Every Item Has A Soundfile And A Scan...incs Saint-John (Strawberry 7") Hank Diamond (Wp 7") Dotti Wright (F-M) And Loads More

***All solds struck through and now offers invited on the rest...ta...MRez*** Resolution Records Set Sale List Tuesday November 16th, 2010:

PM or email me on mail@resolutionrecords.co.uk

SOUNDFILES - PLEASE NOTE!! My own 'unique' soundfiles are all taken from the actual copy/s of the record offered for sale but 99% of MP3s don't always sound so good - this is unavoidable. MP3s are so highly compressed that the quality drops whilst also highlight even the tiniest flaws and minor defects in the records but these are NOT scratches/clicks so please do NOT take this as a sign that the records are in bad condition because they are not. Even M- and unplayed stuff doesn't sound great because of the compression - my written gradings are a more reliable condition guide being 100% honest and as accurate as I can make them so please read them carefully.

List categories are set out as below, and, if you feel I'm too expensive on anything, just make me a 'fair' offer - you never know...

(1) 7″ singles:

(2) 12″ singles:

(3) LPs:

Sleeves graded first where applicable

(1) 7″ singles - all genres:

Bobby Penn 'High-Heel Sneakers' (50 States / USA / 1960s / M-) £10

( New one on me? Excellent, upbeat 'Swamp-Funk' version of the old Robert Higgenbottom classic here - really works well - excellent girlie backing and a great, raspy vocal performance from Bobby himself...stone, STONE mint DJ copy... )

7001 - scan | soundfile

Alvin Cash 'Doin' The Creep' (77 / USA / 1960s / M-) £10

( Again - new one to me...and I thought I'd had / seen all of this 'Funk Masters' 7" output but nice to be surprised here - great cut with twanging guitar and solid r-section - cool girlie vocals too - must say the wah-wahs on this are ace...stone mint M/S WD copy here too.... )

Lenny Williams 'Sho Doo Fu Fu Ooh' / 'Problem Solver' (ABC / UK / 1977 / Ex+) £5

( Nice copy of this much-loved Northern Soul / 70s 'feelgood' tune - was HUGE on that scene as a new release... )

Ray Charles 'I Don't Need No Doctor' (ABC / USA / 1960s / VG+) £15

( First copy of this in a few years now - still a stunning, stunning 45 - just an instant floorfiller - looks a bit rough but plays more like an Ex copy with only very minimal crackle here and there...TUNE............with The Raelettes sounding mighty FINE on the backing too... )

Bobby Scott 'Pity The Poor Man' / 'White Line' (ABC Paramount / USA / 1960s / Ex) £15

( Outstanding, raucous, full-on R&B double-sider - from 1962 at a guess? Great backing from Don Costa and an exemplary vocal performance from BS on both sides - would sound SO great on a big system...few crackles here and there but nuttin' major - turn the volume UP....!! )

7006 - scan | soundfile

The Virtues 'Meditation Of The Soul' (Andee / USA / 1960s / VG+) £15

( I've no idea who / what inspired these Phillysoul journeymen to write a "Sitar Funk" tune but I'm very glad they did....I have a dream of one day doing a whole 'sitar' set with stuff like this and Dave Pike 'Mathar', Dorothy Ashby 'The Moving Finger', Asha Puthli, Ananda Shankar etc etc - one day, I will...few marks / scuffs on this but it plays one while grade better than VG+...irresistible... )

Beverley & Duane 'Take A Ride' (Ariola / USA / 1979 / Ex) £8

( For me - this is THE best cut on their indemand LP - lovely, lovely little floater which just sucks you in after a few spins - totally infectious 70s Northern that always goes down well when played out - few scuffs and marks here and there cause minor, minor crackle here and there but in no way impinges on the overall enjoyment of this superb 70s Soul tune... )

7010 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=UvF93eHTxGk

Willie Rosario 'Watusi Boogaloo' (Atco / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £40

( Willie wrote the book on Latin dance! This man was a Big Apple L-E-G-E-N-D back in the 60s and it's so refreshing to see stuff like this getting played in clubs again - joyful, irrepressible and completely evocative tune that is just impossible to dislike - beautiful WDJ copy here - flew out last time I listed it...

Aretha Frankin 'Save Me' (Atlantic / UK / 1967 / VG) £5

( I was reading about 'Lady Soul' online a few days back and the writer described here as 'THE greatest voice of the 20th Century' - difficult to argue against that statement, as this tune will testify. Just unmissable - and again, impossible to sit still when this kicks in. Sadly this one's not in great shape - scuffs / marks all over and the middle has been dinked bit it's still a great player...mighty tune.... )

Ruth Brown 'I Burned Your Letter' / 'Don't Deceive Me' (Atlantic / USA / 1960s / Ex) £20

( Ditto the above - another GREAT voice - unmistakeable vocal technique and here on a stone-gold classic slice of good time R&B - just brilliant and I'm now beginning to love some of this early-Soul stuff - it really is like a breath of fresh air...few marks / scuffs here and there but has very little effect on the sound quality....love it.... )

John Edwards 'Claim Jumpin' / 'Careful Man' (Aware / USA / 1973 / Ex+) £8

( 2 good tunes from John - one written by Sam Dees / Bill Brandon and the other by Jimmy Lewis - lovely copy here... )

7017 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=Dk2bFaOc5dI

Executive Suite 'When The Fuel Runs Out' / 'You Got It' (Babylon / USA / 1973 / M-) £10

( Outstanding 'Proto-Disco' outta NYC - strong shades of early Patrick Adams / Cloud One here - all pumping basslines and quirky keys and floating vibes (Vince Montana, Jr? Sounds like him...) flip is also ace - unplayed copy here... )

7019 https://www.youtube.c...%E2%80%99+&aq=f

The Dynamics 'You're The Only One' / 'Woe Is Me' (Black Gold / USA / 1974 / M-) £10

( 2 of THE best cuts from their rare / indemand 'What A Shame' LP - excellent Soul music.... )

Donald Byrd 'Change (Makes You Wanna Hustle) Pts 1 & 2' (Blue Note / UK / 1976 / Ex+) £8

( Peachy to have this one in on a 7" - must be rare!!?? Blue Note hardly ever put out 7"s...and this is just a big, long, lovely ride on the Mizell Bros bus all the way round the World and then back to Don Byrd's studio - few marks here and there but plays reet good - Mizells = Genius = Happy Mark Rez... )

7025 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=EBVgRuUwkVk

Midnight Movers 'Can't Stand The Heat' / 'Mississippi Foxhole' (Buddah / France / 1974 / Ex+/M- £8

( Nice French pic baggie issue for these 2 great Funky Soul cuts....lovely condition... )

Johnny Thunder 'I'm Alive' (Calla / USA / 1960s / M-) £30

( Best version by a MILE for me - fuzz-drenched and raucous - Johnny gives it LARGE here....stunning condition - massive Mod tune from day dot - don't miss this...!! )

A Taste Of Honey 'I Love You' (Capitol / UK / 1979 / Ex) £8

( From the harp-led intro with the big string washes right thru to the strident guitar part and hooky piano, as soon as this kicks in you KNOW you are in for a happy 3.5 minutes of listening pleasure...this List is becoming a right old 'Mark Rez Fave Producers Special', innit? Tommy Stewart, David Axelrod, Patrick Adams and NOW here come those Mizells again - just pure, pure Studio magic on this track - it's making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up now just listening to this as I type!! Wonderful 45 that truly doesn't come up for sale too often and on an even rarer demo too - slightly crackly here and there so keenly priced for y'awl...T-U-N-E............... )

The Invaders 'Stop Teasing' / 'Invaders At The Carnival' (Columbia / France / 1960s / M-/M-) £25

( Rare French pic sleeve for these 2 cool Laurel Aitken written-produced Skin Reggae sides - immaculate condition... )

7040 - scan | soundfile

Grand Strand 'Laredo' (Creative Arts / USA / 1970s / M-) £60

( South Carolina funk obscurity with a Modern Soul edge, flip is folk/funk soul. Still very unknown at the moment, could take off in the right hands...obscure as hell...great brass.. )

7041 - scan | soundfile

Soul On Delivery 'Crescent Boogie' / 'Hustle (Dance Of The Day)' (Decca / UK / 1975 / Ex+) £15

( More great UK Funk - both sides have their different merits - 'Hustle' is my fave with more of a driving beat and heavy basslines - 'Crescent Boogie' is more varied with some great brass, bass and drum parts and some cheeky strings - file alongside F.B.I, The Glitter Band, Cymande etc betc - absolute cracking Drumbreak on 'Hustle' too - a brilliant little double-sider...very, very tough to find...nice copy here... )

7042 - scan | soundfile

Pleasure 'Ghettos Of The Mind' (Fantasy / USA / 1976 / Ex) £8

( Csomic Jazz Funk from Wayne Henderson & Co - slightly ruff copy (tatty labels) so priced low....

7049 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=K1Pw12Gw9VA

Floaters & Shu-Ga 'For Your Love' (Fee / USA / 1975 / Ex+) £15

( More lovely 2 Step Soul this List - and this one's always been an indemander - has all of the classic ingredients for a good Stepper - deep, deep basslines, male / female vocal interplay and staccato backing + rising brass - cracking tune - my first-ever copy...sorry that this Youtube link is so lo-fi - it sounds very bright on my 7″ here... )

Dotti Wright 'Eclipse Of A Lover' / 'Pain Of Love' (F-M / USA / 1960s / M-) £50

( 2 great Femme Soul sides here - topside is much-collected Xover Soul while flip is stunning Deep Soul...outta Chicago from, at a guess, 1970? Lovely condition and apart from that, I can tell you next to nothing else about this hopelessly obscure USA 7"... )

7052 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=vzXuHIuUDxY

Irma Thomas 'She'll Never Be Your Wife' (Fungus / USA / 1970s / Ex+) £5

( S/S demo copy of this down-home, grits 'n' gravy-styled belter from another wonderful vocalist - plods along beautifully... )

Morris Jefferson 'One More Time' / 'It's The Last Time Around For Me' (Good Luck / USA / 1980 / Ex+) £15

( More niceness from the Windy C - this label is a subsidiary of GEC who gave us Starvue, Heaven and Earth etc etc - 2 classy midpacers on this 7" - wonderful instrumentation and a tremendous vocal performance from MJ - I believe he was actually lead singer in Heaven and Earth - anybody confirm/deny? Few minor scuffs - otherwise completely clean... )

7056 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=n6AtfJRTFTI

Reuben Wilson 'I'll Take You There' (Groove Merchant / USA / 1974 / M-)£8

( Excellent little keys-led version of the Staple Singers standard...needs a clean... )

Walter 'Wolfman' Washington 'You Got Me Worried' / 'Good And Juicy' (Hep' Me / USA / 1960s / M-) £20

( Excellent (and rare!) Bluesy Funk which also has a strong dash of Soul in there too - I ain't a big Blues fan but this is good - with Moogs, Clavs and some nice guitar work without being too dull and repetitive like a lot of Blues can be - a goodie folks - seems unplayed... )

7059 - scan | soundfile

Holland-Dozier 'Why Can't We Be Lovers' (Invictus / USA / 1972 / M-) £8

( If ever the clichd descriptive word 'Classic' was fittingly used, here is the occasion...lovely copy.... )

Willie Fisher 'One Way Street' / 'Disco Street' (Jama / UK / 1983 / M-) £20

( Nuther great little funky disco tune here which just bops along magnificently - Stu Gardner production - the Disco version is actually pretty 'Cosmic' with rising synths, rolling basslines and breathy femme vocals - really, really nice tune and so much rarer on UK press than any other format...first-timer for me...

7063 - scan | soundfile

T.H.A.T. 'Lady, Lady' / 'What Goes Around Comes Around' (Jeree / USA / 1983 / M-) £20

( From the same label that gave us the mighty Family Of Eve 'Please Be Truthful' comes this tasty little double-sider - topside is a real good dancer - set at mid pace with wonderful vocals and fantastic backing while the flip is more downtempo but is equally worthy - seems unplayed...

7064 - scan | soundfile

T.H.A.T. 'I'll Be Forever Loving You' / 'Sweet Lady If Mine' (Jeree / USA / 1984 / M-) £20

( Ditto the above - 2 more good sides - topside ihere is more of a 2 Stepper though and sounded really warm and bubbly as I played thru it today...again - inplayed copy... )

7065 - scan | soundfile

Lowell Fulsom 'Talkin' Woman' (Kent / USA / 1960s / M-) £12

( Classic funky R&B track from a Master...stone minter...£50+ on UK Sue press nowadays...

Joey Gilmore 'Got It Together' / 'It's My Own Fault' (Lauderdale Int / USA / 1975 / M-) £25

( Definitely one of this guy's rarest 45s - almost on a par with his 2 Saadia indemanders - 2 sides of solid FLA bluesy Funk straight outta the top drawer...again - immaculate condition... )

7069 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=ZOUi0bvxnTQ

Mel Torme 'Comin 'Home Baby' / 'Right Now' (London / UK / 1960s / Ex+)£20

( Stunning copy of this outrageous double-sider - so cool on a UK London press, eh?

Sarah Vaughan 'Whatever Lola Wants' (Mercury / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £15

( Unusual little tune from Sarah - sultry dancefloor R&B with strong Jazz undertones all finished off with Ms Vaughan's wonderfully sultry vocals...love it... )

Gene Dozier and the Brotherhood 'A Hunk Of Funk' / 'One For Bess' (Minit / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £8

( Two good sides from Gene - heavyweight 60s instrumentals with driving backbeats - nice copy here at a very fair price... )

7077 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=S949vE_5e4Y

Lou Rawls 'A Natural Man' (MGM / 1960s / France / VG/VG+) £8

( Cool French pic bag copy of this excellent midtempo Northern mover - sleeve is a bit rough but vinyl is pretty good...great tune... )

7078 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=AvoRDZsD078

Seleno Clarke 'Soulful Drop' / 'Memphis Boogaloo' (M.O.C / USA / 1960s / M-) £20

( Nice to see this one arrive again - always a good seller - 2 strong funky Club sides - all instrumental - outta Memphis... )

Perfect Touch 'Merry Go Round' / 'Boogie Tonight' (Morning Glory / USA / 1980 / M-) £15

( Tuff little Detroit double-sider - Produced by Lee McDonald himself - topside is a cool midpacer but the flip is where it's at for me - uptempo Modern Soul dancer with great brass and cheeky keyboard splashes - stone mint copy here.. )

7082 https://www.youtube.c...8D6579&index=95

Norman T. Washington 'Same Thing All Over' / 'You've Been Cheating' (Pama / UK / 1968 / M-) £15

( Unplayed Copy!! In a stone mint Pama custom baggie too - 2 strong Skinhead / Mod sides here with great Hammond splashes - pure late-60s pressure - on this peerless label - never been out of it's bag...Alan 'Mohawks' Hawkshaw on the B3 here... )

7086 - scan | soundfile

The Montclairs 'Baby (You Know I'm Gonna Miss You') Pts 1 & 2 (Paula / USA / 1974 / M-) £5

( Exquisite slowie from the 'Hey You, Don't Fight It' guys... )

7088 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=iPf8mAb7o4U

Wayne Spence & Smiling Faces 'Thank God For Peace' / 'Love Is Stronger Than Hate' (Peace / USA / M- / Ex+) £50

( Fantastic and raw Gospel Fink outta Cleveleand, Ohio - lovely, lovely thing... )

7090 - scan | soundfile

The Philadelphia All-Stars 'Let's Clean Up The Ghetto voc/inst' (PIR / UK / 1974 / Ex) £5

( Such a good record - the backing track here was / is so different for it's time - syncopated basslines and rumbling congas and shuffling keys - so, so good - great lyrics and sterling vocal performances from Teddy Pendergrass (R.I.P), Archie Bell, Jean Carn, Lou Rawls and a whole stella of stars from PIR Records - love this so much - not M- so priced low - making a big comeback...plays beautiful... )

Lee Rogers 'Double Love Situation' / 'Love And Life (Go Hand In Hand') (Platinum Sound / USA / 1979 / M-) £8

( Detroit Soul stalwart near the end of his career at this point - turns in a coupla solid midpacers - unplayed copy here... )

7096 - scan | soundfile

Lee Rogers 'Second Thoughts Pts 1 & 2' (Platinum Sound / USA / 1979 / M-) £10

( Interesting and unusual pair of tunes from Lee - more like a tripy, cosmic funky jam - nicely deep basslines and a good, thoughtful arrangement with some bizarre percussion going on - a goodie...again - 100% M-... )

7097 - scan | soundfile

Wille Parker 'You Got Your Finger In My Eye' / 'I Live The Life I Love' (President / UK / 1967 / Ex) £10

( Few light scuffs here and there - nuttin major - lovely UK President press for these 2 solid slabs of Windy City Northern Soul - UK pressings are SO much better than most USA pressings... )

Bo Diddley 'Bo Diddley' (Pye International / UK / 1962 / Ex+) £15

( Just timeless - so good to be able to offer a lovely clean copy on UK press of this extremely 'momentous' tune - remember, no Bo Diddley no UK R&B...I'll dig out a Pye International custom sleeve for this one too - ok? )

7101 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=sgBbmuD_LQw

Bill Harris 'Am I Cold, Am I Hot' (RCA / USA / 1970s / M-) £10

( Blue label press...with The Brothers 'Are You Ready For This' on the flip... )

7107 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=GOTQMb8ek0c

Sammy Gordon & The Hip Huggers 'Making Love Pts 1 & 2' (Red Greg / USA / 1976 / M-) £5

( Disco / Moog Extravaganza...c/o Patrick Adams, Greg Carmichael and Fay Hauser...unplayed copy here from Brooklyn's finest.................

7108 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=myrzGUw0Brg

Milton Floyd 'I'm A Shadow' / 'Anyway I Can' (RIM / USA / 1960s / M-)£20

( Unplayed copy here - stone, stone Minter - 2 fantastic sides.... )

Ricardo Ray 'Nitty Gritty' / 'Mony, Mony' (Roulette / UK / 1968 / Ex) £15

( Cracking Latin / Soul double-sider - ya cannot go wrong with stuff like this - so much rarer on UK press than USA - in fact - I'd never seen a UK 7" of this before this one came in... )

Johnny Morisette 'Meet Me At The Twistin' Place' (SAR / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £5

( Tasty little R&B cut from the 'I'm Hungry' man - flip 'Anytime, Anyplace, Anywhere' is also worth a mention... )

Flip Flop Stevens 'Let's Do That Thing Pts 1 & 2' (Shiptown / USA / 1960s / Ex) £20

( Raucous, brassy Funk double-sider outta NC that has gone as high as £100 in it's time - but not today - needs a clean... )

7118 - scan | soundfile

Rufus Thomas 'The Breakdown Pts 1 & 2' (Stax / France / 1972 /Ex+/Ex+) £8

( All I can say is B-R-A-I-N-F-R-E-E-ZE... )

Gil Scott-Heron 'The Bottle' (Strata-East / France / 1975 / M-/M- £20

( Unplayed OG press copy of this startlingly good record - only ever issued in France on 7" for some reason? Believe me - this one is totally unplayed - cool pic baggie too... )

7121 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=upKsTCKYm4E

Saint John 'Stand-Up (Baby)' (Strawberry / Canada / 1972 / M- £300

(Yep - big price for a BIG tune...just a G-R-A-I-L and on so many Want Lists I receive here thesedays...wanna comparison? Sounds like James Brown jamming with Rhon Silva....killer Deep Funk - many are called but few are chosen... appears 99% unplayed? Someone has written 632 on the label - my guess is that this is the USD price somebody recently paid for this...just realised what the intro on this reminds me of too - Danser's Inferno 'Sombre Guitar' - imagine doing a DJ set with these 2 mixed in back-to- back - PHEW........... )

7122 - scan | soundfile

Billy Preston 'Billy's Bag' (Sue / UK / 1966 / Ex) £10

( Incredibly good shape for a 44 year old record...middle has now been dinked but plays beautifully with only minimal crackle - massive Northern Soul oldie... )

Baby Washington 'Your Fool' / 'Run My Heart' (Sue / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £12

( Again - such good shape for a record of this age - 2 big NS faves here with the excellent midtempo dancer on the topside getting my vote every time... )

Ester Byrde 'Touch Me - Take Me' / 'Tracks Of Love' (Survival / UK / 1970s / M-) £100

( Ever-indemand UK-only 45 which is actually a superb version of Rita Wright....huge Drums on this and the instrumental flip was actually also recently comped by Kon & Amir - unplayed copy here, kids... )

Marvin Gaye 'A Funky Space Reincarnation Pts 1 & 2' (Tamla / USA / 1979 / M-) £8

( Never seen this on a 7" before? So cool - one of Marvin's MOST Cosmic recordings (and he did a few!) and it really is a totally 'free' jam with so much going on in the backing that it makes me feel dizzy just listening to this again - lovely / rare Tamla WDJ copy here - unplayed...has to be rare? Possibly never actually got fully released and went to Radio Stations only? )

7126 https://www.youtube.c...2C332A&index=25

The Supremes 'Bad Weather' (Tamla Motown / UK / 1973 / Ex+) £8

( Such a good tune on these Diana Ross-less Supremes...just a lovely, lazy slab of Femme funky-soul that is completely infectious and an instant dancefloor filler - lovely copy here... )

7127 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=VVdMEghXw9Y

Sunny & The Sunliners 'Trick Bag' (Tear Drop / USA / 1960s / Ex) £12

( Great Texan outfit these guys and this is a cracking little funky workout with strong shades of 'Hip Drop' here - excellent horns and a wonderful stop/start riddim that definitely keeps you interested...tune...few scuffs = light crackle = nothing horrendous... )

7128 - scan | soundfile

The Grace Gospel Singers 'Let This Traveler In' / 'Jesus Will Lead The Way' (Tuska / USA / 1970s / M-) £30

( Sublime "Deep Soul" styled Gospel tracks on this impossibly rare label out of Atlanta, GA....!! )

7129 - scan | soundfile

Garland Green 'Jealous Kind Of Fella' (Uni / USA / 1960s / M-) £20

( Absolutely meltingly achingly gorgeous midtempo Northern Soul tune from right outta the top drawer - OMG - Garland Green had the voice of an angel - this is a lovely, lovely copy too - wonderful... )

Mystic Five 'Girls Get Out Of The Way - Let A Woman Come In' (Unity / USA / 1970s / M-) £15

( Rare Sister Funk tune that will have it's 15 minutes of fame one day - a cracker - right in that Voices Of East Harlem kinda bag - nice and raucous too - great slowie 'Don't Let Me Down' on the flip too - spotless copy... )

The Natura'elles 'Show Me The Way' (Venture / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £8

( Lovely mid-paced girlie Northern - nice condition and at a fair price.... )

Street People 'I Wanna Spend My Whole Life With You' (Vigor / USA / 1976 / M-) £5

( Peaktime USA 70s 'symphonic' Soul/Disco which was a massive tune on the Northern scene as a new release back in the day (Blackpool Mecca) - I have 4 copies here - 2 are promos with the same track on both sides and 2 that have the other killer from the LP 'Wanna Slow Dance With You Baby' on the flip - let me know which one you want when you order - ok? )

Tower Of Power 'This Time It's Real' / 'Soul Vaccination' (WB / USA / 1973 / M-) £8

( Fair price for this excellent Xover dancer which I've seen as high as £25 on other Lists - completely infectious...unplayed copy here... )

7135 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=Pq45-T2e-1g

Hank Diamond 'Soul Sauce' (World Pacific / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £75

( Rare, rare, rare one - killer vocal version to Cal Tjader's classic backing track - this is definitely the best copy I've ever had - few light scuffs here and there which are inaudible.... )

(2) 12" Singles - all genres:

Powerline 'Journey' / 'Double Journey' (Elite / UK / 1981 / M-/M-) £25

( One of these highly-talented UK guy's best and most sought-after productions - stone mint copy of a seriously good / rare slab of UK Jazz Funk... )

1202 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=GFflzCEGWc0

Don Blackman 'Rare Grooves Vol 1' (Arista EP / UK / 1982 / M-/M-) £8

( Lovely, loud-cut 4 track EP with THE 4 best cuts from Don's ace LP - 'Since You've Been Away So Long' , 'Heart's Desire' , 'Let Your Conscience Be Your Guide' , 'Never Miss A Thing' - Weldon Irvine, R.I.P... )

Brooklyn Express 'Sixty-Nine' / 'Change Position (88)' (One Way / USA / 1980s / Ex) £8

( Tee Scott + Began Cekic = Studio Magic...slightly ruff copy here so priced low - just needs a good clean actually... )

1206 https://www.youtube.c...A50D2C&index=69

Jesse Henderson 'I Did It Again' (Lasso / USA / 1982 / M-) £20

( Folks - I've had this record a LONG time so I ain't 100% sure if it's an original or a later pressing - so - I'm gonna sell it cheap just in case - ok? Lovely condition and simply a Modern Soul classic... )

sf12 - scan | soundfile

Ron Hunt 'Spider Rap' / 'A Corona Jam' (Reflection / USA / 1979 / VG+) £15

( Deep, DEEP basslines here with a funky guitar lick snaking it's way around the backing track - tight percussion and just a joy to drop...b-line reminds me a LOT of Oneness Of JuJu's 'Every Way But Loose' - syndrums too - slightly cheesy rapping but sometimes that can be a good thing...right? Flip is Next Level...

1213 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=kaq43n_POL0

Francine McGee 'Delirium' (RCA / UK / 1978 / M-) £15

( Stone Mint copy - UK Jazz Funk CLASSIC... )

1216 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=JGAX_-q-T54

Players 'Feed The Flame' / 'Instrumental' (Hostage / UK / 1980 / M-) £20

( Rare UK Boogie 12" that I've NEVER set eyes on before? Driving rhythm - hard b-lines and muted strings - actually reminds me a bit of Jupiter Beyond's 'The River Drive' - excellent stuff... )

1217 - scan | soundfile

Squallor 'I Love My Disco Baby' / 'Nottingham' (Epic / Canada / 1978 / Ex+) £40

( Rare, Canadian-only Disco 12" which never fails to please / surprise...hard one to pigeonhole cos it's out there on it's own - part-Cosmic, part-Italo Disco and part Avant-Garde - just off the clock - few marks here and there - otherwise lovely.... )

1220 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=eeds2NHdEoI

Lenny Williams 'Midnight Girl' (ABC / Canada / 1978 / Ex+) £15

( Staying in Canada for this rare 12" - not sure this ever got A UK / USA release? No blurb necessary...check the Youtube link below... )

Zalmac 'What's In It For Me' (TSOB / USA / 1982 . M-) £15

( With the one and only Zulema on vocals, excellent NYC Boogie with a booming bassline...beautiful copy.... )

1225 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=m0Ls2pU4wBI

(3) LPs:

The Frank Cunimondo Trio 'Introducing Lynn Marino' (Mondo / USA / 1960s / M-/M-) £60

( Stone, stone mint copy - still in it's shrinkwrap - 'Feelin' Good' and 'We've Only Just Begun' - never bettered... )

jf03

Eddie Harris 'That Is Why You're Overweight' (Atlantic / USA / 1975 / Ex/M-) £15

( With the long version of Eddie's Rare Groove classic 'It's All Right Now' - little bit of tape to top and bottom seams but otherwise A-1...

jf08 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=kmGVz8TVZ1U

Mark Murphy 'Who Can I Turn To' (Stateside / UK / 1960s / Ex/Ex+) £15

( Rare UK LP on MM - boy, he looks young on the sleeve - he's in real 'Jazz' mode on this one and - as you know - I LOVE Mark's voice 'My Kind Of Girl' and 'This Train' were the standouts for me but the buyer can judge for himself - sleeve is a bit crease-y but the wax is lovely...from MM's 'Mose Allison' period... )

jf17 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=dMue7BFERIg

The Bar-Kays 'Gotta Groove' (Volt / USA / 1969 / M-/M-) £25

( Their rarest LP? I believe so - it's just pure Funky Soul all the way...breaks, bass runs, drums - it's got the LOT... )

sf02 - scan | soundfile

James Brown 'The Payback' (Polydor (Dbl LP) / USA / 1973 / Ex+/M-/M-) £25

( All-time low price now cos I wanna sell it - ok? No other reason...'Mind Power' , 'The Payback' , 'Stone To The Bone' , 'Doin The Best I Can' etc etc - lovely copy - Bargain Of The List...!! Spot the Massive Attack sample from 'Protection'.... )

sf03 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=hTNIyT804mw

Rev. Milton Brunson & The Thompson Community Singers 'No Man Is An Island' (Hob Is Gospel / USA / 1970s / M-/M-) £20

( Still TIGHT in it's shrinkwrap...rare LP - killer Gospel Soul track here called 'Pray On My Child' with the wonderful vocals of Maggie Bell... )

sf04 - scan | soundfile

Bill Doggett 'Honky Tonk Popcorn' (King / USA / 1960s / M-/M-) £100

( Best copy of this I've EVER had / seen....still in it's shrink and appears unplayed... )

sf07

Father's Children 'Father's Children' (Mercury / USA / 1979 / Ex+/M-) £30

( 'Hollywood Dreaming' - kill er 2 Step grooves... )

sf08 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=gSKXeJBCfZM

The Harrell Singers 'There's A Land' (Hob Is Gospel / USA / 1970s / Ex+/M-) £50

( Haunting Gospel LP that includes the tremelo-led Deep Gospel Soul of 'There's A Land' a massive fave round here and the lead track from Beaver's recent 'Hold Out (Keep The Faith) compilation. There are 3 more killers on the LP as well, all equally as dark and deep. Please note that 'Wright' is written on both the front and back cover in biro....one of THE best Gospel Soul LPs on the whole circuit... )

sf12 - scan | soundfile

Quinn Harris & Masterminds 'All In The Soul' (Reynolds / USA / 1970 / M-/M-) £200

( 'Nuther GRAIL this List - you will not believe how clean this LP is if / when you buy it...incredibly, this is still in it's shrinkwrap...this guy was a musical scholar @ Berkley in the late-60s and this amazing Funk / Soul LP was his "piece de resistance"...'All In The Soul' is actually a twisted-up version of 'California Soul' which will blow you away...if you are into indie / underground music and also a Soul / Funk lover then I urge you to buy this LP - you will not regret it...ignore the '3 for $1' sticker on the sleeve, ok? )

sf13

Ramp 'Come Into Knowledge' (ABC / USA / 1977 / M-/M-) £60

( Still in it's shrink...'Daylight' , 'Everybody Loves The Sunshine' etc etc....®oy (A)yers (M)usical (P)roductions... )

sf17 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=5Mk4OyoPEIc

Gordon Staples and the String Thing 'Strung Out' (Motown / USA / 1970 / M-/M-) £40

( Want the truth? I've never actually even SEEN this LP before...........so hard to source and deffo one of the RAREST Motown LPs around - again - still in it's shrinkwrap - Funk all the way with some amazing string arrangements from Gordon himself and a whole plethora of Motown stars on hand to lend support 'Strung Out' is the tune but the whole thing is simply bonkers...deep bass, clavs, funky drums and massive string washes - what more can ya want...also known by Motown "boffins" as 'The Motown Strings' )

sf26 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=nxriu9p2Aj8

Richard 'Popcorn' Wylie 'Extrasensory Perception' (ABC / USA / 1974 / M-/M-) £75

( Beautiful copy - barely a mark on wax or sleeve - and it's a white promo too...again - not seen one of these around here in about 10+ years - title track is stunning Xover Soul...sleeve design is so bad it's good if you know what I mean...? Seen at well over £150 on the evil one lately.............. )

sf29

The Harvey Averne Dozen 'Viva Soul' (Atlantic / USA / 1968 / Ex+/Ex+)£50

( This man is a "Latin Legend"...killer LP 'Shake Your Money Maker' , 'The Micro Mini' , 'You're No Good' , 'Make OUt' etc etc - quality all the way...beautiful condition.... )

lb02

The Harvey Averne Barrio Band 'The Harvey Averne Barrio Band' (Heavy Duty (gatefold) / USA / 1971 / M-/M-) £50

( He'd grown his hair by now and wigged out -I believe this was the VERY first reissue Acid Jazz ever did back on the late-80s? Again - the quality is on show for all to see 'Girl From The Mountain' , 'Para Ti' , 'Heavy Duty' etc etc...beautiful copy here too... )

lb05

End Of List - t

Edited by Guest
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source