Just Filthy Soul Xmas/new Year Alldayer 27Th December Free Admission

A Filthy 'JUST SOUL' Christmas/New Year Alldayer.

Venue: Hobgoblin Pub

Nearest tube: Angel

Admission: Free

Date:27th December 2010

Kick off times:16.00-02am (that`s right folks late one)

Once again your Filthy residents bring you our last All Dayer for 2010, playing the best in Soul from 60's 70's ,80`s right up to the quality new releases all on original vinyl and Cd.

Your Filthy Residents: Neil Forbes,Andy Jones,Marcus Bell and Wayne Arbon.

Guest Dj`s from Just soul:Sean Hampsey,Andy `Tats` Taylor , Ian `Bully dead leg` Bulloch and Kev Briscoe.

Other guests:Brett Franklin and Ivor Jones.

Hopefully can get you away from the turkey and mince pies / kids/family for a few pints or 2 and top tuneage :lol: let`s finish 2010 in style :lol: .

Edited by Hammersoul
  • Replies 46
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just added Kev Briscoe ,we have a full house on the line up now :lol:

So it`s where the Northern boys meet the Cockney boys,it`s gonna get messy..Wahoo...:thumbsup:

Be good to see you and the Sheffield crew again Brett. :lol:

Be good to see ya there Geoff,hope all is well fella.

Edited by Hammersoul

oh how I'd love to come and get filthy at Christmas...

it'll take some sort of miracle to achieve it though :yes:

I'll write it on my Christmas list and see if Santa can make my dreams come true....

Edited by Guest
Guest Kev Briscoe

Just added Kev Briscoe ,we have a full house on the line up now :thumbsup:

So it`s where the Northern boys meet the Cockney boys,it`s gonna get messy..Wahoo...:lol:

Be good to see you and the Sheffield crew again Brett. :thumbsup:

Be good to see ya there Geoff,hope all is well fella.

Thanks for the invite Wayne, really looking forward to it!

Although, now that Sean and Tats are 'Radio Stars' they'll be talking to 'em!!

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

A little 'Just Soul' in London, that should keep us going til March......

Looking forward to this, timing is perfect as i'll be all Xmas'd out...... a great time to get away from the kids and all their toys. To spend an evening with a bunch of bigger kids.....and their bigger toys :thumbsup:

Bring it on, with bells on....

Girth

Thanks for the invite Wayne, really looking forward to it!

Although, now that Sean and Tats are 'Radio Stars' they'll be talking to 'em!!

Kev

Sorry for delayed reply,i`ve been in work mode lately,plus avoiding /dodging the students demos/riots.

Be good to see ya again Kev :D Yes what i caught of the show(missed last 20 mins) think the boys will pull out a few corkers on the day :D .

We will defo be `wetting the baby`s head` now Neil is a proud father to Holly. :lol: Let`s see if we can play/find some `baby` related tunes in the philly style guys. :yes:

Due to a hiccup with the late license, we'll only be going until 12pm...BOOOOOO.

BUT, the good news is, we're starting at 1pm until 12pm giving you an extra hour. HOOORAY

Here's the line up & how it was made:

I put the names into one bowl and the times into another, which was verified and drawn by my independent adjudicator.....er, that's Niki then! (No Russian bungs here)

1-2pm Paul Murphy

2 - 3.20 Brett Franklin

3.20 - 4.40 Bully

4.40 - 6.00 Neil Forbes

6 - 7 Kev Briscoe

7 - 8 Andy Jones

8- 9 Sean Hampsey

9 - 10 Andy 'Tats' Taylor

10 - 11 Wayne Arbon

11 - 12 Ivor Jones

Arrive early to hear some fantastic tunes from the start, as usual.

Music policy: Midtempo, 2 step, Xover, 70's Modern, Northern all played from original vinyl

Guest Brett F

This is going to be a cracker again Neil and co, doesn't seem 12 months since the last Xmas bash, plus we have little Holly's head to wet, so what with all the other great dj's and the usual fantastic and soulful punters down there it's gonna be a grand old day..

Ps...I'm playing Leeds the day before with Flanny and co, up early and straight from there to London............get some asprin ready will you.ph34r.gifthumbsup.gif

Cheers Brett

Once again your Filthy residents bring you our last All Dayer for 2010, playing the best in Soul from 60's 70's ,80`s right up to the quality new releases all on original vinyl and Cd.

Guest Dj`s from Just soul:Sean Hampsey,Andy `Tats` Taylor , Ian `Bully dead leg` Bulloch and Kev Briscoe.

Hopefully can get you away from the turkey and mince pies / kids/family for a few pints or 2 and top tuneage :hatsoff2: let`s finish 2010 in style :P .

Great line up guy's .....should be an absolute cracker of a do!

Really wish this was closer to home as it is a fantastic place ...everyone is warm and friendly and is made to feel welcome...there's definitely no bolitics regarding music.

Just a thoroughly good atmosphere that get's better and better as the night progresses :lamsey:

Seriously though ,anyone who has'nt already been and can make it down to this....it's worth the travel !

All the best for xmas and new yr and hope to see you all again in 2011

Nev & Jo :)

Hoping to pop in for a swift half or two (!), dish out some belated yuletide greetings, and of course to gently "heckle" the northerners :rolleyes::D

Loosely translated.......wouldnt dare miss this for fear of missing all the quality New sounds the northern boys will be laying down. :ohmy:

I'm a definite maybe rolleyes.gif ........moving house before Xmas, plus a plethora of other crap to deconflict before going back out the desert again.......but I need to dead leg bully (with my head laugh.gif ), drink (etc) irresponsibly with Brett & generally catch up with folk & hear some sublime supa soulful sounds & have a wiggle.............mmmmmmmmm how can I miss this :D .

Best Russ

Guest DaveSwift

Due to a hiccup with the late license, we'll only be going until 12pm...BOOOOOO.

BUT, the good news is, we're starting at 1pm until 12pm giving you an extra hour. HOOORAY

I put the names into one bowl and the times into another, which was verified and drawn by my independent adjudicator.....er, that's Niki then! (No Russian bungs here)

1-2pm Paul Murphy

2 - 3.20 Brett Franklin

3.20 - 4.40 Bully

4.40 - 6.00 Neil Forbes

6 - 7 Kev Briscoe

7 - 8 Andy Jones

8- 9 Sean Hampsey

10 - 11 Wayne Arbon

11 - 12 Ivor Jones

Music policy: Midtempo, 2 step, Xover, 70's Modern, Northern all played from original vinyl

Early start suits me fine - great news Wayne

Guest Brett F

I'm a definite maybe :sweatingbullets: ........moving house before Xmas, plus a plethora of other crap to deconflict before going back out the desert again.......but I need to dead leg bully (with my head :thumbsup: ), drink (etc) irresponsibly with Brett & generally catch up with folk & hear some sublime supa soulful sounds & have a wiggle.............mmmmmmmmm how can I miss this no.gif .

Best Russ

Hey Russ, yes my good fellow, it will be great to catch up, take a drink or two ph34r.giflaugh.gif, what a great line up, should be one of the highlights of the year.

Ps..Saw Bully tonight in a bar in Sheffield, he refrained from breaking my leg, but he is also really looking forward to London's finest.

Brett

Looks like its gonna be a cracker.......can't wait to spend time and share tunes with my fave people.

any hotels near?

Tats

There's a Jurys Inn opposite Tats.Looking forward to some Just Soul in old London town mate.

Tats, as Wayne has said there's the Jurys Inn 2 minutes from the venue.

Have a look here: Hotels for hotels nearby.

If you can't get something sorted, give me a call, Neil

JURY'S is perfect ....i booked it through SUPERBREAKS along with train fare and it worked out better than booking direct.

Come to think ...it was quite funny........Wayne the cockney cabbie ,helpful as ever , rang me on my mobile to say he was passing our hotel and did we want a lift to the venue??

We'd only just got booked into our room ,so i thanked him kindly, but said we'd make our own way to the Hobgoblin.

We left the hotel ,which is on a corner..looked down the road and blow me .....the venue was about 200 yards away :ohmy:

Nice hotel it i too thumbsup.gif

JURY'S is perfect ....i booked it through SUPERBREAKS along with train fare and it worked out better than booking direct.

/quote]

Thanks for the info Nev. I don't suppose you can remember how much for anyone wanting to try this option??

On another not: Have you still got that Small Society 45 for sale? Once things settle down in the New Year, I'll have that if you've still got it!

Oh and on another note, Wayne is a posh North London boy who is never a Cockney (although he supports the right team) laugh.gif

/quote]

Thanks for the info Nev. I don't suppose you can remember how much for anyone wanting to try this option??

On another not: Have you still got that Small Society 45 for sale? Once things settle down in the New Year, I'll have that if you've still got it!

Oh and on another note, Wayne is a posh North London boy who is never a Cockney (although he supports the right team) :thumbsup:

Jurys hotel using superbreaks is £65

https://www.superbrea...ee6747061785bcf

It is showing up as available via SUPERBREAKS website ....Whereas if you try booking it direct ....NO AVAILABILITY

I just tried booking the next night ,out of curiosity and it was £169

https://www.jurysinns...ODE=&x=108&y=17

Nice try on the SMALL SOCIETY ....but seriously ,would you sell it if you had one?:thumbsup:

Have a good one and hope the weather is a bit kinder by the 27th :lol:

1-2pm Paul Murphy

2 - 3.20 Brett Franklin

3.20 - 4.40 Bully

4.40 - 6.00 Neil Forbes

6 - 7 Kev Briscoe

7 - 8 Andy Jones

8- 9 Sean Hampsey

10 - 11 Wayne Arbon

11 - 12 Ivor Jones

A few people didn`t know about new start/finish times last night at 100 club so please take note its now 13.00-Midnight.

Only 3 sleeps to go...:wave:

Edited by Hammersoul
Guest Ivor Jones

Hopefully can get you away from the turkey and mince pies / kids/family for a few pints or 2 and top tuneage :wave: let`s finish 2010 in style :lol: .

Just like to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas and look forward very much to seeing you all at the Filthy Soul event on Monday.......Be there or be square people !

Ivor

Guest sigher the gutter snype

im going to be going to this....on my own...nobby no mates!!

hope you all make me feel welcome...sure you will...

p.s i have ginger hair...:hatsoff2:

good to finally say hello wayne..

im going to be going to this....on my own...nobby no mates!!

hope you all make me feel welcome...sure you will...

p.s i have ginger hair...:lol:

good to finally say hello wayne..

Everyone will make you feel welcome Russ,it`s a friendly crowd,will introduce you to everyone and i`m sure your blend in with the motley crowd of vinyl junkies/beer monsters :yes::( .

There is a lot of people coming down from Herts but i don`t know any from Hatfield area off hand,so anyone out there near by who can meet Russ best pm him direct. thumbsup.gif

Be good to finally meet mate,i`m the one with blond hair and on the bitter :yes:

Had a few people text/try to phone me today,i`ve dropped me phone in a bowl of water :thumbsup: so it`s not working at mo,best to contact either Andy/Neil or email/pm me .

Source Advert