Hip Hug-Her - Weston Super Mare 13Th Nov

Guest Glawster

Guest Glawster

What a venue the Grand Atlantic is!!!

Seriously folks get yer backsides down to this event if you can.

Pete and Helen travelled up from Poole and had booked a hotel,so we decided to join them 'cus it usually gets messy lol :thumbup: ,having arrived @ Fawlty Towers around 12.30 we had a drink and a meal and set off to hit the pier - Top job of the Pier Weston :thumbsup: .

Making it back to chez Fawlty we bumped into fellow soulies Mel and Ian and had a chat before getting ready for the evenings event,Pete and Helen arrived,fed(packet of crisps and some nuts-Pete you sure know how to spoil a lady!) watered,showered and we were off on the brisk 5 min walk to the Grand.

Great to see so many familiar faces that had travelled from near and far - Mick was on the decks when we arrived and set the standard for the rest of the evening - Ken,Matt,Pete and Des kept the floor going along with a few "curved balls" that had the punters chin stroking and pondering as to what they were! Nice to see folks reactions to new choons - dont ask me what they were,I have a head like a sieve!:yes:

All I know is this morning my legs told me I enjoyed the choonage on offer,

Big hand to all concerned in organising and running this event - To the DJs and the punters - like I said earlier get yer backsides down to the next one and support a great venue and soul night!!

post-11061-0-68677100-1289742496_thumb.j

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Dear All

Many thanks for letting me play a few tunes, as normal there was a great gathering of soulies who appreciate sounds old and new. This event is one of the best around, the friendy crowd and the great sound system and venue- the organisers deserve a great pat on the back, hears to more great nites in the future- ktf

I had a brilliant time! :yes: heard some tunes that I haven't heard played out for years!! :D some I'd never heard before! :D and some of my absolute favs! :no:

so, I agree with the comments made.... musically, it was one of the best nights I've had at Weston too! ... just couldn't get off the dance floor! :thumbsup:

All the dj's seemed to compliment each other! :yes: ... the atmosphere was really good,... and the floor was active all night! the only complaint I could make was the time went far too quickly!! unsure.gif I was amazed at the end of the night!.. time certainly does fly when you're having fun!! :D it was great seeing all our friends again - and missed some too!

:yes: Thanx for a great night x

Edited by bunty
Guest fatcontroller

Sorry to give you guy's the bad news but Hiphugger is no longer carrying on, the writting has been on the wall all this year partly because of the fall in attendance but mainly it's just down to the ecconomics of running the event.

Extremley gutted but still Soulin'

Thank you for supporting the south wests leading venue over the past 10 years.

Mick & Ken

Guest Glawster

Mick , Ken sorry to hear its the end of Hip Hug Her @ The Grand - We've not always been able to come down for varying reasons but on the ocassions we have attended its been an excellent night.

Hopefully see you out and about in the south west soon.

Best Regards

Mart and Sue

Sorry to give you guy's the bad news but Hiphugger is no longer carrying on, the writting has been on the wall all this year partly because of the fall in attendance but mainly it's just down to the ecconomics of running the event.

Mick & Ken

Dear Mick and Ken

I'm so sorry to hear that news, this is one of my favourite all time northern soul venues. I feel privilidged to have Dj'd, danced and met so many good friends here. I do not understand why the attendances have been low as the efforts put in by you both, Tracey and Heather, have been exceptional, you've had a great selection of Dj's at the venue playing across the board tunes

I hope to see you all soon and the only thing I can say is well done and thanks for the memories- keep the faith from Matt

Guest andrew bin

Mick & Ken

well done guys at least you finished on a high note :unsure:

Guest souldjer 1

yeh its sad but full of good memories,a big thanks to you all for prolonging this event.only ever missed 1 or 2 in the past 10 yrs or so.

great dancefloor and friends is what weston was all about...

deano

Edited by souldjer 1