish I really enjoy your posts and would certainly buy a copy of your book as soon as it is on sale,it would be great to read imo as it will contain loads of classics such as the ds hiding in the wardrobe type tales.I recall the mention of how red and browns would make you feel sleepy before they really kick in and can if you dont watch it send you off into a doze.Have you ever had or encountered what I would call a," blockers nap",where after a swallow of caps and pills(Usually in the form of a mixture but without drinamil or duraphet m as the barb and the mandrax could be said to be the culprits)usually a rather excessive amount say before going to a soul night or an all nighter then fall into a deep sleep you wake from next day still where you were supposed to set off from and start to slowly whizz your head off.Later to be told oh you just sat down and fell into a sleep and no one could wake you!.This happened to me a few times (many years ago of course)Last time it was black and whites,filon,dexies brown and clears in Norwicjh in the company of georgina archdeacon from cambridge and keith harpur ex corby then Norwich,luckily all I missed was a soul night at the Samson ballrooms with sean from Norwich djing.

I thought about this phenomenon while reading another of your posts where you mentioned a john Watkinson from Leeds,I met a lad of this name a couple of times years back then as he had come down to Corby for a few days with Brian Taylor who was "visitng relatives", I think.Saw him at the North park during the week and that weekend there was an all nighter at st ives everyone was going to,For some reason I didnt but arranged to meet wilky at a kettering persons flat the next day to go to notts palais .I got to the flat the next day walked in and there was this lad john lying on a couch yawning with two or three of the people who lived in this block of bed sits sitting timidly around the room whispering to each other. John came round fully and then told me he was going to go with Brian the night before ,swallowed 90 dexedrine round this bedsit and fell asleep and was now waiting for Brian to pick him up, which he later did.I know people who have been to an all nighter and cant remember a thing just going in then coming out the next morning but this isnt really the same as the sleep thing.John is the only other person Ive come across apart from myself who seems to have experienced a good eight hours kip on a bellyfull of dubes,.Have you swish ever come across this happening ?Once more really good to read your posts, far better reading than certain books on the market glad I have come across and the mant postings on from yourself and others..

Edited by manusf3a
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!