A Fistful Of Soul @ Broad Lane W M C Friday 29Th Oct

Many thanks to the wonderful crowd that attended Fistful of Soul at Broad Lane last night - it was an evening that felt like the clock had been spun back and for me a rare chance to enjoy the ambience of the venue totally from start to finish.

Any pre-nerves were quickly dispelled - with folks on the dance floor within minutes of the doors opening, and the music throughout the evening a solid blend of lesser played and fresh. :thumbsup:

Both guests played interesting sets - James Millward putting his own slant on some wonderous toonage available to him and Ron Garrett dropping in a couple of ska tunes which sounded great and kept the dance floor full :rolleyes:

The new Steward Paula and her admirable staff made everyone welcome and obviously people reciprocated in turn as they got through two barrels of Banks (not all down to me - I only had two pints) :D

Al Shaw started the night with a superb selection and Jelly Bean ended it in the same vein.

Great to feel that buzz again and roll on 2011

Keep on Keeping On

Wulfie

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Big Al 68

First off I would like to thank JB,Kerby & Wulfie

for askin' me to do a spot on this top night !! CHEERS!

As it was the 1st time in over18 months back at

this superb venue, I didn't know what to expect, but no need to fret,T'WAS BLOODY FANTASTIC !!!!:ohmy::lol:

Spoke to Blue Max's son,James,before he played a blinder of a spot in honour of his late Father,on what would have been his birthday. Must say, a really good lad &

Max must have been lookin' down & beeming with pride !!

Ron Garrett also pulled out the goodie's, and I dont mean "the funky gibbon" !!!:thumbsup:

Wulfie as usual played a crackin', across the spectrum set, and Jellybean finished off the night with a cracker of a spot,and a nice dedication to Max & Bob Lees,

another west midland stalwart we lost recently.

Legends never forgotten.

Cheers to all who attended,you done it proud !!:thumbsup::lol:

All in all, A BOSTIN' NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BROADLANE IS BACK ON THE MAP !!!!!!!!!!!!

Annie here - forgot my log-in and wanted to add my two pence worth !

What a great night, ( amazing for a first one too). Had a lot of lovely people through the door and by the smiles on their faces and remarks made they all seemed to have enjoyed themselves and thats exactly what the intention was :thumbsup:

Great to see so many old faces from the Good Times era and new ones from all over too.

All the people there made the night what it was and hopefully that will continue in the future.

Well done to all the DJs, who played well known tunes and others that kept the music interesting and dancers on the floor.

I had a ball

Annie B

Right time for me to say A BIG BIG THANKYOU to the lovely crowd that attended our beloved Broad lane lastnight,boy was it good to be back home again after having 18 months,without going to our most fave venue of all :thumbsup: I can't begin to tell you how thrilled we all are at how the evening progressed into what can only be described as a SPECTACULAR night,the atmosphere was BRILLIANT!!!And I think I can safely say that everyone in attendance had a ball aswell Annie!! :yes::lol:

Musically there was something for everyone,Big Al did the warm up hour and played some superb tunes,as did our Wulfie,from 9-10 and then our 1st guest of the evening James Millward with a little help from Mart and I must say he did us and his Dad proud :thumbsup: James played a particular track that he liked and it grabbed quite a bit of attention!!WELL DONE James!! :D

Then it was the turn of our 2nd guest of the evening,Ron Garrett who again played something for everyone and I personally enjoyed the bit of ska too!!THANKYOU Ron :lol:

And last spot was of course me and the room was still looking good right till the end of the night,within my hour I played a track for our dear friend Bob Lees,who sadly passed away on Tuesday :( and I closed the night with Johnnie Mae Mathews - I have no choice for my dearest friend Max :wub:

Must say a BIG THANKYOU to our Annie who greeted everyone with a warm welcome & a lovely smile OTD :ohmy: and also to all the staff working hard behind the bar,they had to order another barrell of beer today!! :ohmy::lol:

So all thats left for me to say now is.........ROLL ON FRIDAY JANUARY 7th 2011 for some more FIST FULL OF SOUL @ BROAD LANE WMC!!!!!!!!! :lol:

JB x x x KTF x x x :shades:

Edited by JELLYBEAN

After 2 days of very little rest , with setting up the venue and late days at work, it was all worth it when the venue started to fill up . As you all know we visit lots of soul nights and know from a punters point of view if there are people in the room you have an atmosphere to build on , and that,s what happened . THANK YOU . Starting with our anne with the welcome smile and her northern charm on the door & all the dj,s who played a great mix of soul music through the night . & you lot for dancing ,

MART ( KERBY ) p.s photos of the night have been posted in the gallery .