Embassy Club, Sheffield

Guest Barry Holland

Guest Barry Holland

Massive thanks to all who attended last night's do at the Embassy. :lol: Thanks to the Rotherham and Sheffield soulies :yes: (KGB + Transport), to everyone who travelled, cheers Dave (Donny), Worksop crew, top people,hatsoff2.gif and the scooterists.:ohmy: Thanks for making it an excellent night and creating a friendly atmosphere. :lol:

Doug kicked off with some classic northern and a few rarities, Young Hannah played a cracking oldies spot (one to watch for the future), Ace kept the floor busy, carrying on with the oldies. Little Al played a few R"n"B numbers mixed in with the classics. Myself with some more oldies and some classic and rare Motown. Myself and Doug finishing off the night double decking.:lol:

Got to say the first one we did, there were quite a few locals in, but last night was mainly soulies, which, although not as many in, made it a better atmosphere.:lol: :lol:

Mentioned in a previous post, we should be doing another on Boxing Day, but after last night the management are now dragging their heels a bit.:wub: Watch this space for further info.

Once again, massive thanks to all who attended.

Barry and Ann (KGB), Doug and Wendy (Rotherham Transport).

KTF.:wub::) :)

Edited by Barry Holland
  • Replies 7
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Massive thanks to all who attended last night's do at the Embassy. :lol: Thanks to the Rotherham and Sheffield soulies :yes: (KGB + Transport), to everyone who travelled, cheers Dave (Donny), Worksop crew, top people,hatsoff2.gif and the scooterists.:ohmy: Thanks for making it an excellent night and creating a friendly atmosphere. :lol:

Doug kicked off with some classic northern and a few rarities, Young Hannah played a cracking oldies spot (one to watch for the future), Ace kept the floor busy, carrying on with the oldies. Little Al played a few R"n"B numbers mixed in with the classics. Myself with some more oldies and some classic and rare Motown. Myself and Doug finishing off the night double decking.:lol:

Got to say the first one we did, there were quite a few locals in, but last night was mainly soulies, which, although not as many in, made it a better atmosphere.:lol::wub:

Mentioned in a previous post, we should be doing another on Boxing Day, but after last night the management are now dragging their heels a bit.:wub: Watch this space for further info.

Once again, massive thanks to all who attended.

Barry and Ann (KGB), Doug and Wendy (Rotherham Transport).

KTF.:) :):P

Barry

Gotta agree with all of the above, me and mine thoughrougly enjoyed ourselves last night, danced a bit, drank a lot beer.gif Lots of familiar faces in there :shades: exceptional music played by all concerned :lol: very friendly crowd and a great dance floor, what more do you want :thumbup:

A great combined effort by the KGB and The Rotherham transport Club, well done :thumbup:

Edited by soulsteve
Guest transportclub

:hatsoff2: a great night last night, thanks to all who attended, thanks to all dj's who made the night a night to remember, a great venue, worth a visit to hear northern and motown sounds,

dj's

DOUG LEAK

HANNAH NIXON

PAUL ( ACE ) RICHARDS

LITTLE AL

BARRY HOLLAND

DOUG & BARRY

k.t.f ...... northern and motown forever.

watch this space for next date.:D

Just like to say had a great night at the Embassy good crowd dancing the night away thanks once again to Barry & Doug for inviting me over to spin a few here's my playlist from 11/12 but not in order cheers. :(

root & jenny jackson - please come home

the 4 seasons - beggin

tony galla - in love

sandi nelson - youre gonna make me love you

gene latter - sign on the dotted line

linda jones - just cant live my life

clarence carter - funky fever

bunny sigler - follow your heart

eddie holman - eddies my name

superiors - what would i do

danny white - keep my woman home

billy storm - educated fool

benny spellman fortune teller

joe tex - show me

three caps - cool jerk

soul brothers six - some kind of wonderfull

otis redding - love man

stevie wonder - aint that asking for trouble

velvelettes - needle in a haystack

the underdogs - loves gone bad

bobby treetop - wait till i get to know ya

7 dwarfs - stop girl

I think that's it cheers :)

Couldn't make it lads SORRY but I was duty taxi driver all weekend for family

I DID make the 1st one tho LOL

Glad it was a good 'un - TRY n change Boxing Day then we ALL have good event??? LOL

Best REgards

Ash

Hi everybody,

well what can i say, don't know where to start, in two word,s "Superb Night" :thumbup: . Well done Barry & Doug for putting on an excellent night of full on Northern Soul & Mowtown at it's very best :thumbup::thumbup: . Don't want to single any specific DJ's out coz all of you & i mean all of you were fantastic whistling.gif:wub:whistling.gif , you all delivered exactly what it say's on the tin. No politics, ego's, you just did your stuff & got on with it, well done to you all :thumbup: . Realy great venue, nice large wooden dance floor, cheap bar price's & good quick service at the bar (plenty of staff), very full dance floor & a brill friendly atmosphere, all realy well organised, what more do you want for four quid (£4.00) whistling.gif:lol::D:Pbeer.gif:thumbsup: .

Roll on the next one, see you all out n about, Woody king.gif

post-9117-038775700 1288719944_thumb.jpg

Guest Barry Holland

Couldn't make it lads SORRY but I was duty taxi driver all weekend for family

I DID make the 1st one tho LOL

Glad it was a good 'un - TRY n change Boxing Day then we ALL have good event??? LOL

Best REgards

Ash

Ey up Ash, taxi driver!!

Have you been busy, what time do you finish? (lol) :thumbup:whistling.gif:wub:

Sorry Ash, but unfortunately your post was about 2 hours too late. Doug phoned me about 8, to let me know he'd come to a compromise with the management, so the Boxing Day do goes ahead, but i know you will have a great night anyway, you allways do.thumbsup.gif

Yeh, it was a top night!!!thumbsup.gif

See you all out and about soon, Barry, KGB, KTF.:thumbsup::thumbup:

Guest Barry Holland

Hi everybody,

well what can i say, don't know where to start, in two word,s "Superb Night" thumbup.gif . Well done Barry & Doug for putting on an excellent night of full on Northern Soul & Mowtown at it's very best thumbup.gif:lol: . Don't want to single any specific DJ's out coz all of you & i mean all of you were fantastic whistling.gif:wub:whistling.gif , you all delivered exactly what it say's on the tin. No politics, ego's, you just did your stuff & got on with it, well done to you all :P . Realy great venue, nice large wooden dance floor, cheap bar price's & good quick service at the bar (plenty of staff), very full dance floor & a brill friendly atmosphere, all realy well organised, what more do you want for four quid (£4.00) whistling.gif:lol::D:P:D:thumbup: .

Roll on the next one, see you all out n about, Woody king.gif

post-9117-038775700 1288719944_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the kind words Dave.:thumbup: As i've just stated the Boxing Day do goes ahead, so it's your turn behind the decks.:thumbsup: Barry, KGB, KTF.:thumbup: :thumbup:

Source Advert