Barbara Randolph - I Got A Feeling

I bought a copy of this last year on SOUL label, all the credits are in silver writing.

I've just seen a copy for sale on Ebay with the credits in black writing, the seller remarks that his is "original and that there a lot of bootlegs out there".

If this is correct, does that mean that mine in silver writing is a bootleg??

Any info would be appreciated.

I'm beginning to sound like an anorak, pass us your coat Gene. ;-)

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

I think the boots were badly done White demo's. I have one. Paid 50p for it in a long closed down record shop in Gloucester.

The one on sale looks OK to me. Cant think of any with silver writing on Soul. But as usual I will be proved wrong on that I suspect.

Social source share

I'll get me coat...........for you Ian!!!

As Mikey says, all boots were bad repros of demos. As far as I'm aware, the issue on Ebay (and yours for that matter) are all original. Soul did use black or silver lettering when the mood took them, and I'm certainly not aware of the issue being booted!!

Gene

Social source share

easy to check ''IF'' it was pressed there, wiser people than me will know if it was done there or not...maybe it wasnt ?

,should be a 5 digit number ( with a triangle before it ) on the runout, would have to think what year it was then check the first 2 digits correspond with the run for that year.

I agree a bit anoraky but you asked the question ....

Social source share

check it out and let us know out of interest as I dont have a copy to check, my copy of Frances Nero, keep on loving me, was done at Monarch and although it is a demo with a different logo than some demos it is a proper one , I believe they used this plant for a few releases.

cheers..........roll on friday and the seaside !!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!