Been Done For £1400 Named And Shamed

Raresoul45s

This guy has done me for £1400 for Mr soul - on Genuine which I sold him back in May. I know this guy has been mentioned on here before but unfortunatley for me I didn't see it until things started to go wrong. As a dealer ofcourse I took all the necessary precautions to protect myself but he has managed to put one past me and the card company. Anyway i'm going to take him through the courts which is going to cost me at least double what he owes but FFS someone has to stop this bloody scum.

Anyone else had problems with this conman lets hear it.

Heres his details

Mehdi Dizerens

10 Rue de smyrne

Marseille, 13005

Bouches du rhone,

France

Oh and I've also stuck this on ebay https://cgi.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MESELX:IT

Cheers Darren

Edited by BROWNIE
Social source share

• Replies 34
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

This guy has done me for £1400 for Mr soul - on Genuine which I sold him back in May. I know this guy has been mentioned on here before but unfortunatley for me I didn't see it until things started to go wrong. As a dealer ofcourse I took all the necessary precautions to protect myself but he has managed to put one past me and the card company. Anyway i'm going to take him through the courts which is going to cost me at least double what he owes but FFS someone has to stop this bloody scum.

Anyone else had problems with this conman lets hear it.

Heres his details

Mehdi Dizerens

10 Rue de smyrne

Marseille, 13005

Bouches du rhone,

France

Oh and I've also stuck this on ebay https://cgi.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MESELX:IT

Cheers Darren

Hi Darren

Saw the ebay ad before this ,you have my depest sympathies mate.

Must admit i've had a few close shaves with ebay sellers this yr ,more so than ever ,but thankfully i've managed to get my funds back.

Does'nt deter from the fact there are a few unscrupulous bast***s out there that spoil it for the genuine sellers .

Not wishing to tar anyone with the same brush ,but i've noticed a lot of USA sellers doing two things of late:-

1) Putting on ther listings that they wont send to FRANCE or ITALY

2) Insisting on sending the more expensive items with signed for mail (which can mean full declaration of value :lol: )

Myself i will not buy from any French seller on ebay ..sorry if your French and reading this, but blame your fellow countryman!

Hope you get a result and closure on this mate :huh:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thanks for your replys guys and the 2 pms sent, I'm seeing the solicitor later so I will have a better idea of costs. If anyone has been a victim and wants to join and pay some of the costs thats fine, but I dont really want to burden the site members with contributions but thanks greatly for the offers, I can run the cost through my company as a legitimate business expense.

Thanks so much for your support.

Cheers Darren

Edited by BROWNIE
Social source share

Darren,

sorry to read what happened to you, especially as 1400 quid isn't an amount easy to cope with.

But was wondering, what exactly happened. In your Ebay listing you said you had all necessary proofs of posting but still Payment refunded that french crook?

Social source share

Guest t.o.t.s.s.c

Would be of great interest to all of us who sell on ebay etc. how you have finished up losing £1400 pounds.i like most thought if you sent a record of that value it would be insured signed for or if purchasing it would be the same set up.either way if you used paypal or a credit card are you not covered.not being nosey just interested so i dont fall in the same trap.

good luck anyway.pete

Social source share

Would be of great interest to all of us who sell on ebay etc. how you have finished up losing £1400 pounds.i like most thought if you sent a record of that value it would be insured signed for or if purchasing it would be the same set up.either way if you used paypal or a credit card are you not covered.not being nosey just interested so i dont fall in the same trap.

good luck anyway.pete

The bloke probably just denied having ever received it, and if Darren produced evidence that it had been signed for, the guy probably says it wasn't his signature. So they give him his money back and he keeps the record.

Social source share

Mehdi Dizerens

10 Rue de smyrne

Marseille, 13005

Bouches du rhone,

France

sorry to hear that Darren, think this is the same affair you told me about a few months back ? This guy also tried to steal off a mate of mine (via ebay). My mate threatened him very strict and direct which in the end resulted in this guy giving up and confessing having receieved his mint copy of teh Dynamics on Top Ten ...

Social source share

The bloke probably just denied having ever received it, and if Darren produced evidence that it had been signed for, the guy probably says it wasn't his signature. So they give him his money back and he keeps the record.

Pete

He admitted he got the record to me but has told his card company he didn't authorise the transaction so guess what ? they refunded him and made no request he sends the record back. To add further insult when I threatened him he paid me again the full amount, and then claimed the samething and guess what ? they did the same again refunded him, its bloody laughable. I also sent them the emails with him agreeing to pay me again but it cut no ice with them. I have reported it to the British and French police but I dont hold out to much hope.

I spoke to the lawyers earlier and they have suggested a different avenue for getting the money returned which I'll pass on if successful.

The problem is as some of the posters know its not finacially viable to chase him through the courts as you cant apply costs because its below £5000 and classed as a small claim.

Thanks again for your good wishes.

Darren

Edited by BROWNIE
Social source share

good luck anyway.pete

Hi Pete

Its not a problem with the post its been delivered to him mate its the fact that he's telling his credit card it was a fraudulent transaction that he did not authorise.

Cheers Darren

Social source share

Did he say it was a fraudulent transaction twice Darren?

Yes and they swallowed it twice, however It was two different card companies once Mastercard and once Visa so they were probably not linked although I did Impress on them its the second time he did this, but they didn't want to know, being a competant criminal he must have been aware that using different cards for each payment he'd make it near impossible to prove.

Cheers Darren

Social source share

Yes and they swallowed it twice, however It was two different card companies once Mastercard and once Visa so they were probably not linked although I did Impress on them its the second time he did this, but they didn't want to know, being a competant criminal he must have been aware that using different cards for each payment he'd make it near impossible to prove.

Cheers Darren

Wow! That is disgraceful.

Social source share

Guest Lobster Madras

Wow! That is disgraceful.

Absolutely bloody outrageous.. problem in this country is there is nobody to complain to when you get stitched like this... No real small claims kind of channels to go through..

I was taken for £5000 by a so called professional here and unlike the UK there are no channels short of full on legal cases ( mega money ) for retrieving your money..So I just had to swallow it, despite nearly resorting to old fashioned methods ..... The UK has a decent legal system and we take it for granted..

I have 2 good friends who sell records for a living here in France and know personally many collectors ...It is indeed criminals like this that give everyone else a bad name...

Naming and shaming is definitely a good idea and I wish you all the best..

Edited by Lobster Madras
Social source share

can you post up all his usernames e-mail addresses for ebay paypal etc so he can be avoided.

sorry to hear about this it sounds like a nightmare.

Dont know if he has an ebay account now but I've got his old one somewhere, been dorment years, his email is

soulrare@gmail.com but he'll probably change that now, maybe give him a email ask him if he's got a WANTS LIST.

I dont have any paypal details he aint got an account with them, this payment came via credit card.

Cheers Darren

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Nightmare, believe me I know how it feels to be ripped off and have to fork out legal fees to get your money back. In my case I've had to sell all my records to fund it as I'm going to the High Court and have a solicitor who charges £400 and hour and a barrister that charges £5000 per hour plus VAT. And to make matters worse I've been out of work for the best part of a year because of it and some so called mates, one of whom is reading this thread, and who are in partnership with these thieves have done sod all about it, they carry on doing their busines with them because they are spinless, yellow bellied, greedy, and unscrupulous.

The good, strong, stand up people in this world are few and far between, there are even less who will cross the road to help you if you are in need and most will stab you in the back for a few quid if they think they can get away with it.

My heart goes out to you and huge kudos for fighting this person, as has been suggested, maybe worth hooking up with Jazzman Gerald and seeing if it's worth taking joint action against him? The legal system in this country is terrible, no protection for the good and the just, but millions paid out to terrorist extremists who are tortured or to criminals who try to hang themselves in prison.

While we're on the subject, Micky Cruise ripped me off for £250, I gave money to Ady Croasdell to pass to Micky at 100 club (April 2009 I think it was), he gave Ady the wrong record, Ady gives wrogn record to me I sent it back to Micky he never gave me my money back excuse after excuse after excuse every time I saw him, been after that for almost 2 years. If anyone can get that out of him they can keep half of it.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Just a quick update the guys been very busy, he's also done one the UKs biggest dealers recently as well, I'm slowly making contact with everyone and figuring the best option to take.

I've also had many US dealers contact me through the Ebay listing I've put up and they all seem to have been stung as well although not for a few years the last one is 3 years ago.

Cheers Darren

Social source share

Guest franky m

Sorry to hear about that Darren , i hope you can get enoth people on the case to make it a viable prospect for the french police to take action against this crook ,

i have a similar experience but not for as much money , the guy who robbed me was

mr f lavaude

14 av des abeilles

villeparisis

france

Social source share

I feel for you Darren, I got stiffed by a guy in Mexico a while back......try and get any joy from the country.......:unsure: ...........God only knows how many other poor beggers he shafted..........this is whats left of his ebay profile, if anyone else was stiffed, drop me a pm.

https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=dkolexion&&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Phil.

Social source share

Darren - As you pointed out in the auction listing, he also uses the alias xxxxx (matches the email address you listed above), and he is a dodgy seller as well - he tried to sell a copy of Mr. Soul on Genuine back in June of this year. I suspect Ebay would like to track him down as well as they ended up refunding the full cost of the record as it was paid for via PayPal.

PM sent.

- honky

Edited by mike
name removed at request of other person
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

While a lot of these sending in hard boys and fisting of frogs comments might be mildly amusing, as advice they're crap, The idea of 'UK soul boys' seeking retribution in a town like Marseille, with all its underworld connections is laughable to say the least. If you want come back in pine overcoat, by all means go take on Mehdi and the Marseille Mafia. The law courts are the only sensible option, if not just cut your losses and once bitten, twice shy etc. The world is a rum place and Marseille is particularly rum...

Social source share

Guest Marcelle

While we're on the subject, Micky Cruise ripped me off for £250, I gave money to Ady Croasdell to pass to Micky at 100 club (April 2009 I think it was), he gave Ady the wrong record, Ady gives wrogn record to me I sent it back to Micky he never gave me my money back excuse after excuse after excuse every time I saw him, been after that for almost 2 years. If anyone can get that out of him they can keep half of it.

Edited by Marcelle
Social source share

As much as I agree with kicking the sh*t out of this French piece of pond life it does not help Darren advising him to do so really.

As a business man he cannot get involved with actions that would put him in line for legal or physical retaliation from that w*nker.

Painful as it is, he has to go through legal channels even if it does feel like his getting nowhere fast.

At the end of the day it's down to Darren to take matters as far as he wishes and that would obviously work out to be viable if a satisfactory outcome is possible.

What actions are taken if all legal avenues are blocked and there is no way of recouping the money through the correct channels is another matter though.

But......... once again that would be down to Darren and I don't think it would be wise for him to be mentioning that he plan's any "alternative" means of collecting either his money owed or any other form of repayment that appears appealling !

Information gives knowledge. Knowledge is power.

If any one has any leads to this fu*cker, especially financial, they should be used to hit him where it hurts.

In the pocket !

Good luck Darren.

ATB

Eddie

Edited by eddiep
Social source share

I came across the warning on Ebay so thanks for posting on there - I don't think EBay have a section for known trouble makers / conmen.......they pretend to get it sorted and it never repeats angry.gif

Its about as effective as the PayPal refund policies ...................ph34r.gif

Maybe if every UK buyer emailed every French seller on EBay on a day of protest to say "i would have bid on this 45 if the fellow conman from your country.....name and shame.............refunded x amount to y" then at least they might all be made aware of the issue too.........wink.gif

Fair to brand all French sellers with same brush...nope.......but that's also what happened in Belgium............

Until this guy is dealt with makes it very hard to trade / buy from France for any higher value item............................rolleyes.gif

Edited by RareMusicDirect
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

yep I FUKIN WOULD NO WORRIES....1400 OF MY HARD EARNED AND MY KIDS INHERITANCE..

MAIMING IS WELL WORTH 1400 OF ANYONES CASH.... :lol: :lol:

GASHER

Too right, the laws do more to protect the criminals than the victims of financial crimes.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

All these threats of violence and you haven't a clue who might be reading. I personally think all the bravado should be left off here and simply leave it to Darren and his legal team unless you can offer some real assistance. All the talk of knocking seven shades of sh*t out of someone and others threats, even if they deserve it, doesn't really help and could be a hindrance to Darren and his team.

Social source share

We didn't think that all the talk of violence looked too good on this topic. Regardless of what we think should happen to people like the one concerned in this topic and what we might like to do to him it could be detrimental to Darren's case and have other knock on effects. For this reason we decided to remove all talk of violence and what you might wish to do to the culprit, all the off topic has also been removed.

If you have anything further to add please ensure it is constructive, any more off topic and talk of violence will simply be removed.

Social source share