2011-09-15: The 7Th Hitsville Annual Rare Soul Weekender

Event Title: The 7th HITSVILLE ANNUAL RARE SOUL WEEKENDER

Event Author: Dave Moore

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Thu 15 September 2011

-------------------------------------------------

The 7th HITSVILLE RATE SOUL WEEKENDER

CONTINENTAL HOTEL, MOJACAR, SPAIN

An Annual Gathering of Dancing Collectors for 4 days of vinyl Mayhem!

Info at www.theresthatbeat.com or bevmoore@earthlink.net

or 0034 950 591874

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 33
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Well it's Boxing Day, it's 38'C outside and England are thrashing the Aussies (ok, it's only Day 1 so I hope I'm not tempting fate!), she's out shopping and I'm on me second cold beer, with a kilo of salted cashews so it's All Good !! Infact I'm in such a good mood I've just booked me flights for Hitsville 2011.

Cheers,

Denny

• 1 month later...

Event Title: The 7th HITSVILLE ANNUAL RARE SOUL WEEKENDER

Event Author: Dave Moore

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Thu 15 September 2011

-------------------------------------------------

The 7th HITSVILLE RATE SOUL WEEKENDER

CONTINENTAL HOTEL, MOJACAR, SPAIN

An Annual Gathering of Dancing Collectors for 4 days of vinyl Mayhem!

Info at www.theresthatbeat.com or bevmoore@earthlink.net

or 0034 950 591874

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OKEDOKEE - ticket and hotel booked, anybody need a ride from Malaga airport let me know...................thumbsup.gif:lol::lol:

Edited by Chris L
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Hitsville Website is now back up and running after an enforced absence. DEtails of the Weekender as well as articles, features can be found there:

www.hitsvillesoulclubs.com

Lots more to be added over the next few months, hopefully the record reviews will return as will the forum.

Regards,

Dave

If anybody needs a lift I'll be landing at Malaga airport at 14.40pm on the Thursday returning the Tuesday for a 17.00pm flight, 3 seats

available in my car, just pm me......................yes.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sean Haydon

Flights booked, hotel booked, all we gotta do now is wait till september thumbsup.gif

Really looking forward to it again, see you all there.

Sean

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an update on accommodation at the venue. There are now only 2 Rooms left at the Continental Hotel. Hotel has had a refurbishment during the winter. Was down there during the week to see Gaspa and they've done a nice job. Bigger bar! See ya'll in September!

Regards,Dave

Hitsville Weekender.Com

Will that Spanish bloke who danced/swam naked on the beach be there again ? :)

Guest Keep the Boy Happy

I hope so.......luv the odd nutter/character around the place. :thumbup:laugh.gif

Regards,

Dave

Thats why we come over :lol:

Right then, just booked Manchester - Alicante on Thursday 15th- to meet up with Mr Lala who isn't flying into Malaga despite what he wrote above..........!!

8-) Alicante - Manchester on Tuesday 20th.

Can't wait ,

*-)

Oooooopppsss..............................................I do actually land at Malaga, get there Thursday 15.00 hours and depart Tuesday at 17.00...............................ohmy.gifhuh.gif

Anybody need a lift...............................yes.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All Continental Hotel Rooms are now SOLD OUT!

There is still plenty of accommodation at nearby hotels though. Looks like we're in for a belter of a weekend. Looking forward to seeing everyone next month for what promises to be 3/4 days of complete vinyl mayhem once again! :wicked::D

Weather is hot and sunny, beaches are beautiful, new styli in situ, slipmats inbound, soundrig checked, venue has been refurbished...we're ready to blast off! Collector/DJ Line up will receive the running order next week, any dramas just give me a shout for a reshuffle.

Regards,

Dave

Edited by Dave Moore

Had a late cancellation at The Continental Hotel so there is 1 room still available, if you fancy it simply email Bev at bevmoore@earthlink.net to reserve.

Kev, send me details of your flight arrival, If it's Wednesday I'll come get you.

Regards,

Dave

Cheers Dave. Much appreciated. I've sent you a PM.

Best

Kev & Imogen.

Had a late cancellation at The Continental Hotel so there is 1 room still available, if you fancy it simply email Bev at bevmoore@earthlink.net to reserve.

Regards,

Dave

Room now GONE. Hotel is SOLD OUT although there are still rooms within walking distance of the three venues.

Regards,

Dave

:thumbup: Really looking forward to my first Hitsville!

Myself and Pam are flying in to Alicante on Wednesday and staying on for a couple of days after. Should be time for a cursory look at the property market before our 6 month recce commencing January. :thumbsup:

:hatsoff2: - Kev.

Anyone tried hiring a car using a Debit, not a Credit, card? ranting_1.gif

Edited by KevinKent

:thumbup: Really looking forward to my first Hitsville!

Myself and Pam are flying in to Alicante on Wednesday and staying on for a couple of days after. Should be time for a cursory look at the property market before our 6 month recce commencing January. :thumbsup:

Will be good to hook up with you & Pam, Kev. seems like its been a while. Sunshine, Sangria and Soul. It's gonna be a good un.

:hatsoff2: -Kev

Edited by Kev Moore

:thumbup: Really looking forward to my first Hitsville! Myself and Pam are flying in to Alicante on Wednesday and staying on for a couple of days after. Should be time for a cursory look at the property market before our 6 month recce commencing January. :thumbsup:

Will be good to hook up with you & Pam, Kev. seems like its been a while. Sunshine, Sangria and Soul. It's gonna be a good un.

Look forward to seeing you Kev, I'm on "house hunting recce duty" coming from Malaga Thursday afternoon, see you in the bar........ :thumbsup:

Flew over the hotel this afternoon, here's snapshot of the place......................... :thumbup:

post-4408-0-63091800-1314288929_thumb.jp

Room now GONE. Hotel is SOLD OUT although there are still rooms within walking distance of the three venues. Regards,

Dave

We stayed at the Hotel Servigroup Marina Playa - pretty good, about €50 a night for a double room B & B

about €80 for 2 half pension. - about 10 - 15 mins walk from venue. :thumbsup:

Here are my flights, if anybody needs a lift.

Thursday 15 September 2011

Swiss Airlines Flight Number: LX2114

To: (AGP) Malaga, Spain Arrive: 14:40

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Brussels Airlines Flight Number: SN3734

To: (BRU) Brussels, Belgium Arrive: 19:55

I'll be passing Almeria both times so if you're flying into there I can swing by. :wave:

Chris Lalor

Edited by Chris L

Look forward to seeing you Kev, I'm on "house hunting recce duty" coming from Malaga Thursday afternoon, see you in the bar........ :thumbsup:

Hi Chris. I look forward to meeting you and partaking in a beer or three!

I really can't wait for this as I haven't been getting out and about so much lately. Quality rather than quantity these days. :yes:

:wink: It does seem a while Kev. The 100 Club was a belter last week but Imogen was sorely missed on cloakroom duty. What a mix up - peeps going home with the wrong coats :lol: ! Time for a pay rise maybe?

:wink: It does seem a while Kev. The 100 Club was a belter last week but Imogen was sorely missed on cloakroom duty. What a mix up - peeps going home with the wrong coats :lol: ! Time for a pay rise maybe?

All wil be back to normal for the Anniversary on 24th Sept Kev. :yes: See you in Spain. :D:thumbup:

Kev

• 3 weeks later...