Manhattan Club , Harrogate .sat 30 Oct

Great venue with a fantastic wooden dance floor , excellent sound system etc . Many thanks to Phil for inviting Dale & I to DJ.

Certainly brought back the memories, diggin' out the oldies from all eras and we enjoyed the 3 1/2 hours behind the decks - time flies when your enjoying yourself .

Great to see Mike Ward , Steve & Lydia , Dave & Lynn , Mick , Rob . Nev etc .

Lovely to hear Phil play Creative Source 'don't be afraid' - Mecca at its best :yes:

• Replies 4
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Andy,

We must have been at another Manhattan last night as we were really disapointed by the numbers and the d.j's. Don't want to get into the politics or slagging but to be truthful it wasn't a good night especially after the last 2-events. We came over from Earby/Skipton to listen to music that was played at the Wheel, Torch, Mecca, Catocombes but we didn't hear a lot of that.

I told Phil that we didn't enjoy it, no good pretending we did.

Best,

Ian

Andy,

We must have been at another Manhattan last night as we were really disapointed by the numbers and the d.j's. Don't want to get into the politics or slagging but to be truthful it wasn't a good night especially after the last 2-events. We came over from Earby/Skipton to listen to music that was played at the Wheel, Torch, Mecca, Catocombes but we didn't hear a lot of that.

I told Phil that we didn't enjoy it, no good pretending we did.

Best,

Ian

No worries Ian - feedback always appreciated , though would have been nice if you could have given me a nudge whilst behind the decks so I could have accommodated your requests - others did and they got played . Perhaps the plays were too ' across the board' ? Will pm my play list so we can debate the merits or otherwise off forum.

Best wishes

Andy

Edited by andybellwood

I'm the promoter, and the buck stops with me.....to be honest, I'm finding it very difficult to promote this event as I live quite a distance away, and I don't know the punters. I also concede that my promotion has been very low key, due to me not having the funds to flyer the event.

It's very difficult to create an atmosphere at a poorly attended event, and even more difficult to please the ones that have made the effort. Last night everything went wrong, and I apologise to one and all. It won't happen again..........next month will be very well promoted, and I'll try and get someone to do the door for me. Last night I was stuck on the door all night, so I couldn't feel what was happening in the room.

My thanks to Andy and Dale for their efforts, and my apologies to Ian and his group for being let down.

Phil.

Guest robyork

Massive shame about the low turnout. It's a great venue and many thanks to all 3 DJs, you played some good stuff, not to everyone's taste but did the job for me!! I really hope that this one grows to become a well attended event in the future. Dale played 1 or 2 superb tracks that I have never heard before so I wouldn't mind getting a look at his playlist. Oh and before I forget Andy, many thanks for that CD you gave me last week, some excellent tracks on there too that are new to me.