Rarest Tamla Motown Lp

• 8 years later...
  • Replies 64
  • Views 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Had a discussion today with my mate Mick and he is saying one of the rarest LP's to have on Motown has a photo of the 'Motown House' (his words) on the cover, I'm presuming the Hitsville USA house? Anyway I cannot find a Motown (UK or otherwise) LP with this sort of cover??? Is there one in existence?

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

Is it Motown Memories Volume 2 ? When i used to collect Motown albums vol 2 was always a lot harder to find than vol 1. It had Barbara McNair's "You're gonna love my baby" on it.  Hard to find but not one of the rarest.

Edited by alan t
Social source share

On 17/11/2010 at 14:25, JOHNNYBETCHA said:

I bought The Monitors LP also from Woolworths but in the Walsall branch. I also got Bobby Taylor and the Originals from there as well - I think they were 10/6 or somat ridiculous - happy days ay!!!

I got a monitors lp in the Blackburn branch. 1974.

Social source share

3 hours ago, alan t said:

Is it Motown Memories Volume 2 ? When i used to collect Motown albums vol 2 was always a lot harder to find than vol 1. It had Barbara McNair's "You're gonna love my baby" on it.  Hard to find but not one of the rarest.

Yes I think that is the one he is on about, there is a row of houses on the cover. Someone in an earlier post said it's 'West Grand Bld'.

In my collection.

mot.jpg.2b7da130ac7be9b42e54c1220a482f89.jpg 

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

42 minutes ago, Soul-Slider said:

Yes I think that is the one he is on about, there is a row of houses on the cover. Someone in an earlier post said it's 'West Grand Bld'.

In my collection.

mot.jpg.2b7da130ac7be9b42e54c1220a482f89.jpg 

it isn't the rarest though and not that hard to pick up these days, been a few pretty cheap through eBay.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!