Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest BigPaul

Main roads all clear in Mansfield :thumbsup:

Back roads a bit shitty, though :ohmy: I Will tough it out though :lol:

See ya all later

Paul

Edited by BigPaul

So looking 4ward to later, always a great night at radcliffe.

Plan on getting there early to support two of our own VAL and johnny boy, then soul or nothing, top top night always in steves room,

And with one of the best players in the land on, some top music on offer from mr green, hatsoff2.gifBIG respect from mo and me.

Throw in mo's birthday and a nice new record to pick up from uncle bob, tis gonna be a good night me thinks thumbsup.gif

Safe journey peeps.

Guest Marcelle

I can't wait for this one! The South Yorkshire Soul Searchers have booked then sens into the bath house in Barnsley and we will all be clean n ready for this mega Nighter! Dolly, you can get a bath with me if you want Hun xx. (Do you want me to pick you up? Give me a ring)

Marcelle it's my birthday on the 24thn no fuzz please, just cake and strippers!

Geoff thanks in advance for Ron Hall and the Muthafunkaz "the Way You Love Me".

oh dear me :lol: so sorry I didnt see this Mr Cowboy :thumbup: I missed another Birthday Celebration ..... looks like I will have to make it up to you &Tabs on Boxing Night :D ....... Strippers rolleyes.gif ....

also soz didnt manage to get a bit of the Olde Line Dancing in with you but whey hey we could always go for another theme on Boxing Night :yes: quite fancy a Beach Party :ohmy: xx

I cleverly managed to forget my trades box when our lift was going... I left it on the floor in the Soul of Nothing room, it's a brown 50-count box. Any help very much appreciated. There were 100 cardboard sleeves with it too. My number is 07898 116104.

Oh George, what a disappointing end to one hell of a magical night in that room. I'm sure/would like to think they're safe and you'll be reunited soon yes.gif

Guest Matt Male

Oh George, what a disappointing end to one hell of a magical night in that room. I'm sure/would like to think they're safe and you'll be reunited soon :thumbup:

Magic is right. I was in there from 2.30 onwards, a warm up for when Karl came on with a gobsmacking set, followed by Big George seemlessly keeping me on the floor and knackering me further, then the two lads from Finland, equally brilliant and equally tiring. Caught some of Steve's spot later as well, but was severely knackered by 6am after being my bad funky self. :ohmy:

Briefly visited the RnB room, caught Ady's set in the main room. Something for everyone Radcliffe. Great stuff thumbsup.gif

Guest Marcelle

I cleverly managed to forget my trades box when our lift was going... I left it on the floor in the Soul of Nothing room, it's a brown 50-count box. Any help very much appreciated. There were 100 cardboard sleeves with it too. My number is 07898 116104.

Will ring James first thing in the morning & let you know if they are there oh sweetie im sure they will turn up xxx

George PM'd Ya

Baz

jeeez, nightmare! sincerely hope they find their way back to you :lol: >!!

Many thanks to all the staff,p.a guys ,dj's and most important of all the you the travellers - we hope it was worth soldiering the cool conditions...it looked to me healthy in all the rooms.sure chris will post a more detailed sabotage oops i mean summary !

so sorry I couldn`t make it...really tried hard but everyone heading for radcliffe already had left the hideaway when I had finished my last set. next time though :lol:

so sorry I couldn`t make it...really tried hard but everyone heading for radcliffe already had left the hideaway when I had finished my last set. next time though :lol:

Marc, you should have mentioned you were after a lift as I would have hung back for ya till the end of your set.

Another busy night at Radcliffe with most of the usual suspects in attendance, had a great time....especially watching a certain Yorkshireman keep picking up coins I kept dropping on the floor :wub::wub:

Another brilliant night at Radcliffe.

Spent the first hour in the main room then Rooms 2 and 3 for the rest of the night.

Other than when Ady was doing his spot, complete with latest cricket headlines. :thumbsup:

Well done to all involved.

See you on Boxing Day.

Best

Tabs

Guest Chris Waterman

Hi All,

What a cracking turn out, not full, but well back up on Septembers numbers, what made it more of a shock was that people thought sod the weather and kept coming, even when we were trying to close the cash desk.

Big thank you to all the DJ's in all 3 rooms, you did what we asked and that is to keep people on the dance floors,

Just a couple of negative points,

Talc, we ask again and again that folk respect the venue management, as it is now a health and safety issue, you put something on a floor and someone slips on it, the venue gets sued!! even with bag checks and dance floors that just don't need it, some still go to the length of hiding it about their person. so think on, please.

To the person who kicked the door of the gents, why? we are lucky, we have a venue management that actually want us there, but if anyone sees anything like that happen again then we would appreciate a heads up and we will sort.

We will be back on Boxing Day with three rooms and because it will be the second of a three in a row monthly niter (Nov,Dec & Jan) we are giving the R&B boys the night off, that means that 'Soul Or Nothing', for one night only, will be in room 2, they will follow the 'Three Before One' guys. SOULVATION will have room 3 all to themselves,

Again big thanks to everyone who came along and we hope to see you all again come Boxing Day

Best

Chris W

Talc, we ask again and again that folk respect the venue management, as it is now a health and safety issue, you put something on a floor and someone slips on it, the venue gets sued!! even with bag checks and dance floors that just don't need it, some still go to the length of hiding it about their person. so think on, please.

As said above, the venue floor doesn't need any help being slippy at all; one of the best dance floors I jig on.

Another point people should be aware of generally is peoples lung health. Those with lung disease really do suffer and find it difficult to breathe if the talc's hanging in the air. So, if any secret talc users are ardent 'smoking' complainants, think about that before you puff it about. :thumbsup:

That's a terrific club you've got going there Chris. Full of great faces from the recent and distant past with a healthy smattering of young 'uns tempted in by the Soul Or Nothing aspect, but enjoying it all.

Unfortunately I was bolloxed from the Mildmay the night before and wasn't the most hilarious company. Like Tabs said, announcing England were 135 for 0 at lunch perked me up a bit.

I span a good cross section of 100 Club tunes from over the years, most of which would be recognisable. The less well known plays were mainly:

Billy & Clyde A World Of My Own from Fame, Spencer Wiggins Breaking Point, both Nancy Wilcox RCA acetates and Willie Kendrick's version of She'll Be Leaving You too.

I'll have to go North more often, if only to stop the "Did they stamp your passport" jokes. And as for the red wine and being a soft southerner, i don't have much defence apart from; you try DJing for an hour with 5 pints of bitter and no khazi nearby!

That's a terrific club you've got going there Chris. Full of great faces from the recent and distant past with a healthy smattering of young 'uns tempted in by the Soul Or Nothing aspect, but enjoying it all.

Unfortunately I was bolloxed from the Mildmay the night before and wasn't the most hilarious company. Like Tabs said, announcing England were 135 for 0 at lunch perked me up a bit.

I span a good cross section of 100 Club tunes from over the years, most of which would be recognisable. The less well known plays were mainly:

Billy & Clyde A World Of My Own from Fame, Spencer Wiggins Breaking Point, both Nancy Wilcox RCA acetates and Willie Kendrick's version of She'll Be Leaving You too.

I'll have to go North more often, if only to stop the "Did they stamp your passport" jokes. And as for the red wine and being a soft southerner, i don't have much defence apart from; you try DJing for an hour with 5 pints of bitter and no khazi nearby!

Ady, it was one of the many high points of the night when you announced England where 135 for 0 at lunch.thumbup.gif

had a great night and it was nice to finally catch up with a couple of people who i've known virtually for a while.

SON room was great

karl heard playing conservatives was a good moment I have the record but i still had to rack my brains trying to remember what it was :thumbsup:

had a great night and it was nice to finally catch up with a couple of people who i've known virtually for a while.

SON room was great

karl heard playing conservatives was a good moment I have the record but i still had to rack my brains trying to remember what it was :yes:

...and how about that crazy funk bomb he played. Sounded like nothing else I`ve ever heard, and just as I thought it was going to break down it got even heavier! The record of the night for me, but to be frank I could just copy-paste the playlists from the SON room to my wantlist.

Was also great to put faces on people I`ve known on SS for years, like Ezzie (still loving that record I got from you, so still owe you one), Val and his mate, Steve, the guys from Finland, my travelling partner and many more.

And to conclude I can`t express how thankful I am to Andy and Chris for going through the trouble to squeeze in a sales stand for me on the last minute. Very much appreciated!

...and how about that crazy funk bomb he played. Sounded like nothing else I`ve ever heard, and just as I thought it was going to break down it got even heavier! The record of the night for me, but to be frank I could just copy-paste the playlists from the SON room to my wantlist.

Was also great to put faces on people I`ve known on SS for years, like Ezzie (still loving that record I got from you, so still owe you one), Val and his mate, Steve, the guys from Finland, my travelling partner and many more.

And to conclude I can`t express how thankful I am to Andy and Chris for going through the trouble to squeeze in a sales stand for me on the last minute. Very much appreciated!

What was it?

Another long weekend....

Good to hear the sound system in the main room really blast out and fill the room, a good solid sound indeed..

Got to hear Ady play the main room, you must come up more :) A fine selection to my ears...

As ever i was there to look after the Soul Or Nothing room... Karl Heard set us on the road in fine style, the floor did take some hammer....

Thanks to George, Steve Green and Paul Grant as ever, nice nice feedback...

Great to see my old mate Heikki plus meet Sami from Soulsides soul club, Finland... Was a real pleasure to hear you spin those tunes in our little den...

Thanks in the main to all who popped heads in the door, its your support that makes it all worthwhile...

Nice to see the youth, looking smart and on the dancefloor, they were skipping between both side rooms like dogs with 2 dicks :yes: , best to get a bit of everythinng wit so much on offer i guess...

Back again on boxing day night, a change of room for one night only with Marco Santucci, Jumping Joan, Mick N Mo, Big George and myself...

something to do with rusty bullets it was relentless.

It sounded like a cover up to me :thumbsup:

Sounds like you're talking about Rusty and the Upsetters, which I played. I nearly bottled out because it's a bit mental :lol:

Btw thanks to all concerned parties, but thankfully Baz M has my records.

Sounds like you're talking about Rusty and the Upsetters, which I played. I nearly bottled out because it's a bit mental :thumbsup:

Yep, that`s the one! Sure was mental, but that`s how we like `em. What was the title of that one btw? Don`t think I`ll find one soon, but as long as there`s hope...

Edited by Diggin' Dave

Sounds like you're talking about Rusty and the Upsetters, which I played. I nearly bottled out because it's a bit mental :thumbsup:

That tune is Mental with a capital M :yes: , IT SHOOK THE ROOM, i thought the roof was coming off...

4am in the morning is a good time for theses mate, after all the kids and sane folk are tucked up in bed...

I could see that tune scaring the life out of Dave and others :lol: , a great experience to be in that room with like minded loonies for these sounds..

Yep, that`s the one! Sure was mental, but that`s how we like `em. What was the title of that one btw? Don`t think I`ll find one soon, but as long as there`s hope...

It's called Ball of Confusion. I must admit, I did enjoy the opportunity to shout "first time in the UK for this one" in a Keb style, ha ha. There are 3 "known" copies and the other 2 are tightly locked down in collections, so it'll be interesting to see if any more surface.

It's called Ball of Confusion. I must admit, I did enjoy the opportunity to shout "first time in the UK for this one" in a Keb style, ha ha. There are 3 "known" copies and the other 2 are tightly locked down in collections, so it'll be interesting to see if any more surface.

A "New York" tune George?.Note to self - must get to Radcliffe.:hatsoff2: .SON room.

Edited by KevH

Source Advert