Bill Bush - I'm Waiting

Guest James Trouble

Guest James Trouble

Does anybody know if Bill Bush "I'm Waiting" is on styrene or vinyl?

What's the history behind this record? When was it discovered, when was it first played etc.

It's on RONN, but that's quiet a big label. Is it really that rare?

Thanks

JT

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

According to a bit of history I've just read up on about this:

"The three-piece Bill Bush Combo produced the track as a promotional item to advertise their band in 1965. It was released on Stan Lewis' RONN label (named after Stan's brother). Sales were minimal at the time and many remaining stock copies were lost forever during a clean out at Jewel records in the 1970s. In addition, a number of the original, and only, pressing, were pressed with labels off-centre."

Here's a picture of the Bill Bush Combo - I presume Bill is in the centre (love the dicky-bows!):

post-2-1086879933_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Thanks Gene, that's on the ebay listing. I was thinking of trying to win it, but I refuse to pay big money for styrene records:-( Also, it seems a bit 'lumpy' for a record on RONN. How rare is it concidered to be?

Social source share

That's right James - but under the new forum ruling, it's not possible for me to post the link to the ad until the auction has finished.

As far as I know, the great majority of records from this subsidiary (Paula, Ronn, Jewel) were pressed on vinyl rather than styrene. Not sure about this one though, but I would safely guess that it's pressed on vinyl.

Gene

Social source share

Bill Bush was covered up by Gary Spencer probably early 90's, but can't

remember what as. I had a couple of copies in the late 90's for about £100 each.

Story was some guy got a few copies from the label owner. Anyway they're

long since gone. Don't think it's worth anything like figure on ebay, maybe

£300, but then it's obviously getting hyped

Social source share

Thanks Gene, that's on the ebay listing. I was thinking of trying to win it, but I refuse to pay big money for styrene records:-( Also, it seems a bit 'lumpy' for a record on RONN. How rare is it concidered to be?

I am a fellow styreneophobic. The copies of Bill Bush I have seen were all vinyl, but I cannot guarantee that they all are. At least some copies should be around in the U.S. since it has not been searched out other than in recent years. Possibly not listed as soul by americans.

Christian

Social source share

oh aye last months manifesto had a double page article written by scotch martin on Mr Bill Bush and his 45

Billy Lennox - Baby I'm Lost Without You ;-) They were pressed on vinyl.

Janine

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert