Look Me Up - Blue Magic

Don't know how many of you will agree but I think this record still sounds brilliant today, probably not worth much as it was a big hit back in the 70's. I love Ted Mills vocals, just one of those singers who stand out and made some wonderful songs with Blue Magic, "Let Me Be The One" "Whats Come Over Me" (feat.Margie Joseph) :unsure:

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Luvvly record ! It's on my random plays on the computer in the form of a longer Tom Moulton mix. Always rather liked their "You And Me Got A Good Thing Going" with Margie Joseph (the other side of 'Whats Come Over Me')

Edited by Simon White
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Luvvly record ! It's on my random plays on the computer in the form of a longer Tom Moulton mix.  Always rather liked their "You And Me Got A Good Thing Going" with Margie Joseph (the other side of 'Whats Come Over Me')

link

Well, that's spooky :( I was playing both 'You and Me got a good thing' and 'Look me up' last night (cue Twilight Zone music)......... :thumbsup: They are both outstanding records and Blue Magic did so much good stuff that should get an airing........Jo

Social source share

Try "Never Get Over You" - a great Norman Harris arrangement or the Bobby Eli stormer Love Has Found Its Way To Me - both off the The Magic Of The Blue album - very under-rated group - but those Philly productions sound fantastic now in comparison to stuff being produced these days.

They did record into the 80's - checkout their From Out Of The Blue album from 1988 - got some very nice ballads on there.

Best wishes

Colin

Social source share

Bobby Eli stormer Love Has Found Its Way To Me - both off the The Magic Of The Blue album - very under-rated group - but those Philly productions sound fantastic now in comparison to stuff being produced these days.

link

Seconded- Love Has Found It's Way" is great. These records smack of luxury and expense I suppose cos they were expensive!

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Well, that's spooky  thumbsup.gif I was playing both 'You and Me got a good thing' and 'Look me up' last night (cue Twilight Zone music)......... unsure.gif They are both outstanding records and Blue Magic did so much good stuff that should get an airing........Jo

link

very spooky, i was playing look me up and also welcome to the club on sunday morning

good old norman harris - seems to get little mention for his enormous contribution to the 7ts philly sound - anyone know whether he's still alive/working?

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

very spooky, i was playing look me up and also welcome to the club on sunday morning

good old norman harris - seems to get little mention for his enormous contribution to the 7ts philly sound - anyone know whether he's still alive/working?

link

Oooh, I feel a Blue Magic Moment coming on :tumbleweed3: Sunday mornings should be reserved for Blue Magic, The Moments, First Choice, Main Ingredient, Friends of Distinction and all the other fab groups that don't get enough airing........if I was PM I would make it official whistling.gif Welcome to the Blue Magic Club.......Jo

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!