Jason Knight Info

Staceys Dad

that nice mr.brian matthews :ohmy: on sound of the 60s yesterday played jason night "our love is getting stronger" with only small amount of info on him ...seems he was probably born in london and might of been a dj and thats was it...well i reckon there must be someone on here who can maybe put a bit more info on him...by the way what a great show mr.matthews does :ohmy:...

Social source share

that nice mr.brian matthews :ohmy: on sound of the 60s yesterday played jason night "our love is getting stronger" with only small amount of info on him ...seems he was probably born in london and might of been a dj and thats was it...well i reckon there must be someone on here who can maybe put a bit more info on him...by the way what a great show mr.matthews does :ohmy:...

Heard this in the car on the way up to Rugby yesterday I hadn't heard it for years and got a real buzz.. I'm not a big fan of blue eyed soul but some really work and don't feel out of place( Paul Anka ICHLY is another). Sorry got no info on Jason Knight unfortunately.

Cheers

Manus

Social source share

Sorry Ted but never has a statement been so innacurate!

Firstly, he is dead.

Secondly he was white.

His name was Derek Knight and he was managed by Gordon Mills of Tom Jones/ Engelbert Humperdink management fame.

And, I shit you not, he was scheduled to be the first UK artist signed to Motown but his management advised against this.

How do you know I'm not making all this up? Well Mick Smith was selling a copy of Our Love Is Getting Stronger two weeks back, and Jason Knight's daughter got in touch with him and told him all about her Dad, and the letter she has from Motown.

Top Stuff Pete !! You should be a news hound!! Atb John :thumbsup:

Social source share

Firstly, he is dead.

Secondly he was white.

His name was Derek Knight and he was managed by Gordon Mills of Tom Jones/ Engelbert Humperdink management fame.

And, I shit you not, he was scheduled to be the first UK artist signed to Motown but his management advised against this.

How do you know I'm not making all this up? Well Mick Smith was selling a copy of Our Love Is Getting Stronger two weeks back, and Jason Knight's daughter got in touch with him and told him all about her Dad, and the letter she has from Motown.

Very interesting Pete .

This puts a bit more flesh on the bones of a tale I heard years ago , that Motown had only signed Kiki Dee following not being able to sign two other artists , one of them being dusty Springfield due to contractual implications .

Malc

Social source share

Firstly, he is dead.

Secondly he was white.

wait till i see Draper again thats 2 drinks he owes me :thumbsup:

Social source share

wait till i see Draper again thats 2 drinks he owes me :thumbsup:

never belieive Draper...he told you the Railway Club was 2 mile from the Fleet, probably is the speed he goes.

Btw my wife was mortified with you F this and f that when asking people to dance...first dj she's heard do that since Emperor Rosko at the Wirrina :lol:laugh.gif:yes::no:

Social source share

never belieive Draper...he told you the Railway Club was 2 mile from the Fleet, probably is the speed he goes.

Btw my wife was mortified with you F this and f that when asking people to dance...first dj she's heard do that since Emperor Rosko at the Wirrina :thumbsup::lol:laugh.gif:yes:

im suprised Paul with your gutter voice and it was only once for that c/u and it worked :no:

Social source share

im suprised Paul with your gutter voice and it was only once for that c/u and it worked :lol:

laugh.gif:yes:

me to draper...."this aint a wigan record"

Draper to me " never heard it before, shall I go and make a twat of myself and ask him what it is?"

Me to Draper.." yeah why change the habit of a life time mate?"

Draper to me " want some cheese and chive crisps" happy days Kev... :thumbsup:

Social source share

had a first issue bought back in the 70s , sold it to rick [warburton]? matchies buddy. one night at middleton, he was and still is over the moon, took him all those years to locate a pukka first issue. great record , still love hearing it occassionally. ezzie :ohmy:

Edited by ezzie brown
Social source share

• 2 years later...
Guest ariesnikki

Hi all my name is Nikki and it was my dad Derek Knight who wrote Our Love Is Getting Stronger he sang for The Nothings and The Loving Kind back in the sixties, his guitarist was Noel Redding who famously went on to play with Jimi Hendrix for the Experience tour, my dad wrote many songs of which I have on vinyl but died in 2005 in Folkestone, I've included a photo of him for your interest take care all and my dad would be so proud to know people are still enjoying his track which features in the soundtrack to 'Soul Boy'

post-29315-0-85648800-1357059898_thumb.j

post-29315-0-81036500-1357059934_thumb.j

Social source share

Hi all my name is Nikki and it was my dad Derek Knight who wrote Our Love Is Getting Stronger he sang for The Nothings and The Loving Kind back in the sixties, his guitarist was Noel Redding who famously went on to play with Jimi Hendrix for the Experience tour, my dad wrote many songs of which I have on vinyl but died in 2005 in Folkestone, I've included a photo of him for your interest take care all and my dad would be so proud to know people are still enjoying his track which features in the soundtrack to 'Soul Boy'

Great stuff Nikki.

The Loving Kind did a version of "Ain't That peculiar", one of the earliest Motown covers by a UK band. Very collectable group.

Edited by Pete S
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!