Stoke Sunday Soul Session

Goldsoul

The Queens, Etruria Rd, Basford, S-O-T

3-10pm. 'the full history of the scene'

Join DJs: Nige Brown, Dave Evison, Rob Smith, Kev Roberts, Keith Minshull, Phil Ankers, Oz

A great Sunday 'ccol out'.

Admission £5. Excellent venue right of the A500.

Every 3rd Sunday.

Text 0784-1197874 or e: sales@goldsoul.co.uk for more details.

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Here's the line-up for Sunday:

3 Oz

4 Chris Williams

5 Rob Smith

6 Kev Roberts

7 Phil Ankers

8 Nige Brown

9 Keith Minshull

10 Close.

Not been to the Queens before but with a line up like this it could be my 1st time only takes me 35 mins to Stoke so its in easy reach.

Looks like it could be a cracking afternoon.

Gaz

Not been to the Queens before but with a line up like this it could be my 1st time only takes me 35 mins to Stoke so its in easy reach.

Looks like it could be a cracking afternoon.

Gaz

Yo Gaz

Long time no see!!

The opening one was a great succes,,, cant see why the next one on Sunday wont be

Along with the classics a nice chance to hear all sorts of things from all the eras of the scene,throu out the afternoon evening!!

Be great to see some West Mids in Soul on Trent!!

Nige

On a separate note, we are looking for Guest spinners to keep the flow moving. After this Sunday we are on the 3rd Sunday so anyone wishing to be a turntable terror for an hour get in touch. You'll be joining Residents- Keith Minshull, Nige Brown, Kev Roberts and

Oz.

Was hoping you were going along this line with this one Kev!

Some great spinners out there with a lot of great collections that never get Showcased!!

Look what happened with Danny Clegg last week at the Tower,,,:thumbup:

Love these Sunday sessions some GREAT music can be aired rather than just the Full on Northern etc

Hope you get a great responce,,,, i know some people bang on about not being given a chance!

Well here it is!!! :thumbup:

Anyone remember 1968? If so, please ask for

Apricot Brandy- on UK Elektra. I've been dying to play it for 40 years. Massive in Nottingham yet no one appears to have heard if it.

A bizarre 45 though!

NOW THERE'S AN OBSCURE TUNE - INSTRUMENTAL BY RHINOCERUS.

LIKE YOU I'VE NOT PLAYED IT SINCE I BOUGHT IT ALL THEM YEARS AGO NOR HEARD IT PLAYED OUT ANYWHERE :thumbup:

PETE

On a separate note, we are looking for Guest spinners to keep the flow moving. After this Sunday we are on the 3rd Sunday so anyone wishing to be a turntable terror for an hour get in touch. You'll be joining Residents- Keith Minshull, Nige Brown, Kev Roberts and

Oz.

hi Kev great news i'll put Andrew's name forward and mine cheers Kev, love Sam and Andrew.

Was hoping you were going along this line with this one Kev!

Some great spinners out there with a lot of great collections that never get Showcased!!

Look what happened with Danny Clegg last week at the Tower,,,:thumbsup:

Love these Sunday sessions some GREAT music can be aired rather than just the Full on Northern etc

Hope you get a great responce,,,, i know some people bang on about not being given a chance!

Well here it is!!! :hatsoff2:

Nige,

Can ask you drop the use of coloured & bold fonts as per house rules on link below.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/articles/news-soul/forum-house-rules-r1879

OK if just the odd post to highlight important things but noticed you seem to use them on every post.

All you are doing is slowing Kev's thread down for folks without broadband & clogging up site.

Rules there for a reason.

thread reopened

have unapproved all posts regarding site matters as feel best thing all round

if any of the members who posted do have views on this action then please pm me and will discuss further

have said it many times, if do have any comments or views on any moderation aspects that you wish to state

then either report/flag the post (bottom right of every post) or post in the feedback forum

mike