Sandy Golden-Your Love Is Everything & When Were Alone Tonight

snooky

butch and richard, deffo, dont know about a third one but someone will pipe up im sure. again, i was told a story about richard's copy getting some sort of scuff on the intro, so plays but not perfect. tis a great tune.:thumbsup:

Richards i think went to kenny Burrell then to Carl willingham, not sure if carl still has it..

Social source share

Ted

For me in this particular case the word "Masterpiece" is just not enough!

This is one of the best Soul songs ever recorded IMHO - a stunning vocal which makes me well up every time I hear it which 'aint that often due to its rarity.

Mick

i think the B side of the Sweets shades the SG track only cause i got that one :thumbsup:

Social source share

Ted

For me in this particular case the word "Masterpiece" is just not enough!

This is one of the best Soul songs ever recorded IMHO - a stunning vocal which makes me well up every time I hear it which 'aint that often due to its rarity.

Mick

totally agree mate, absolutely gorgeous piece of music

jason

Social source share

I know where's there's a copy of this - I was hoping to have it for sale but doesn't look as if that's going to happen now. Oddly enough, I have her only other 45 here at the moment. There's a name and phone number on the label, why not ring it, might be her old manager as well as producer or something.

post-1893-0-80849200-1289851123_thumb.jp

Social source share

I know where's there's a copy of this - I was hoping to have it for sale but doesn't look as if that's going to happen now. Oddly enough, I have her only other 45 here at the moment. There's a name and phone number on the label, why not ring it, might be her old manager as well as producer or something.

post-1893-0-80849200-1289851123_thumb.jp

Mate of mine has the Pheonix 45 too.

Social source share

Serlings copy came via Rob Marriot who in turn aquired it from Ion who I think really played it first..So credit to Ion :lol:

It was on an outstanding tape Ion made for me in...ooooh...'84? 85? Absolutely lovely record, only heard it played out once and that was by Ion at his & Guy's Soultown niter in Blackburn a few years later.

Social source share

here you go

This thought's been at the back of my mind for 26 years since seeing Ion's copy. Have you noticed the similarity (probably better to say spitting image) of the typeface on the Sandy Golden to the boots of things like The Magnificents on Dee Gee, Christy Allen on Diamond, Lee David on Ruby etc?

Not implying anything untoward, but in view of Pete's assumption of Sandy Golden's records coming from either the late '70s or early '80s, do you thnk the boots I mentioned would have been done at the same US pressing plant / label printing plant?

Social source share

This thought's been at the back of my mind for 26 years since seeing Ion's copy. Have you noticed the similarity (probably better to say spitting image) of the typeface on the Sandy Golden to the boots of things like The Magnificents on Dee Gee, Christy Allen on Diamond, Lee David on Ruby etc?

Not implying anything untoward, but in view of Pete's assumption of Sandy Golden's records coming from either the late '70s or early '80s, do you thnk the boots I mentioned would have been done at the same US pressing plant / label printing plant?

I know the boots you mean, but Lee David isn't one, it's black with silver lettering and nothing like the others; the others including The Mob on Daybreak, Sandra Phillips on Broadway, the two you mention, The first Superlatives boot on Uptite. I always wondered where these came fromk, I know now that they were from the usual L.A. source. Sandy Golden is also from L.A. She was a member of The Sweets who's record Satisfy Me baby was also booted by the same people, in fact they managed to get an unissued instrumental version of it off the mastertapes and left off There's Something About My Baby - which has the same backing track as Sandy Golden. There's a few links there Gene. Well spotted.

Social source share

pete,i've got the pheonix 45 ....actually think it's a great record in a similar vein to her masterpiece 45...probably done at the same time as i remember one side states "masterpiece music" or something like that....good job we all like different stuff ....one man's s**t is another man's gold n all that!!!!!!

franc

Social source share

I know the boots you mean, but Lee David isn't one, it's black with silver lettering and nothing like the others; the others including The Mob on Daybreak, Sandra Phillips on Broadway, the two you mention, The first Superlatives boot on Uptite. I always wondered where these came fromk, I know now that they were from the usual L.A. source. Sandy Golden is also from L.A. She was a member of The Sweets who's record Satisfy Me baby was also booted by the same people, in fact they managed to get an unissued instrumental version of it off the mastertapes and left off There's Something About My Baby - which has the same backing track as Sandy Golden. There's a few links there Gene. Well spotted.

funny isnt it old pal, how the only way to get the instr of the sweets is on a boot, quite a rare occurance especially where boots are concerned and a track thats not been played since the halcyon days of soussan 73/74....thats why i had it off your good self!. i love all this anorak stuff....it seems sandy golden has had more owners than hot dinners!!...so do you reckon this one you were on the verge of obtaining is a 4th copy ( presuming there are only 3)?

Social source share

funny isnt it old pal, how the only way to get the instr of the sweets is on a boot, quite a rare occurance especially where boots are concerned and a track thats not been played since the halcyon days of soussan 73/74....thats why i had it off your good self!. i love all this anorak stuff....it seems sandy golden has had more owners than hot dinners!!...so do you reckon this one you were on the verge of obtaining is a 4th copy ( presuming there are only 3)?

I don't know how many there are but this wasn't me talking out of my arse, it was definitely going to happen, though probably not now as the seller is a little off the radar at the moment.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!