Barnsley Metrodome

:hatsoff2:Quiet start but what an end to a fantastic night,people came in and filled the place , every dj filled the floor with superb tunes, still buzzing which is down to joy&yocky,el nel & jean john & alex and everyone who helps to make this a special event.

Not gunna name names but every dj was A1, team tarn out in force apart from the old dears n dek & adrian , well missed but living it up in mexico :tongue:

Summary ferkin brill:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Regards and best wishes and KTF

from mickey2dinners

• Replies 27
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

:thumbsup:Excellent venue!!!

Sadly the one i was at was NOT!! :thumbsup: still if some kind soul wouldnt mind giving me a lift to the next do at METRODOME will gladly be there!!! wonder if my thumb can still hitch hike???? :ohmy:

sue

HAPPY HALLOWEEN ALL x

:yes:Excellent venue!!!

Sadly the one i was at was NOT!! :D still if some kind soul wouldnt mind giving me a lift to the next do at METRODOME will gladly be there!!! wonder if my thumb can still hitch hike???? :wave:

sue

HAPPY HALLOWEEN ALL x

Once again , The Metrodome delivered what was promised , and more so , expected of this notable venue .

The DJs in both rooms ( not singling out individuals as this could result in inflating egos and booking fees :no: ) ensured once again , that the recordings they played gave pleasure and found favour with the assembled brethren , whether it be by listening to them , or on the dancefloor .

The Metrodome after two years has come of age , and earned its' spurs amongst the other venues in the UK . Despite the venue being the size it is , the promoters make sure that this is not the focal point for people and it be off - putting for / to them , for they make sure that the venue feels more like a " small " ( no disrespect ) and " homely " one , echoing the halcyon days and venues of the NS scene .

If I was to single out highlights from last night , they would be Nel's " Spitfire " three piece whistle , the " Soulboy " photograph ( priceless ) , and the response from lad behind the bar when I asked him for ice in my drink ........

" how many pieces would you like ? " :no:

Sithee at Christmas , if a dunt sithee somewheer before .

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton

Hi to all glad you had a great night Elliots gutted he had missed Yocky at the Phoenix last week while we were away:( and then to make it worse had to tell him no soul this week due to work. :no::wave:

He can't wait for Blackhearts in Decmeber cos he always loves a night with Yocky on the line up and his Mum can't wait to hear Mr Two Dinners either.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon :D

KTF

Scott, Madeline and of course Elliot :yes:

Guest dazzzzler

hatsoff2.gifQuiet start but what an end to a fantastic night,people came in and filled the place , every dj filled the floor with superb tunes, still buzzing which is down to joy&yocky,el nel & jean john & alex and everyone who helps to make this a special event.

Not gunna name names but every dj was A1, team tarn out in force apart from the old dears n dek & adrian , well missed but living it up in mexico tongue.gif

Summary ferkin brillthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

from mickey2dinners

yes mick very spooky night in town but finished off wi top night ,:yes: .nice one team.

Hi to all glad you had a great night Elliots gutted he had missed Yocky at the Phoenix last week while we were away:( and then to make it worse had to tell him no soul this week due to work. :no::wave:

He can't wait for Blackhearts in Decmeber cos he always loves a night with Yocky on the line up and his Mum can't wait to hear Mr Two Dinners either.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon :D

KTF

Scott, Madeline and of course Elliot :yes:

hatsoff2.gifthanks scott, cant wait for blackhearts to come round , always a cracking nite when we come down , me , nel and yocky will do our best to keep elliot on the floor , oldies oldies oldies, its a shame we cant all get round the events but just shows how the scene is growing

see ya all soon

regards mickey2dinners

Guest belly chest

got to echo what has already been said but with a notable exception and that is Mr John Simms who, dispite a really bad back and hips, spent most of saturday humping and lifting HUGE bass bins and speakers so as to provide the sound that everybody enjoyed respect Mr Simms and a very sincer Thank you

any way here are the photos i took https://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlink (click on the link)

Edited by belly chest

Fantastic night in the Modern/Chillout room with enough people staying around long enough to create a great atmosphere which was good to see,can't understand why this room and others like it up and down the country don't receive better support all the time but that's another story covered countless times on other threads so I will say no more on the subject.

Brilliant spot from Tats as always and some quality tunes from Mark and Geordie, the music left me speechless( literally) trying to sing along to awesome tunes from the likes of Bobby Womack, Fantastic Four,Impressions, Gene Chandler, Melvin Brown,Doc Peabody, Maurice Jackson,Tommy Tate, David Sea, Brenda Jones, Barbara Mason, Eugene Record etc,etc.etc. (playlists would be good guys)

Thanks to Yocki & Joy , Mark & Lorraine and Geordie for a top night

See you all very soon for more of the same

Paul & Sue :yes::D

Fantastic night in the Modern/Chillout room with enough people staying around long enough to create a great atmosphere which was good to see,can't understand why this room and others like it up and down the country don't receive better support all the time but that's another story covered countless times on other threads so I will say no more on the subject.

Brilliant spot from Tats as always and some quality tunes from Mark and Geordie, the music left me speechless( literally) trying to sing along to awesome tunes from the likes of Bobby Womack, Fantastic Four,Impressions, Gene Chandler, Melvin Brown,Doc Peabody, Maurice Jackson,Tommy Tate, David Sea, Brenda Jones, Barbara Mason, Eugene Record etc,etc.etc. (playlists would be good guys)

Thanks to Yocki & Joy , Mark & Lorraine and Geordie for a top night

See you all very soon for more of the same

Paul & Sue :D:no:

Agree with you Paul, top night in the Chill Out room.

Tune of the night for me Pro-Fascination - I Want To Wrap You In My Arms, even got me up for a dance, thanks Tats

:yes:

Guest aaz19tdi

Another great night, bloody hell my legs hurt today, thanks soul crew ,special thanks to Nel and Jean for the bed and the bacon butty:hatsoff2:

Atb Lee & Kathryn. xxxxxx

Edited by aaz19tdi

Agree with you Paul, top night in the Chill Out room.

Tune of the night for me Pro-Fascination - I Want To Wrap You In My Arms, even got me up for a dance, thanks Tats

:yes:

Top tune, amongst so may others, showing why Tats is the No 1 dj around in my and many others opinions. More than ably backed up by Geordie and Mark as ever.

Kudos to Geordie for succumbing to my disco bunny request in " Darling Darling Baby" - floorpacker - although Mark W heard and looked at me like I'd just run over his dog :lol: He did play Tommy Yates though, so thats okay.

For those interested in such matters, Brett behaved impeccably (apart from one faux pas in the car which isnt over ohmy.gif )and was delivered home safely clutching a bag of provisions which he wont remember eating.

Even Malc Burton was out and about although he was a day early :ohmy:

Got to agree, Mick, that it was a quiet start. We were some of first people into Metrodome having swum against the tidal flow of football supporters leaving Oakwell, presumed that others were delayed for same reason but the night definately picked up as you say. thoroughly enjoyed it so exhausted today having done Drax the night before.

Re the Old Dears, if they have been to Mexico, will they be called 'The Tequilla Sisters' from now on, just a thought.:yes:

hatsoff2.gifQuiet start but what an end to a fantastic night,people came in and filled the place , every dj filled the floor with superb tunes, still buzzing which is down to joy&yocky,el nel & jean john & alex and everyone who helps to make this a special event.

Not gunna name names but every dj was A1, team tarn out in force apart from the old dears n dek & adrian , well missed but living it up in mexico tongue.gif

Summary ferkin brillthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

from mickey2dinners

Top tune, amongst so may others, showing why Tats is the No 1 dj around in my and many others opinions. More than ably backed up by Geordie and Mark as ever.

Kudos to Geordie for succumbing to my disco bunny request in " Darling Darling Baby" - floorpacker - although Mark W heard and looked at me like I'd just run over his dog :ohmy: He did play Tommy Yates though, so thats okay.

For those interested in such matters, Brett behaved impeccably (apart from one faux pas in the car which isnt over :yes: )and was delivered home safely clutching a bag of provisions which he wont remember eating.

Even Malc Burton was out and about although he was a day early laugh.gif

have to agree, Mr Taylor was impeccable, i was a tad feisty as i'd only had 3 hours sleep in 48hrs and a few people did notice so apologies to everyone if i seemed a bit vacant and touchy,

Mr Mannion it did not take much to succumb to play the ojays :lol: I had packed it last night to actually play...dont care what anyone thinks its, a quality tune all the way, i'm no music snob i just play what makes my heart soar, and that tune does it every time, more thanks to you for having the balls to ask for it :lol:

Great night thanks to all who attended

Geeooooordie

Edited by geordiejohnson

Kudos to Geordie for succumbing to my disco bunny request in " Darling Darling Baby" - floorpacker - although Mark W heard and looked at me like I'd just run over his dog :wicked: He did play Tommy Yates though, so thats okay.

For those interested in such matters, Brett behaved impeccably (apart from one faux pas in the car which isnt over :hatsoff2: )and was delivered home safely clutching a bag of provisions which he wont remember eating.

Even Malc Burton was out and about although he was a day early :D

It being on a Saturday did throw Lady B and I somewhat Steve :shades: .

Good to see you Mate .

Malc

we were late getting to metrodome but it was, once again, well worth it.

two different worlds, both equally valid and both equally served up with passion and love for the respected genre.

Oldies room, in the words of the 'Sage' from Chesterfield... "Banging", wall-to-wall oldies and that's just those dancing!!!!

Chill-out room, as always, excellent. I for one don't mind it not being too full in there.

there were enough peole 'into the groove' to make it work and to be honest, never mind the width.... feeeel the quality!

High points..... a veritable host of people having a damned good time

a wonderful welcome from Joy, Jean, Nel Steve & Co.

and a bonus.... 'Tits' behind the decks in the chill-out room.... 'nuff said.

well done soul crew xx

post-9305-094760300 1288603264_thumb.jpg

images on https://ournorthernsouls.org

we were late getting to metrodome but it was, once again, well worth it.

two different worlds, both equally valid and both equally served up with passion and love for the respected genre.

Oldies room, in the words of the 'Sage' from Chesterfield... "Banging", wall-to-wall oldies and that's just those dancing!!!!

Chill-out room, as always, excellent. I for one don't mind it not being too full in there.

there were enough peole 'into the groove' to make it work and to be honest, never mind the width.... feeeel the quality!

High points..... a veritable host of people having a damned good time

a wonderful welcome from Joy, Jean, Nel Steve & Co.

and a bonus.... 'Tits' behind the decks in the chill-out room.... 'nuff said.

well done soul crew xx

images on https://ournorthernsouls.org

Unbelievable! I pop int other room for half a minute and this happens, it's a set up :(

Another great night at the Metrodome, doing exactly what it says it does and doing it very well,

Keep up the good work team :)

Alby x

from mickey2dinners

Hi everybody thanks to mick for starting the thread for us.first of all a big thanks to tom dave and shaun in the northern room and tats in the chill out delivered superb spots just whats required at the metrodome and once again new soulies to the dome travelling from all over the country comming for the first time hope you all enjoyed it .We believe in being as honest as possible with our feed back threads and like mick said it was a bit quiet early doors and as a promoter it is worrying when people dont come through the doors but by 9 o'clock the place was up and banging but in honesty we were slightly down on numbers but like we have read on other feed backs with so much going on i think we all did well any way we hope you all had a great night and we look forward to seeing you all on the 27th december (our christmas special) so till then keep souling keep loving and K.T.F and see you on the 27th The Soulcrew.

Well what can i say :lol:

Left London at 6.15am first travelled to Grimsby to see kev`s mam and dad , booked in b&b in barnsley at 7pm

got to metrodome at 9.30 it was filing up nicely :thumbsup: was met by the delightful joy & co Thanx for the card Joy, your so talented :lol: entered the chill out /modern room to see a few familiar faces :wicked: you know who you are :yes: music in there was very good ( to my ears but what do i know ,im a newcomer :lol: ) bobbed into the baggy pants room as kev calls it ( to his annoyance :yes: ) music was as i expected :lol: had a few boogies especially to love is a serious business hadn`t heard that in a long time , only critisism i can make of the night was the main room could do with a little more lighting :thumbup: but omvho

Had a great night

Good company

Great music

Will deffo be back

Thanx one and all

Julie & Kev xx

Well what can i say :lol:

Left London at 6.15am first travelled to Grimsby to see kev`s mam and dad , booked in b&b in barnsley at 7pm

got to metrodome at 9.30 it was filing up nicely :thumbsup: was met by the delightful joy & co Thanx for the card Joy, your so talented :lol: entered the chill out /modern room to see a few familiar faces :wicked: you know who you are :yes: music in there was very good ( to my ears but what do i know ,im a newcomer :lol: ) bobbed into the baggy pants room as kev calls it ( to his annoyance :yes: ) music was as i expected :lol: had a few boogies especially to love is a serious business hadn`t heard that in a long time , only critisism i can make of the night was the main room could do with a little more lighting :thumbup: but omvho

Had a great night

Good company

Great music

Will deffo be back

Thanx one and all

Julie & Kev xx

glad you had a great time..would i like it there julie?

moldie x

Guest hurryup

Hi everybody thanks to mick for starting the thread for us.first of all a big thanks to tom dave and shaun in the northern room and tats in the chill out delivered superb spots just whats required at the metrodome and once again new soulies to the dome travelling from all over the country comming for the first time hope you all enjoyed it .We believe in being as honest as possible with our feed back threads and like mick said it was a bit quiet early doors and as a promoter it is worrying when people dont come through the doors but by 9 o'clock the place was up and banging but in honesty we were slightly down on numbers but like we have read on other feed backs with so much going on i think we all did well any way we hope you all had a great night and we look forward to seeing you all on the 27th december (our christmas special) so till then keep souling keep loving and K.T.F and see you on the 27th The Soulcrew.

Hi Joy and Yocky

Was absolutely gutted that I had to miss the Metrodome - due to baby-sitting duties that I couldn't possibly have got out of sad.gif

Will definitely be at the Christmas one, counting down the days :thumbsup:

LAST METRODOME OF 2010 FOR ME AND MY LITTLE SWAMP DUCK ,BUT WHAT A GREAT NIGHT NIGHT IT TURNED OUT TO BE .EVERY DJ PLAYED A FANTASTIC SET AND KEPT THE CROWD ON THERE FEET RIGHT TO THE END , THANKS A MILLION TO ALL THE DJS WHO HAVE COME AND ENTERTAINED US THIS YEAR BUT MOST OF ALL THANKS TO THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US ,HERES TO NEXT YEAR ,XXXXhatsoff2.gifpost-5031-045987800 1288815673_thumb.jpg

Guest BrandySistaShirl

from mickey2dinners

GLAD YOU ALL HAD A GREAT NITE.:D

THANKS MICK WE NEW YOU WOULD MISS US.

THOWT WE WUD GIVE UR LITTLE LEGS A REST FROM BAR DUTY.:D .X

GLAD YOU ALL HAD A GREAT NITE.:thumbsup:

THANKS MICK WE NEW YOU WOULD MISS US.

THOWT WE WUD GIVE UR LITTLE LEGS A REST FROM BAR DUTY.:lol: .X

Tha were missed lass : place wont same witart thee .

No dart thall mek up ferrit on t'festive neet ....... al mek sure thi chair gets a rub wi shammy .

Sithee sooin .

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton